Translator Promotion! Vote Now!

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Promotion Vote!

Poll ended at Sat May 02, 2009 3:19 am

shadowzeroheart
68%
Brynhilde
32%

Total votes: 22

Rectifier
Astral Realm

Re: Translator Promotion! Vote Now!

Post by Rectifier »

It's just like highlander, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

*voted for shadow only because activity on the forums is a + for me
Subete
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Subete »

Useful... is that a compliment?
Yes, it was... I should have said 'help' ? or, yes, 'active' ?
not fluent in english, sorry.
only 1 may rise?
and if we have a draw ? *try to cheat...*
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

if there is a draw, then i will bring the candidates to a decisive Translator member vote only.
:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Brynhilde
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Brynhilde »

Wow. Had Zyzzyva165 not told me about this, I wouldn't have known this post... now I feel guilty about not coming to Baka-Tsuki frequently.

Currently I am only doing Fate/Zero, and since translation activities are mainly at Beast's Lair, I rarely show up else where. I have been eyeing up some other translation projects, but due to real life issues and a rigorous university schedule I simply did not have enough time on the Internet as most other people in the past year. Quite surprised to find that I have been nominated. I was convinced that pretty much no one here knows of my existance.

I do tend to just quietly translate and do nothing else. People may not see me much on the internet, but I always get the work done accurately and on time. I won't be active on the forum any time soon, so feel free to vote for whoever you prefer.
Do we want to become stronger, or just want to let others acknowledge our strength?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Brynhilde wrote:Wow. Had Zyzzyva165 not told me about this, I wouldn't have known this post... now I feel guilty about not coming to Baka-Tsuki frequently.

Currently I am only doing Fate/Zero, and since translation activities are mainly at Beast's Lair, I rarely show up else where. I have been eyeing up some other translation projects, but due to real life issues and a rigorous university schedule I simply did not have enough time on the Internet as most other people in the past year. Quite surprised to find that I have been nominated. I was convinced that pretty much no one here knows of my existance.

I do tend to just quietly translate and do nothing else. People may not see me much on the internet, but I always get the work done accurately and on time. I won't be active on the forum any time soon, so feel free to vote for whoever you prefer.
Thank you for your input Bryn, very humble of you, very worthy to be a nominated candidate for this promotion. :)

Who ever is promoted in this round, the other candidate will be still eligible for the next. :P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

onizuka-gto wrote:So please vote for the translator you think has contribute the most to the community. :)

As the title suggest, I need some names of some regular translators, who are active, from the current list, who will be elevated to Senior Translator rank.

They must have at leased 6 months of activity on the wiki and at leased six translated chapters registered.
I can't make an informed decision just on that. We're required to choose the one most fit ... for what role? If that promotion is like a "medal" for past contributions, these can be checked:

Brynhilde: wiki contributions, forum profile
ShadowZeroHeart: wiki contributions, forum profile

According to these, Brynhilde has 6 month more wiki experience than ShadowZeroHeart, and has been constantly (monthly) contributing to wiki since May'08, but only to Fate/Zero project. ShadowZeroHeart has been contributing monthly since his registration (June'08) to Feb'09 (which means he's currently inactive on wiki), to more than 3 projects. At the same time, Brynhilde showed next to none activity on B-T forums, while ShadowZeroHeart's forum contributions seem to be on par with his wiki ones.

So for me it's like comparing apples to oranges. We won't see Brynhilde on the forum, but she is obviously best fit for head of Fate/Zero project on B-T wiki. ShadowZeroHeart frequents B-T forum, but he doesn't have time to contribute to wiki, and doesn't seem to have time for it in the nearest future. That means that he's more fit for dealing with forum-related issues.

The question stands: what does this promotion do and for what task it's done?

Without having clear understanding of above, I can't give an informed answer, so I'm refraining from voting. Yet.
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Translators no Roukou Page
Veteran Translators of Baka-Tsuki.

This is a Recognition of your regular contribution to Baka-Tsuki.

Thank you for helping build Baka-Tsuki to what it is now.

Admitted by recommendation only. This is a closed group, new members can only join upon invitation of a group leader.

Looks like you've got a point. "Regular contribution to B-T"...Sounds a little vague to me. Could be contribution to the wiki, or the forum? But since it is afterall a "translator"'s group, I'd assume it inclines more towards the wiki than the forum?
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Contribution to B-T as a whole.

Wiki and/or Forum.

As for the details of the contribution in relations to Baka Tsuki, This is up to the community to interpret the exact definition that will help them decide which of the Translators are worthy of their patronage.

:)

@Onizukademongto
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Submitted my vote. :D Good luck.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

hmmm thought i put this poll for two weeks? oh well...
:roll:

@Onizukademongto
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

onizuka-gto wrote:hmmm thought i put this poll for two weeks? oh well...
Lol, was voting supposed to end by now?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Akirasav wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:hmmm thought i put this poll for two weeks? oh well...
Lol, was voting supposed to end by now?

probably, but oh well, its up till 2nd of May.

no point changing it, next time i'll make it shorter.
:D

@Onizukademongto
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

All hail our new Senior Translator, Shadow-senpai!! :mrgreen:

/salutes
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

hmmm.... knew i forgot something....

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Its normal, all unimportant things slip your mind easily... Though in some cases even important ones slip off too!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “News”