The Baka-Tsuki Blog is now open for business

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: The Baka-Tsuki Blog is now open for business

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Sorry for the long delay, a (short) new post on blog is up, together with a link to a challenge from a novel. Its about a series I wrote a review before, heres the link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4206&p=119593#p119593

Do take a look, and hope you guys enjoy it~
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

OK, I updated the blog...

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/blog/?p=469
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Short review...another review short like this coming...maybe two...

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/blog/?p=476
Kira0802

ShadowZeroHeart

Kira0802 wrote:Short review...another review short like this coming...maybe two...

The blog has been entirely forgotten if you ask me... sigh...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I say that we post light novel summaries on it too. That way, there will be more people on it.
Kira0802

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Kira0802 wrote:Short review...another review short like this coming...maybe two...

The blog has been entirely forgotten if you ask me... sigh...
Nah, I check it weekly, but I have nothing that I could give to it, so, it sort of does fade away.

I mean, you post reviews of novels that you are reading, even though the main purpose for people here is to read * translated * novels.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well if anyone here have something they wish to post on the blog, as long as it's about light novels or related to any of our projects here.
Just send me a copy of the blog post and if it's in any language besides English, please provide an English summary for me!
:roll: :lol:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

When's the next staff interview, Oni? We haven't gotten FNX's one yet.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

...Blog is so...
Kira0802

Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

Should we expand the scope of the blog to cover also anime adaptations (especially the current season ones) that have fan-translated novels here?

The advantages are that we can list the blog in the major anime blogrolls (which helps with increasing the no. of visitors), and draw traffic to our light novel section by offering links to the relevant chapters as well as comparisions with the original text.

Of course the problem is who is going to do it though... No I am not following the novels of Papakiki and DxD.
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
ShadowZeroHeart

Doraneko wrote:Should we expand the scope of the blog to cover also anime adaptations (especially the current season ones) that have fan-translated novels here?

The advantages are that we can list the blog in the major anime blogrolls (which helps with increasing the no. of visitors), and draw traffic to our light novel section by offering links to them as well as comparisions with the original text.

Of course the problem is who is going to do it though... No I am not following the novels of Papakiki and DxD.
If I recall, it was mentioned that we should not comment on animes, as other forums/blogs already does that, so we should follow novels more strictly. But the main issue is not really the content, but the number of posters/posts made. It is too lacking, which is the reason why it is dying. Furthermore, most people have not read the novels to talk about them much, so its a really bad cycle I guess.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: But the main issue is not really the content, but the number of posters/posts made. It is too lacking, which is the reason why it is dying.
Agreed.
Furthermore, most people have not read the novels to talk about them much, so its a really bad cycle I guess.
Which is why IMO it may be a good idea to instead write on stuff English-speaking fans have access to (official English localizations, B-T translations, fansubbed LN anime, etc) or familiar with (say, the latest Horizon novel - they may not know the content but they are at least familiar with the franchise). For Japanese/Chinese speakers, they can easily find light novel reviews and miscellaneous info written in their native languages. Consulting an English light novel blog is the last thing they would do. While to fans who can speak English only, reviews on novels that only have Japanese/Chinese releases are of very limted relevancy and interest.

Frankly I have no idea what the target readers of the B-T blog are given the current style and content. Maybe only hardcore fans that frequent B-T and are proficient in at least either Chinese or Japanese: a very narrow segment.

The idea of including reviews of LN anime adaptation is basically for the sake of attracting traffic and widening the target reader base. I think providing a somewhat reliable source furnished with comparisons between the original text and the adapted result is an unexplored niche with potential growth opportunities. We may even be able to encourage more anime fans to take a look at our translated novels, and gradually convert them into LN fans in general.

Of course these are all merely random suggestions from a mere outsider who has attempted to write for the blog but never has his entry accepted. At the end of the day blogging is more about personal interest and enjoyment. If you guys enjoy the current style, then let it be. At least to me the B-T blog is a neat source for discovering new stuff I haven't read before. :D
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ I like the idea of doing a comparisons of adaptation between anime and light novel. It doesn't necessarily have to be a BT project we have translated. Those who have read the novel in japanese and watch the show currently being aired & subbed can make the distinction provided for the english audience. Maybe it will attract future curious translators.

Just curious are there any Light Novels that are not moe, that doesn't take place in high school or fantasy setting? Something equivalent like Monster or seinen like. I know it sounds like I should just read books available here in america with tons of genre but sometimes I like to read something more heavy like. Point being when I read light novel I take it if it was anime in reading format so with all the niche and troupes I know.

baka baka baka
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

b0mb3r wrote:Just curious are there any Light Novels that are not moe, that doesn't take place in high school or fantasy setting? Something equivalent like Monster or seinen like.
That is too wide of a category. Maybe you can narrow it down a bit? Also do you need English localizations?

Anyway I have been recommending なれる!SE to many others and I think it has been brought up in one of the threads here some time before. It is basically about a young system engineer working his way through the harsh corporate environment in Japan while being kicked around. The premise is very realistic and reading it makes you hate working in Japan, but at least there are enough love comedy elements to make it enjoyable to read.

For Japanese LN available in English, AFAIK most stuff published under the Haikasoru label, such as Yukikaze and All You Need is Kill, are very well-written and suitable to science fiction lovers in general. There isn't any explicit moe or Japanese element so you can safely share it with your friends.
ShadowZeroHeart

Doraneko wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:Just curious are there any Light Novels that are not moe, that doesn't take place in high school or fantasy setting? Something equivalent like Monster or seinen like.
That is too wide of a category. Maybe you can narrow it down a bit? Also do you need English localizations?

Anyway I have been recommending なれる!SE to many others and I think it has been brought up in one of the threads here some time before. It is basically about a young system engineer working his way through the harsh corporate environment in Japan while being kicked around. The premise is very realistic and reading it makes you hate working in Japan, but at least there are enough love comedy elements to make it enjoyable to read.

For Japanese LN available in English, AFAIK most stuff published under the Haikasoru label, such as Yukikaze and All You Need is Kill, are very well-written and suitable to science fiction lovers in general. There isn't any explicit moe or Japanese element so you can safely share it with your friends.
That is moe style, SE that is... The female characters are all loli-looking(kinda) and some interactions are clearly unrealistic, though i still like to read it.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “News”