Happy (late) Aniversary Baka-Tsuki

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Happy (late) Aniversary Baka-Tsuki

Post by onizuka-gto »

I knew I forgot something, it was last month, but i was so busy I forgot. :roll:

Anyway, better late then never!

I don't have much to say, but its hard for me to believe it has now been a year.

A year ago, if it was not for the kindness of our absent yet benevolent founder, thelastguardian , who had the wisdom to open his love of a little known Japanese novel to the mercy of the netizen on this radically new format, the Baka-Tsuki we know today, would of been but a fleeting dream, not the vibrant and thriving community of users with a shared passion for Japanese literature.

On behalf of the those who are sadly not with us today, yet were the first who joined Baka-Tsuki and help push our way of life though the interweb jungle I thank you, the Big Boss and most importantly you, the community.

let this be the first of many happy anniversaries.

Sincerely,

Onizuka-GTO

m(_ _)m
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

I wasn't here while Baka-Tsuki was created, and have only been here for 6 months, but let me say one thing:

Baka-Tsuki BANZAI!!
/me claws out throat and dies
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

I've only been around for 3 months but what the hell. Xin Shen Kui Le!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Your not getting rid of me easily so I'll be around for quite some time. 8)
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Merry Christmas.

Nagatoism forever!
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Happy anniversary, BT!

I had noticed from some of your posts about the start od BT last month, but no one seemed to think it was that important.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Dan wrote:Happy anniversary, BT!

I had noticed from some of your posts about the start od BT last month, but no one seemed to think it was that important.
i was just busy, i knew something special happened last month, and i don't mean HolyCow's perverted public display of gothic-guro-loli-ness love, although i have to mark a note of that too, for next year....

:roll:

p.s.: and for all you lazy and thankless B-T staff, i've sent a thank you email to the Big Boss on all of your behalf.
Shrine Portal 24hr service wrote: Dear TLG,

I knew I forgot something last month, while it was a belated celebration,

one year ago, you started something, that today we are now a community of users with a shared passion.

So on behalf of the Baka-Tsuki staff & community, we would like to give you our heartfelt thanks, or more specifically

<-- Arigatou Gozaimas'ta! --> m(_ _)m

For sharing your love of Japanese literature with us, and your generosity for hosting Baka-Tsuki back then, and to this very day.

We wish you all the best and hope this will the first of many happy anniversaries

sincerely & best regards,

Onizuka-GTO & Staff

First Anniversary thread @ Baka-Tsuki Forum

his replied:
Hello

I am checking the emails from newest to oldest ;) .

Thanks

thelastguardian
I take it he was please with my humble offering, and has continued to let us live and ebb away our sanity by his good grace.

Don't say I never do anything for you ungraceful youngin's....caretaking for the Gods is a tough job you know :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

onizuka-gto wrote:i was just busy, i knew something special happened last month, and i don't mean HolyCow's perverted public display of gothic-guro-loli-ness love, although i have to mark a note of that too, for next year....
I'm honored 8)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Are we going to hold a party or is anyone going to do anything special? I was thinking about making a picture with some of the stupid stuff thats passed through the BT, but I kinda lost track of the idea. :?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

been here around Januray but thanks for giving me the translation of the SOS books and letting me enjoying what may come next in season 2

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Are we going to hold a party or is anyone going to do anything special? I was thinking about making a picture with some of the stupid stuff thats passed through the BT, but I kinda lost track of the idea. :?
that sounds like a good idea, i was thinking of putting some sort of little picture icon thingy on the main page, just as a reminder of B-T first anniversary.

preferably medium size, and has the words "1st anniversary"

i'm welcome to some concept/idea even entries.

hell, if i do one its just going to be a remix of the B-T original picture with the words on it, so if anyone can submit anything better, you got a chance to have it up on the front page.

hell, if its THAT good, i'll see if we can use it for the forum icon (maybe replace the wiki one? who knows!), because frankly the "phpbb" badge is fudgly.

:wink:

@Onizukademongto
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

What or who the hell is it suppose to be anyways. :?

How big do you want this thing?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well, i suppose the original size should be twice the dimension of the picture we use for the wiki, therefore if it good enough to replace the wiki logo, we can scale it down and not lose any quality.

@Onizukademongto
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

The best things about Baka-Tsuki would be novel translations, lots of Spam, Oni's bushy eyebrows, lots of Gore lovers, Loli-psycho lovers, Dan's drawings and the fact that it's been up for a year already.

Think you can create something like that? :wink:
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Voila! I have answered your prayers, HolyCow.

Return to “News”