Zero Post User Purge! ~Warning!~

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Sirey (German Supervisor SHnY)
Astral Realm

Re: Zero Post User Purge! ~Warning!~

Post by Sirey (German Supervisor SHnY) »

[quote="quethiril"][quote="ShadowZeroHeart"]So ermm... we do have some zero-posting translators right? What to do about them?[/quote]

Yeah! It's hard enough to be productive on the Wiki without spending time talking to all you thousand-plus post people in the forums. :P
[/quote]

Best thing is, you can't even contact Admins to reactivate the Accounts. PM is obviously out of question and some don't have E-Mails, others are unable to receive anymore Mails, so you're actually stuck writing kinda incognito... where?

I'll just do it here then. No other way to "contact a board administrator", as the beautiful error message stated.

The Account Name is Sirey. Should be about 7-8 Posts i did here. I'm actually a translator, English -> German for TMoHS though. Access to the wiki still works, but access to the board would be kinda funky.
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Not sure how it works, but I think the account cannot be retrieved. If so, looks like you would have to create a new account. But wait for a reply from Oni first and see what he says. =)
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Sirey, your account has only been deactivated, since i recognised your name but couldn't remember if you were still here or not.

you only have to check your email and reactivated it.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Sirey
Astral Realm

Post by Sirey »

Hm, I didn't find any Mails on my Account, but i could login miraculously anyways. Thanks, i guess :D

But it really confused me, since i had a problem with connecting to wiki and forums anytime i tried, then later i guess my router fucked it up but i never looked again wheter BT works or not, so i kinda got inactive a bit.
But i totally wouldn't abandon the Yuki Fanclub =>

Well, sorry for the uproar, and if it was the staff, thanks for the fast and nice help!
softtack
Astral Realm

Post by softtack »

I was wondering what happened to my account. I guess I should visit the forums more often...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

[quote="Sirey"]Hm, I didn't find any Mails on my Account, but i could login miraculously anyways. Thanks, i guess :D

But it really confused me, since i had a problem with connecting to wiki and forums anytime i tried, then later i guess my router fucked it up but i never looked again wheter BT works or not, so i kinda got inactive a bit.
But i totally wouldn't abandon the Yuki Fanclub =>

Well, sorry for the uproar, and if it was the staff, thanks for the fast and nice help![/quote]

Grats! And it looks like as if you are save now for the next years purge, if they dont have a rise in necessary posts here again. ;)

PS: To bad the bbcode was off, I wonder why...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Guess a lag or something...
Last edited by Darklor on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darklor

Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

After I click on resend activation e-mail I get this message:

Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator.

Did you completely wiped the accounts purged from the database?If not is it possible for you to reactivate account: richthofen registration date:20.10.2006 ?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Guest wrote:After I click on resend activation e-mail I get this message:

Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator.

Did you completely wiped the accounts purged from the database?If not is it possible for you to reactivate account: richthofen registration date:20.10.2006 ?

Ahh, another name that i kinda of rememberedbutwasntreallysuresoideactivated

Check your email or simply apply for a new password, the account is still there.

welcome back richthofen.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
NaweG
Astral Realm

Post by NaweG »

Will this be happening again this year? I just joined, and would hate to be delisted before I've had a chance to get going :D
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Oh, its not that hard to get at least ten posts... ;)

Darklor

NaweG
Astral Realm

Post by NaweG »

Darklor wrote:Oh, its not that hard to get at least ten posts... ;)
I'll do my best then (let's see, is that 5?) :P
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

That was 4 only 6 to go ;) ( you could do a tour through the Baka-Tsuki forum (or take a look in the Cognitive Dissonance Zone) where can be found some easy ways to rise the post count ;))

Darklor

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

NaweG wrote:Will this be happening again this year? I just joined, and would hate to be delisted before I've had a chance to get going :D
In the first place... people that joined in only recently should be exempted from immediate expulsion... it only makes sense that way... i think?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
NaweG
Astral Realm

Post by NaweG »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
NaweG wrote:Will this be happening again this year? I just joined, and would hate to be delisted before I've had a chance to get going :D
In the first place... people that joined in only recently should be exempted from immediate expulsion... it only makes sense that way... i think?
Well, what makes "sense" is often a bit confusing on it's own. One part of what I do on my contracts is requirements development. As stated currently, it's not clear if it's "Must have made 10 posts ever", "Must have made 10 posts this year" or "Must make at least 10 posts every year".

I could make arguments for any of those options, but am wondering which of those the "Big Kahuna" actually has in mind :D

Return to “News”