Inaction has lasted long enough..aka 1st P.N.B-T.E.O.C.C.C.P

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Inaction has lasted long enough...

Post by Misogi »

Devenk got a temporary ban. And it seems that Hu_nk was unbanned after a while, but well, he'll check it once the forum issues are solved.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

Looking back at all the list of things on the OP, it seems to me that there's a lot of issues we want to discuss...

Misogi, do you think you could sort the points in your first post by priority? That way when we have our discussion on IRC, we'll at least get the most important things covered first.

I don't think we'd want to spend hours arguing about non-essential topics like "periodical password changes" when the "Wiki page-protect function" is a much bigger priority. Perhaps we could then use your sorted OP as an agenda so we're not bouncing all over the place. Better organization and more efficient use of our time?
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I thought of helping with making sure that we wouldn't go OT, but I guess that it'll help. I'll sort it out by priority, feasibility and the time that it'll take (the simpler things before longer ones).

Consequently, I'll use a color code to tell what is related to the wiki and/or the forum.

[Edit] Done. Please consider that all the issues will be mentionned, this order should be respected if possible.
Please give other issues asap, so that it doesn't mess up the organization.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Talinnilat
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Talinnilat »

The issues Cloud mentioned here could be added? http://baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 45#p225946

I found it mildly confusing on what all was required when I tried to start my project. In particular the one chapter in a week was scary until people mentioned you could start it and work on it for a while.

The new wiki page is clearer but still would be nice if the possible different ways to start things was better explained. I presume you don't want too many things on the left side bar that aren't fully active, but an almost unlimited number of teasers doesn't hurt anything and might generate interest?
thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

I've lessen the weight on the IP-based black lists. Try again and see if you are still affected.

In the long run though, I can't do much about false positive. Captcha is considered ineffective, and there's no good heuristic forum spam detection plugins.

As for the meeting, let's put the topics here
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... arch302014

Is the #Baka-Tsuki IRC channel on Rizon? Also, if anyone cannot attend this weekend, you should speak up now. I understand this meeting is a bit of short notice. If enough people are unable to attend, we can push it to next week.
唯「もし・・・今後他の女の子に一切ハレンチな事しないって約束するなら・・・わ・・・私・・・私なら・・・」
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

This is what I feel is the main problem:
There has been many suggestions pushed out but nothing got anywhere as there are no admins to actually lay down what can or cannot be done.

There's also the issue of SAO & AW, so if you could say whether BT is keeping it or taking it down?

On a side note, could global announcements be defaulted to another subforum that is not locked? (I'm accessing this from "View new post")
thelastguardian wrote:Is the #Baka-Tsuki IRC channel on Rizon?
Yes it is.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Issues related to guidelines has already been added.

Topics will be added on the wiki this evening (I don't have the time now).

The problem is that people are reproaching the hellish difficulty of the current questions. They don't want to struggle and get banned by accident.

The topic is linked to the News sub-forum.
----
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Thanks Simon for posting all the issues on the forum. However, there are some mistakes. I'll correct them tonight.
----
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Few more things I just thought of:

While sending PM's it's only possible to mail the following user groups: Mods, Editors, Senior Editors, Translators, (and some weird groups).

IIRC, it isn't possible to send group mail to FSB or Senior Translators... fix please?
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I'll add that.
----
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

thelastguardian wrote: In the long run though, I can't do much about false positive. Captcha is considered ineffective, and there's no good heuristic forum spam detection plugins.
Actually I find Akismet to be pretty accurate... And I've heard of a port to phpBB, once. :o
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

larethian wrote:Can someone save a log of the IRC discussion for me? Would love to attend but I won't be able to make it this weekend as I have a weekend conference (in which I'm also one of the organizers) to attend.
Will do.
Misogi wrote:Thanks Simon for posting all the issues on the forum. However, there are some mistakes. I'll correct them tonight.
That's why there is the Two-man rule.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Oh well, I had to do something else... will do it tomorrow or on Saturday.
----
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

thelastguardian wrote:Sunday noon is fine with me. Tentatively 1pm GMT (I live in North America west coast, so it's -7 for me.)
To Oni(only him will understand anyways): I guess I don't need a month in my bicycle anymore, right?
Call me Nurin!

rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

>BT-meeting, hooray!
>IRC.

Well damn. I'd like to take part but it seems, without an IRC client/means to register, I'd spend the weekend studying. Mind sharing a copy of the log with me too, Simon?
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.

Return to “News”