Inaction has lasted long enough..aka 1st P.N.B-T.E.O.C.C.C.P

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Inaction has lasted long enough...

Post by Misogi »

You can use Mibbit.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

rock96 wrote:Mind sharing a copy of the log with me too, Simon?
I believe the current intention is to make the log and minutes public.

----

I've completely re-written my rules/guidelines suggestions into one comprehensive post. While it's great that we're doing things on IRC... Um, I do have a lot of things to say, and it'd probably be more confusing to hear me try and express everything in chat... @//////@;;;;;

I'd really appreciate it if TLG, Oni, (and other members interested in the topic) could read this before Sunday.

GENERAL PROPOSAL: Make Guidelines & Rules More Accessible to New Members

Because of the length of this topic, I'd like to suggest that we leave this to the end of the IRC meeting so we cover more urgent things first.

----

Something else I remembered: can we get a few words about DarkoNeko's plans to remove the list of projects on the sidebar? IIRC, he also had some ideas about a new main page. I told DarkoNeko about the meeting since he usually doesn't come check the Wiki/Forums, and he said he'd be there.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

TLG ;_;
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Without TLG, we had to improvise something.

Matters related to rules and guidelines were discussed. If you have anything to say, feel free to do so.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

Ah shi*, I set my calendar alarm to 1pm PST :( .

Anyway I will be going though the wiki page to implement the changes...
唯「もし・・・今後他の女の子に一切ハレンチな事しないって約束するなら・・・わ・・・私・・・私なら・・・」
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Minutes for the both sessions have been posted here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 14#Minutes

If you would like a full transcript of the noon session, that is available here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... he_Meeting

Evening session (when TLG did show up) is not available yet. The minutes, however, are (see above).
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Should we do a pt.2 next week?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

No, not next week.

Most things that requiered us in IRC were resolved. The rest can be done via the forum. I think.

But if we would do another session. I'd say at least in a month. Or arond that.

In that time the things that were discussed would be implemented and changeged.

If everything goes smoothl, then in two weeks. That's the minimum.

Or, TLG decides. But this time I hope that he set's his alarm to the right time.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... arch302014

Reflecting on the things that we accomplished this time, and the things that were not, I'd like to make the observation that TLG literally started from the the top of the agenda list and moved down.

Hence next time, it may be a better idea to sort that topic list by priority so TLG can cover the most important items first. (Just a suggestion).

---------

Also, passing the word down from Oni and Teh Ping (from Facebook): They said they would like to have the Meeting Summary Page (Wiki version) be posted on the main page of Wiki, and somewhere visible on the forum.

---------

Last of all, I really want to thank everyone including TLG for coming. We got a lot done today! Good job everyone!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

never have i ever wanted to like posts on this forum.... :D :lol: :wink:

Hopefully, i can attend the next one.....or i can just mark it on my calendar or send myself a reminded email or...something.

or not be drunk? maybe...maybe...
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Seems like a lot was discussed and done. It just ended a few hours ago? Should have logged in in the morning (my morning that is, GMT+8) :lol:
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Inaction has lasted long enough..aka 1st P.N.B-T.E.O.C.C

Post by Misogi »

About the SAO issue, I'm just handling the French side.

I say it here because I can't edit the Minutes atm.
----
flying dagger
Astral Realm

Post by flying dagger »

Is it possible for future meetings to go quicker? (I personally do not think this should be a whole day event)

What I think:
- Problems are being resolved on the spot, this created unnecessary delays. Should just make a list no matter how trivial it is.
- The meeting tend to go in random directions/off topic from time to time. Order should be kept, and someone needs to keep the flow going.
- IMO a lot of the more technical issues (captcha implementation/xss phishing/broken links) do not necessary need to take place in a general meeting. Only a selected few probably know what those topics are about, and even fewer would be able to contribute with meaningful feedback.

Whoever made the meeting minutes did a good job.

This may just be my biased view on how a public meeting should go.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

flying dagger wrote:Is it possible for future meetings to go quicker? (I personally do not think this should be a whole day event)

What I think:
- Problems are being resolved on the spot, this created unnecessary delays. Should just make a list no matter how trivial it is.
- The meeting tend to go in random directions/off topic from time to time. Order should be kept, and someone needs to keep the flow going.
- IMO a lot of the more technical issues (captcha implementation/xss phishing/broken links) do not necessary need to take place in a general meeting. Only a selected few probably know what those topics are about, and even fewer would be able to contribute with meaningful feedback.

I agree, but we had to improvise something due to some unforeseen events. The outcome is far from the expected one, but at least, some notable issues were solved.

- TLG insisted on discussing issues before resolving them.
- It was solved with time.
- Indeed, they were minor, it wasn't supposed to take that much time (but since they are technical, it was a bit predictable, after all).

You may thank Cloud for the minutes.
----
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

flying dagger wrote:Is it possible for future meetings to go quicker? (I personally do not think this should be a whole day event)
Depends on if TLG wants to use the meeting as time to only discuss, or as time to discuss and act simultaneously. xD

Seeing how rarely TLG comes to us in the first place, I'm fine either way (TLG IS GRACING US WITH HIS PRESENCE~! *SWOONS*). XD However, I can understand where your sentiment comes from. It's difficult to come and voice your opinions (especially if there's something you feel strongly about) if you don't have the time to be available for the whole period.

However, TLG's time is really valuable. If it's more efficient for him to resolve things as it's brought up, then power be with him.

I think an analogy would be like, if you had a Project to work on, you'd probably prefer it if your teacher allowed you work on it in class, as opposed to being required to do it all at home.

Also, IMO, I don't think TLG was actually imagining a "Formal Meeting" when he suggested that we do an online chat. I suppose some of us members (*shiftseyesaways*) ended up trying to make it seem more formal than it was intended... (and Oni lol for calling it a National Congress) XD
flying dagger wrote: What I think:

Thanks for your feedback.

Uh, yeah. I think it's mostly a question of how formal we want to be. xD If anything, I personally think the noon session was more miraculous than TLG's evening session, because given Baka-Tsuki's crazy community of insane people, some structure actually came out of it (and nearly unanimous votes).

I still think the divisions between sessions worked out well, that way. Technical details/discussion doesn't really need that much meeting structure, but voting benefited from it.

With regards to speed: Voting would go a lot faster if proposed statements were prepared before the meeting. I'll keep that in the mind for the future, since I'm apparently the biggest advocate for rule changes. IDK if anyone apart from me is masochistic enough to prep that much.... @//////@;;;;

With regards to going off topic: Depends entirely on the skills of the meeting chairperson. xD And how serious that chairperson feels like being.

Return to “News”