Concerning Translation of Full Metal Panic

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Concerning Translation of Full Metal Panic

Post by HolyCow »

Dear Readers,

I am very sorry to say that we will be dropping FMP.

After a lot of discussion, it has finally been decided that we shall not work on any licensed material, which in this case, includes FMP. I will lock all topics related to FMP, and the main site will be taken down shortly.

I'm sorry if I got any of your hopes high :cry: If you wish to know more about this decision, you can always email me at the email address provided in my user page.

Once again, sorry for everything.

HolyCow
/me claws out throat and dies
Iznogoud
Astral Realm

Post by Iznogoud »

April fool ?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Nah, hes serious about this one. We were talking about it a few days before April fools anyways. :(
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Will GOTH be taking its place?
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

No, this hjas nothing to do with GOTH, but rather, it's a decision made by the Big Boss himself.

Come on, you didn't think I would really forsaken FMP to translate GOTH, did ya? >.<
Kanzar
Astral Realm

Post by Kanzar »

Ah, that really is too bad. This means I actually have to go buy the books or pressure my local library to buy the translations (they have manga! Surely they'll get the novels which are far more intellectually stimulating?)...
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Sadly it shall be years until we see a translated copy of BOMF hitting the shelves. :(
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

I Accept Full Responsibility

Post by onizuka-gto »

Entirely my fault.

In the heat of the moment, when HolyCow informed me that a rival group refused an offer to collaborate with us, and proceeded to start BOMF on their own, I gave the go ahead for this just before I left.

Yet I did not consult with the Big Boss as I (errornously) assumed if the novel was translated before the first licenced novel was released it would be fine.

Big Boss if you have not recieved my Email, and you are reading this, I am truly sorry.

Please forgive your humble servant, I accept any punishment you judge fit.

To the Readers, I'm sorry, I hope you can forgive me, and I hope you will still continue to support us.

SUMIMASEN GOZAIMASHTA

m(_ _)m
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

Ouch... tough luck monkey.
HolyCow

Re: I Accept Full Responsibility

Post by HolyCow »

onizuka-gto wrote:Entirely my fault.

In the heat of the moment, when HolyCow informed me that a rival group refused an offer to collaborate with us, and proceeded to start BOMF on their own, I gave the go ahead for this just before I left.

Yet I did not consult with the Big Boss as I (errornously) assumed if the novel was translated before the first licenced novel was released it would be fine.

Big Boss if you have not received my Email, and you are reading this, I am truly sorry.

To the Readers, I'm sorry, I hope you can forgive me, and I hope you will still continue to support us.

SUMIMASEN GOZAIMASHTA

m(_ _)m
Now now, I'm also to blame for starting work on a licensed novel :P Don't be too harsh on yourself.

Well, at least we had fun translating the prologue and the 1st quarter of Chapter One ;P

How did your job hunting go BTW?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

HolyCow wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:Entirely my fault.

Big Boss if you have not received my Email, and you are reading this, I am truly sorry.

SUMIMASEN GOZAIMASHTA

m(_ _)m
Now now, I'm also to blame for starting work on a licensed novel :P Don't be too harsh on yourself.

Well, at least we had fun translating the prologue and the 1st quarter of Chapter One ;P

How did your job hunting go BTW?
Thanks for the kind words, HolyCow.

As for the job hunt, got quite a few lucky hits in HK, funny enough.

Still had fun visiting Macau, disappointed about the cancelled flight to Nippon, but the Company had a branch in HK so i went over there and talked my way into doing my interview there (dunno why they didn't ask me to do that in the first place)

I guess the only downside is i don't have an excuse to hop to malaysia (never been) and looking for a place to stay in HK.

In an effort to stop hotel fee's burning a hole in my pocket, I looked up some old old friends and never seen before relatives (they live in some far off remote hidden ninja village in jungle forest near the northern mountains, but they do have a bus stop, so they inform me)

Either that, or I really need to bite my pride and hit the pubs/bar and see if I can snag a female who will let me stay with her, with my body as my rent fee... *shudder* ...think of the money...the money....the money...

>_<
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

So Oni, are you back home already or still in some shady looking pub/bar/hotel/motel?
Natsuke
Astral Realm

Post by Natsuke »

nnn...~~~~

It's alright, then ^.^; I'm sure it's for the best. We still have Haruhi at least.

If Haruhi disappeared, then lots of headshots would occur >.>

Thanks for attempting at least. I still carry the same appreciation from when you still thought of making a project for it.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

nnnhh? The foresty area of Hong Kong? As in Tai Mo Shan?

=/ I've only been there once but I remember that I did NOT enjoy it
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Just like to thank the Big Boss for forgiving me!

*doesn't have to commit seppuku & resign from B-T*

Arigatou Gazaimashta TLG-Dono!!

m(_ _)m

To Seth
yeah, somewhere in the New Territories... :roll:

Lots of mountains...geh...

@Onizukademongto

Return to “News”