Feedbacks on phpBB3

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Feedbacks on phpBB3

Post by ben1234 »

Ok, BBCode just switch from on to off in this thread. :roll:
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Is it possible to let us select our own themes?
(nvmd. The subsilver was good enough for me.)
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

Beware the talking cat wrote:Is it possible to let us select our own themes?
(nvmd. The subsilver was good enough for me.)
That would be negative, sorry.

Due to various reasons (mainly custom images placement and debugging issues) . I would rather see the forum uses one single theme that everyone agrees on.

As for the blue tint- blue has been phpBB's theme color for over 7 years. Now you complain? :D

As for the avatar right/left side. I look through the documentation and I don't think its possible to change it. At least not with the default prosilver theme.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

That's a pretty awesome avatar you have. :3

I don't see why making the avatar on the other side bothers people so much. :roll: It's just being flipped. I know a few forums that do that.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

thelastguardian wrote:As for the avatar right/left side. I look through the documentation and I don't think its possible to change it. At least not with the default prosilver theme.
Of course it is. phpBB3 uses pretty much the same templating system that the previous version did, so without even looking I can tell you exactly how to do it. Just edit:

./styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html

The answer lies somewhere between <!-- BEGIN postrow --> and <!-- END postrow -->. Since it's on the right, look near the end of this block for something like {postrow.AVATAR} or similar. You just need to move the code up to the top so it gets rendered first (ie on the left).
=Smidge=
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

ok since we can't get rid of the blueness everywhere, how about making the 'new posts' indicator more obvious? I have to strain a bit to see whether or not that topic is in orange
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Seth have you tried the subsilver2 template yet? It's pretty much the same as our old board style.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Setherzam wrote:ok since we can't get rid of the blueness everywhere, how about making the 'new posts' indicator more obvious? I have to strain a bit to see whether or not that topic is in orange

sorry, its just means a new theme has to be installed.

seriously, if you want an alternative, you have to find a theme pack for phpbb3 then petition it to the Big Boss.

because the big boss is the only one who can install these big things.

no way in hell im i going spend using the simple web-base page to upload 500 php scripts one after another.

so if your seriously can't stand the blue-ness i'll take your petition and sent it upstair.

seriously, bureaucracy will take care of it all, and everyone knows how well bureaucracy works in peace time.

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

Ah! I didn't know we could change the themes >.> much better really
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Setherzam wrote:Ah! I didn't know we could change the themes >.> much better really

*facepalm*

BANNED. :evil:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

Thanks I didn't you can do that. Even though hacking the code itself is not what I really looking forwards to, I guess I may have no choice.

As for the theme

Just give me a theme that everyone can live with. I don't particular like the dreamy-blue theme myself, and I am sure most of you don't either.

Give me a theme and I will upload it, or else I will choose one myself (or the one onizuka sent me).
Miso-soup
Astral Realm

Post by Miso-soup »

BLACK. Pure B-B-B-Black.

>=3
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

oh, if a few peopel can post as a guest please, just testing out the moderator queue function.

project editors, please do what your suppose to do, check your moderator queues for posts and stuff and check if the function is doing ok.

forgot which forums i put the thing on, so try posting as a guest in various forums please.

thanks!

:)

@Onizukademongto
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

I just checked; News, Forums/Wiki Feedback, Unified Format Guidelines, all have them. Continuing to test.

EDIT: Hosted and Alternate Languages do not. All the project forums do.

EDIT 2: All other forums have it.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

hmm..

now i just have to figure out where i should put them.

i still want random guest users to be able to chip in, but obviously that they shouldn't have the same privileges as our registered users.

any suggestions to where i should put them?

oh to seth, i realise I can change the "NEW POST" image, just want to know which one (theme) are you talking about, how much more BIGGER do you think it should be, and what it should looklike (unless you just want it the same but bigger)

i think the next feature to test out on this board should be the "warning" feature.

@Onizukademongto

Return to “News”