Zero Post User Purge! ~Warning!~

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Zero Post User Purge! ~Warning!~

Post by Teh_ping »

dragonst wrote:Define 'quality posts'. And where's our editor-in-chief, oh-my-singlish-is-pera-pera oni? Lol shouldn't he be the one behind these purges?
Probably recovering from jet lag now...
chrnno wrote:@Teh_ping we have spamming policies? :shock:
That's the point.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well Baka-Tsuki is pretty well known, it wouldn't be surprising if people tried to spam their sites in the forum or wiki.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

chrnno wrote:@Teh_ping we have spamming policies? :shock:
Jup, we have.
Poke2201 wrote:Well Baka-Tsuki is pretty well known, it wouldn't be surprising if people tried to spam their sites in the forum or wiki.
Also thats the reason for purging below 10
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Well, we are probably working on different definitions of spam here... I for one don't have one at all.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Spam as in advertising others sites.

Or just plain copypasta replies on every topic.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Oh that... I would consider that trolling.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Spamming is trolling in a way.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Not neccessarily, spam can be sometimes fun while trolling by definition is annoying or at least with the intent to.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

why would spam be fun to read?

I dunno about you, but getting car insurance 15% off when you dont even have a license let alone a car would make me annoyed
Or the damned pill mails.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Oh come on, didn't you ever receive one that was so poorly written you laughed at it?
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Yes. But I have also received phone calls from call centers in India, and I had more fun trolling them.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

I suppose that could also work... So spamming and trolling can be funny. What now?
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well In other news, 2010 is about to end. Wat Do?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Start planning your New Year resolutions...
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Funny I left the PC because I didn't think you would post anytime soon and it was late here...

Also anyone knows how the purge this year is going to be, I am actually interested in that(even if by the conversation it doesn't look so...)

Return to “News”