Inaction has lasted long enough..aka 1st P.N.B-T.E.O.C.C.C.P

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Inaction has lasted long enough..aka 1st P.N.B-T.E.O.C.C

Post by zzhk »

flying dagger wrote:Is it possible for future meetings to go quicker? (I personally do not think this should be a whole day event)
I hope you realize that the only reason it took "a whole day" was because TLG arrived almost half a day late as a result of a time zone mistake.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Is there a summery of the results?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

flying dagger wrote:Is it possible for future meetings to go quicker? (I personally do not think this should be a whole day event)
They'll be as long as they need to be. And yeah... TLG's fault.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Topic 2: Global Definition of Inactivity on the Wiki, and Consequences of Inactvity
1). One year of inactivty = loss of physical wiki rights
2). If you end up coming back, talk to a sysop to be reinstated
Uhm, what does that mean? Is it about the right to edit text (aka as a normal user) or is it about the Supervisor / Translators rights?

Project Supervisor/Administrator

Uhm you did know, that without supervisor / administrator Oni is that by default?

Topic 3: Discussion of Issues of Contacting Supervisors for Administrative Issues
1). Create a single location on the Wiki where administrative requests can be made. This should be at location that all sysops/supervisors monitor.
2). Any supervisor that grants the ok to a request will delete the request.
I am not so sure that this will work, since it seems to be too very bureaucratic.

Darklor

Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Darklor wrote:Uhm, what does that mean? Is it about the right to edit text (aka as a normal user) or is it about the Supervisor / Translators rights?
This, 14:07. Editors, Supervisors and Translators. Basically everyone with more power than a normal User.
Darklor wrote:Topic 3: Discussion of Issues of Contacting Supervisors for Administrative Issues
1). Create a single location on the Wiki where administrative requests can be made. This should be at location that all sysops/supervisors monitor.
2). Any supervisor that grants the ok to a request will delete the request.

I am not so sure that this will work, since it seems to be too very bureaucratic.
It will. It has to, we have 36 Supervisors. Having a central page for that is the best option, rather than making the users/TLs search for people that are qualified to do something.
And on the other side, we need a protocol on such things. Or else it will become a chaos.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Is the name Project Manager official and can pages be updated to reflect this name change?
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Ok, bot is running over the "Light novel (English)" and "Teaser (English)". Will also go over the German and Russian projects.

The Administrator to Supervisor, would require the redistribution of Supervisors and removal of non-supervisors from that place.
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

Simon wrote:Ok, bot is running over the "Light novel (English)" and "Teaser (English)". Will also go over the German and Russian projects.

The Administrator to Supervisor, would require the redistribution of Supervisors and removal of non-supervisors from that place.
Thanks Simon for running the bot.

For the Administrator to Supervisor change... is there any way we can help if you can't do it by bot?
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

It's more about, removing the user that is there and re-distributing the supervisors.

I can just go and remove all "Project Admins" and replace them with blank Supervisor. That isn't the problem.

The problem are people that are listed in the "Project Admins" section. I'm questioning the reaction of the people. That's all.
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Post by vallor »

Devenk and I have done the changes for the French projects.
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Simon wrote:It's more about, removing the user that is there and re-distributing the supervisors.

I can just go and remove all "Project Admins" and replace them with blank Supervisor. That isn't the problem.

The problem are people that are listed in the "Project Admins" section. I'm questioning the reaction of the people. That's all.
Got it. I manually did a quick run through of all the pages and here's what I got. These are all instances when the Project Admin does not have Supervisor privileges:

Baccano - Conflict. Need to contact the Admin (not Supervisor-level) and see if he's okay being removed.
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - Just move the Admin to Manager
Ghost Hunt - Just move the Admin to Manager
Kaze no Stigma - Conflict. Need to contact the Admin (not Supervisor-level) and see if he's okay being removed.
Kore wa Zombie - User listed twice for Admin and Manager (but not Supervisor-level). Just delete the Supervisor part.
Log Horizon - User listed twice for Admin and Manager (but not Supervisor-level). Just delete the Supervisor part.
Bakemonogatari - Manager is Supervisor level, but Admin is not. Just switch the two roles... (probably should contact just to be safe).
Mushi to Medama - Just move the Admin to Manager
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu - Just move the Admin to Manager
Ousama Game - User listed twice for Admin and Manager (but not Supervisor-level). Just delete the Supervisor part.
Shakugan no Shana - User listed twice for Admin and Manager (but not Supervisor-level). Just delete the Supervisor part.
Slayers - Just move the Admin to Manager
White Album 2 - Just move the Admin to Manager

Permission to go ahead?
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Only red are left.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Uhm, what did happen with the alternative language page in the wiki - with the welcome text in nearly every language we had?

Darklor

cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

No idea. Never knew an alt language main page existed.

Care to explain?

Return to “News”