Server down

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Server down

Post by thelastguardian »

Seasons greeting all

Some of you may notice that the server was the down for the past 12 hours. There is a very simple explanation for that- the server went out of hard drive space :p

Sorry about that, I didn't expect the log file to take up that much space (a few gig).

Anyway it's been fixed for now, and no data is lost (the database locked itself up to protect the data integrity.)
salv87
Astral Realm

Re: Server down

Post by salv87 »

nice job getting it all back up.

I guess even servers need a rest after a hard celebration ^_^
Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

server got a hang over~
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Setherzam wrote:server got a hang over~
lol.

BANNED

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

Oni, you kinda got the wrong thread..

the place for that is here=> http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewto ... 798#p47798 ^_^
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Do the server have some problems again? I do get regularly a 500 internal server error message and beside this are the forum and wiki very slow (if I dont get the message)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Darklor wrote:Do the server have some problems again? I do get regularly a 500 internal server error message and beside this are the forum and wiki very slow (if I dont get the message)
Seconded. "very" is a gross understatement here. :? What is wrong wif b-t.net? 2nd upgrade ongoing? Really frustrating, the way things are now...
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

Ya i agree Zyzzyva165, over the last two days i keep getting the Internal server error, and when I do get through to the site it is very slow. Is the server getting updated or did it run out of hard drive space..... again
joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joay_b »

List of suspects:

1. Web server's being hammered
2. Database server attached to the b-t is also hammered

Either way it's the provider's problems now ... the web m****ys at b-t have every right to scream like hell to them ...
まず隗より始めよ。
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

If you're having problems with connecting here, it would probably be best if you did these things:

1. Clear your internet cache(s)/cookies/etc.
2. Don't use Internet Craplorer, use Mozilla or Opera.
3. Repair your internet connection, LAN or otherwise.
4. Restart your computer and then do all the above; or do all the above and then restart and repair your internet connection again.
Tongari
Astral Realm

Post by Tongari »

This definitely isn't a client problem. I bounce between 3 computers daily and all of them are experiencing the problem (when it was happening). It seems to have cleared up for the most part now, but every now and then BT fails to load and it needs to be refreshed.
stints
Astral Realm

Post by stints »

Hmm... I'm not sure I can agree with the guy above me. The past 2 days, excluding today, I've gotten the 500 error like everyone else but today I'm getting a baka-tsuki.net special error saying that the server made a problem. I've been trying to wait so I go and play some levels in Left4Dead but each time its that same error page.
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

[quote="Rectifier"]If you're having problems with connecting here, it would probably be best if you did these things:

1. Clear your internet cache(s)/cookies/etc.
2. Don't use Internet Craplorer, use Mozilla or Opera.
3. Repair your internet connection, LAN or otherwise.
4. Restart your computer and then do all the above; or do all the above and then restart and repair your internet connection again.[/quote]

Believe me, I already tried that a few times. Also, the error i am getting now is "Baka-Tsuki has a problem". Hopefully this will clear up soon
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Should be fixed now, LastGuardian set up a faster server for baka-tsuki.
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

Okay so that was the reason. Well it seems slightly faster so that's good

Return to “News”