HAPPY 8th ANNIVERSARY!! An 8th of a Decade of Light Novels!

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: HAPPY 8th ANNIVERSARY!! An 8th of a Decade of Light Nove

Post by Darklor »

onizuka-gto wrote:
Darklor wrote: (and I have still hope to see some or more glimpses of "The most irresponsible man in space aka captain Tylor"

ahhh...I love that anime! So good! Didn't know it had a novel! I wanna read it! :cry:
Huh? You didnt know that it is based on a novel series?

It has even a thread in the future suggestion section ;) - therefore it was in the novel section.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
seitsuki
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by seitsuki »

One day the God-Empress will return again to reclaim Her crown. Until then.

Congratulations to us \o/
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Wow..... 8 years..... More than half of all the years i've spend..... *sigh* maybe I should speak of the time where I first found baka.tsuki. It was somewhere between 2010 and 2012 I wa searching through the famous procrastination website called 9gag where I stumbled upon a meme with anime characters which is actually a scene from boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai.
As a child I always loved reading mangas and cartoons, both my father and mother was a huge bookworm, my parents collected mystery novels by Alfred Hitchcock, and my father also pursued the book called manga. It is a common shounen manga where you would easily find in a bookstore l, one of it was the series Tekken Chinmi, by Takeshi Maekawa. My father one day took out all of his collection to air it off from his locked cupboard and read tekken Chinmi as he was doing so. I was just a kid who could barely read something at that time and I was introduced to manga right then.
At first it was fun reading with my dad, but then I got addicted reading it until I could finish off atleast 4 volumes each night. From then on I grew with such condition.
Later at grade 4 I met a kid who could draw real good and until now he would still upload some stuff in deviant art. From him I know better about reading manga online and naruto.
After then we became good friends and each week we would ask each other of any good mangas. From that day I know stuff like mirai nikki, fairy tail, vocaloid, hentai, anime, animax in cabled tv, and other things related to the otaku-ish Japanese culture. As life continues on I arrive to the place called middle school, which is a walk in the park(if you know your maths). At middle school I still come in contact with my friend through the nifty thing called Facebook but we rarely make contact, and if we did it would be a tall about good mangas and games.
In middle school I met my gamer friends and riajuu friends. But no otaku-ish friends just regular anime=hentai kind of friends. But through them I know of 9gag, and here I am looking at the boku wa tomodachi meme.
After looking into that scene, I got curious, partly because of boredom and partly because I need cute anime girls to Jack off. So I searched the internet of haganai.
I always hated watching anime because I could read just as much as an episode which is 22 mins, with just minutes of reading. I couldn't find the manga but I found baka-tsuki a light Novel translation community or 'free reads!' in my mind. So I read it and it was funny and continued on reading it until catching up to the latest chapter and then forgetting about it.
Months later while watching animax I found baka and test summon the beast, and tried looking for the manga only to find out that they have stopped translating it, and then I went to baka-tsuki and find reading it addicting (thank you ping, and other tlrs).
Then I became a third year in middle school. At this point I have befriended an upperclassman who have the same tastes as me, I bought a lot of downloaded animea from him just because I was too lazy to do it myself. One of the animes I got was campione and later open the baka-tsuki and then finding out that the anime was a complete rubbish because the LN is much much more epic. Then I read Sao, highschool dxd, date a live, and other fun LNs there are (kamisama no memochou, sakurasou no pet na kanojo, ichiban ushiro daimaou, hidan no aria, accel world, seirei tsukai ni kenbu, and many more).
At the time I created and account here i was a neet. Yes a NEET hikkikomori, a drop out, what ever you want to call it. I created it to post something that now I have forgotten, and somewhere at the time when south east asia is real hot and a lot of people was ranting in #campione irc I made contact with the alien called residents of the translation world. But really it was flunking hot.
After less people coming(or was it my bas internet connection?) I found myself stalking in the forums as a NEET. And then Here I am now, not NEET anymore. And man did this typing drain my smartphone's battery!
And i'm sorry if anyone felt offended.
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mondaiji; Campione; Mushoku Tensei; Black Bullet

Post by Rage_Ender »

Maybe I shouldn't summarise it, thay way I could beat ping's long story that only people with nothing else better to do would read. Fortunately his story is a good one. :D
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
Brian_Hail
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Brian_Hail »

Truth be told, I trace the beginnings of my journey to find Baka Tsuki by starting to watch anime in 2009. It sort of gave me that fix for the week as I had started studying Teaching at University. After about 18 months I found anime wasn't doing it for me as much anymore (hard to find anime that I like that are good :cry: ) so I moved onto Manga and Manhwa. But after a while that too along with Anime didn't give me that fix. I still felt slightly unsatisfied. Then I stumble upon Baka Tsuki in after hearing my favourite anime at the time (Toaru Majutsu no Index) originally came from a Novel, so I decided to read it. So that would have been about mid - late 2011.

Now with Baka Tsuki, Manga/Manhwa and Anime I get my weekly fix each Sunday.

Return to “News”