Server down

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Server down

Post by Poke2201 »

Theres also topics from 2006 in there too.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

But should I ask permission before deleting?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

PM the boss and oni
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

Since people demand a human readable explanation, I will explain it here.

At random interval (probably not- more likely that there is a certain huge wiki page being requested), the web server software would overwhelm the database software. The database would refuse to serve any new requests; At the same time, new requests continues to come in. The web server have no choice but to queue up all the new requests. As time goes on (within 5 min), there would be so much queued requests that the server grind to a halt.

This is likely a bug in the connector between the web server and the database. I am hoping that a new version of the connector, scheduled to be released today, would cure the problem. For now, I have made some setting changes and is actively monitoring the server. Finally, I scheduled the http server software to restart itself every 2 hours so that, even if the http server does get stuck, downtime would be minimal.

So far, things holding up pretty nicely (as in, my fixes are finally working and the server is not freezing).

I know it's been frustrating for everyone. Believe me, I am frustrated about this issue as well (I spent my last 3 weekends setting up test environments + compile each component manually to isolate the problem- doesn't work).

In any case, sorry about the trouble everyone. And no data is ever lost- everything is backup bi-weekly :p

Also, the current hosting company is probably the one of the most, if not the most professional hosting company I've ever dealt with. So don't be too hard on them :p
唯「もし・・・今後他の女の子に一切ハレンチな事しないって約束するなら・・・わ・・・私・・・私なら・・・」
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

So, how is the new one doing?
Kira0802

thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

The release date slipped....

In any case, the server hasn't freeze for the past 3 days, so I am happy.
唯「もし・・・今後他の女の子に一切ハレンチな事しないって約束するなら・・・わ・・・私・・・私なら・・・」
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Great, no problems for more than a week.
Kira0802

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

kira0802 wrote:Great, no problems for more than a week.
and it begans again.

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

really? when? I did try to log in last week end, but couldn't. just thought it was my internet connection.....

If anyone get any error message, please email the Big Boss immediately, better safe then sorry!
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Whats his email?!

We just had another server down.
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

It's on his/her user page. The big boss is so reclusive we really have no idea how old he is, what gender, what race, what country he comes from. You may or may not have noticed that he's actually one of the relatively infrequent posters around here. I don't post that much, but in a sixteen months I've already posted twice what the Big Boss has in 4-5 years (or however old this site is).
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

You mean private message right?
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by rpapo »

No, I'm referring to an actual hotmail/gmail/aol type e-mail address that works even when B-T is down. I've used it many times, and occasionally actually got a response...
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Oh alright.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Yes, please email the The Big Boss, i had a Wiki/forum error on wednesday i think. Immediately notified the him. Seems like it's okay now.

rpapo wrote:It's on his/her user page. The big boss is so reclusive we really have no idea how old he is, what gender, what race, what country he comes from. You may or may not have noticed that he's actually one of the relatively infrequent posters around here. I don't post that much, but in a sixteen months I've already posted twice what the Big Boss has in 4-5 years (or however old this site is).
All your question will be answered! Just keep an eye on the blog during the 11th of April, a special post for our 5th Anniversary of Baka-Tsuki.
:mrgreen: :wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “News”