Update on the translations

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Re: Update on the translations

Post by Rohan123 »

cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

I'm just curious, but was there a reason why we just don't just use manga-updates to update our own list of translation statuses?

http://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=630

For some reason, they seem to keep pretty good track of what's released and what's not. Of course they occasionally make mistakes... but it's reasonably quite up to date.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I dunno, we're(I am) just lazy to update either way.
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

High School DXD is no longer up to date. Vol 16 has been released, Code Zero is in the process of translating on his blog, he will then post it to BT.
handsfeet
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by handsfeet »

I´m not sure if this is the place to ask, but what´s up with Shakugan no Shana and Mayo Chiki? :| Series like To aru majutsu no index and High School DxD-they seem to be the favorites for BT translators- are good, of course, and I even read them, but there are certain series like Shakugan no Shana, Mayo Chiki and even Ben-To (by the way, please start translating that, just the anime was awesome-I assure it´ll be very popular amongst readers) which deserve to be taken into account and are not.
To aru majutsu no index is extremely long (I like it, but the author´s overdoing it) and it´s completely translated as soon as any volume is published, so could the translators please do Shakugan no Shana, Mayo Chiki and Ben-to? Tons of BT´s visitors share my taste and these series would be big hits. PLEASE.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

It's up to the translators to choose on which series they want to work.

Readers' opinions doesn't matter a lot, an unknown series that a translator liked can be translated, while a popular one can stay untranslated.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

handsfeet wrote:I´m not sure if this is the place to ask, but what´s up with Shakugan no Shana and Mayo Chiki? :| Series like To aru majutsu no index and High School DxD-they seem to be the favorites for BT translators- are good, of course, and I even read them, but there are certain series like Shakugan no Shana, Mayo Chiki and even Ben-To (by the way, please start translating that, just the anime was awesome-I assure it´ll be very popular amongst readers) which deserve to be taken into account and are not.
To aru majutsu no index is extremely long (I like it, but the author´s overdoing it) and it´s completely translated as soon as any volume is published, so could the translators please do Shakugan no Shana, Mayo Chiki and Ben-to? Tons of BT´s visitors share my taste and these series would be big hits. PLEASE.
You may call them BT translators, but they are just people who can translate and are willing to dump their translation onto the BT Wiki. There are no management other than the ones against bots and spam.

In other words, there are no BT translators, because BT isn't a group but a platform for people to contribute. They are just translators contributing onto BT's wiki platform.

Note that reader popularity is one of the last things most translators dumping their translation here have on their mind.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

handsfeet wrote:I´m not sure if this is the place to ask, but what´s up with Shakugan no Shana and Mayo Chiki? :| Series like To aru majutsu no index and High School DxD-they seem to be the favorites for BT translators- are good, of course, and I even read them, but there are certain series like Shakugan no Shana, Mayo Chiki and even Ben-To (by the way, please start translating that, just the anime was awesome-I assure it´ll be very popular amongst readers) which deserve to be taken into account and are not.
I can only respond for Mayo Chiki! I am the main translator from the series, and I am having some problems IRL and I have to decide some stuff about the project too, but wait patiently, there should be news about the project in some weeks.

Best Regards

(BTW, I can't do things on Ping's pace) :roll:
Call me Nurin!

handsfeet
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by handsfeet »

Thanks, I´ve only read the first two chapters of Mayo Chiki! but it seems it´ll be one of my favorites, so it would be awesome to read the whole thing in time! :o
On a side note regarding the other comment, I actually didn´t know BT worked like that :shock: .
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Meh, tbh we don't really have a visible page that explains how BT actually works, so yeah...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Haganai Vol 9 Ch 1 has been TLed by inaban a while ago. Also OniAi Vol 1 Chapter 1-4 have been TLed by inaban, dunno if you take new projects into the list.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Just Add it there by urslef, you have powers to edit, don't you?
Call me Nurin!

cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Well, yeah. Will do so later, didn't want to edit posts of big guys. :D

EDIT: No idea what happened to my prior post.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

cloud wrote:I'm just curious, but was there a reason why we just don't just use manga-updates to update our own list of translation statuses?

http://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=630

For some reason, they seem to keep pretty good track of what's released and what's not. Of course they occasionally make mistakes... but it's reasonably quite up to date.

I'm too lazy to update? if there is a way to link my updating profile on mangaupdate and what everyone else twit/facebook i'll do it.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Amazing, I just updated Otaria just hours ago, and it's already there......

Return to “News”