Translator Promotion! Vote Now!

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Promotion Vote!

Poll ended at Sat May 02, 2009 3:19 am

shadowzeroheart
68%
Brynhilde
32%

Total votes: 22

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Translator Promotion! Vote Now!

Post by onizuka-gto »

Vote has now been added.

shadowzeroheart and Brynhilde have been nominated to be promoted to senior translator.

This vote is for community members only.

Vote is open for 30 days!

So please vote for the translator you think has contribute the most to the community. :)
As the title suggest, I need some names of some regular translators, who are active, from the current list, who will be elevated to Senior Translator rank.

We need more alternative language nominations, so that they will be qualified for specific language Supervisor.

At the moment I just need names, At the moment I am considering only one person to be promoted.

These names will then be put up for vote.

Not sure if it should be a senior translator vote only, a Translator only vote, or simply an open one.

They must have at leased 6 months of activity on the wiki and at leased six translated chapters registered.

So, let them roll please! :)
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Mon May 11, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: for community vote
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Translator Promotion!

Post by Beware the talking cat »

ShadowZeroHeart--he translates everything.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

If you want to promote a Translator to a Senior Translator just because s/he is actively translating (and no for other purpose like eg: supervising), then I have someone to nominate.

Brynhilde

She is one of the oldest, and activest translators at the moment, I daresay. The sideback is that she does not log onto B-T often, since she is from Beast-Lair, after all. So, not so good for supervising, but her contributions cannot be denied.
Beware the talking cat wrote:ShadowZeroHeart--he translates everything.
Naturally, agreed.

And Darknemo I guess. Though he's taking a break at the moment, his works last year are... 8)
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Zyzzyva165 wrote:If you want to promote a Translator to a Senior Translator just because s/he is actively translating (and no for other purpose like eg: supervising), then I have someone to nominate.

Brynhilde

She is one of the oldest, and activest translators at the moment, I daresay. The sideback is that she does not log onto B-T often, since she is from Beast-Lair, after all. So, not so good for supervising, but her contributions cannot be denied.
Beast's Lair? Now that you mention it, I haven't seen such a name much in there already. Probably offline for quite some time.
If, and only if, provided there's Chinese raws he can obtain.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Assassin wrote:Beast's Lair? Now that you mention it, I haven't seen such a name much in there already. Probably offline for quite some time.
Well, I only frequent the Fate/Zero Translation Thread. And after Baiken had been KIA-ed, and Wingzero slightly inactive, it is Brynhilde who keeps the translation active. So, there you go.
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Agreed
/me claws out throat and dies
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Senior translators are not required to supervise but are eligble for supervisor role if you volunteer for a project or other open position such as the specific alternative language supervision roles.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

For some reason, despite my recent busy life in school, causing me to not be able to do any translations or frequate the forums, my name is mentioned...

And if anyone is wondering, yes i intend to continue my work... as soon as i can cope with my school... so much to do, so little time...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

so, shadowzeroheart and Brynhilde?

Brynhilde certainly has done a lot, but so has shadowzeroheart... hard to decide.

i'll give it another week, if there isn't any other names, then it'll be up for a vote. Maybe a closed "peer" vote or should i just make it simple and keep it open? hmmm...

:)

@Onizukademongto
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Re: Translator Promotion! Vote Now!

Post by Krikit »

Has B given an opinion? I'm not good with whose what and stuff, and my vote is totally pro-shadow, but it does depend on whether B is active or not, given that
ShadowZeroHeart--he translates everything.
But supervisor just means more work >.<

If anybody can convince to vote for B instead, (which would only be by showing he/she can/will/wants to take on supervising responsibilities, not that I think there are tons O_o, then I'll vote that way)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i feel bad for saying this but i never heard of Brynhilde. been here a while and i never hear from her. don't want to be pro-shadow without knowing her. perhaps a word or two out of her?
Last edited by b0mb3r on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baka baka baka
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

b0mb3r wrote:i feel bad for saying this but i never heard of Brynhilde. been here a while and i never here from her. don't want to be pro-shadow without knowing her. perhaps a word or two out of her?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2674&sid=ccf16fc303 ... 34d#p50588

and read the following replies.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Krikit wrote:If anybody can convince to vote for B instead, (which would only be by showing he/she can/will/wants to take on supervising responsibilities, not that I think there are tons O_o, then I'll vote that way)
Supervising? Well, only for the project she's working on (F/Z), then yeah. She's already doing it. :)
b0mb3r wrote:i feel bad for saying this but i never heard of Brynhilde. been here a while and i never hear from her. don't want to be pro-shadow without knowing her. perhaps a word or two out of her?
Hmm...A true worker serves the people (readers) behind quietly, at least in B-T. Just dig within this thread and see the stuffs she's done. =D

Fate/Zero Translation Thread

Since December 2007, to date, she has done 13 parts of F/Z translation, plus editing and proofreading translations against the raws together with the other staff, especially after Smidge retired. The rest...action speaks louder than words. Go check it out =P
Subete
Project Translator

Post by Subete »

If I had to choose one, it would be Brynhilde but I vote for none : I don't like the idea to choose between members. :D
I think that ShadowZeroHeart is more useful (?) on the forum than on the wiki and that Brynhilde only works on Fate/zero (and I don't know if this project needs someone with supervisor rights). But I may be wrong.
ShadowZeroHeart

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Useful... is that a compliment?

And a small question, why the vote? only 1 may rise?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “News”