A Special 5th Anniversary Blog Post:Please Spread the Word!

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

A Special 5th Anniversary Blog Post:Please Spread the Word!

Post by onizuka-gto »

Dear all Baka-Tsuki Staff and Community Members,

In two hours time, it will be the 11th of April.

On this day, Baka-Tsuki will be celebrating it's 5th Anniversary! Yay!

It has been a long time and i think for those of us who have been around since the beginning, i don't think any of us could of imagined we would of lasted so long.

I would like to think it was due to my fabulous care-taking, but that would be a ridiculous and outrageous lie. (so jealous!) :lol: :roll:

No the real heroes are all our volunteering Translators and Editors, without your dedication and motivation to bring these fantastic Japanese stories to the rest of the world....well I don't know. Unthinkable.

Also not to forget our great community, who brought attention to the Light Novels, who encouraged our Translators and Editors and even pitched in when they could.

We have lost many great comrades along the way, but also gain many new ones, we shall remember them and thank them for as long as Baka-Tsuki reminds.

So on the 11th of April, I like to ask you all, to please spread the word in wherever you frequent, from all those who enjoy the projects we have at Baka-Tsuki -and those who are generally interested in Light Novels- to please direct a few minutes of their time to the Baka-Tsuki Blog:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/blog/

A special post will be published in commemoration of Baka-Tsuki and i would appreciate it, if you simply make our readers of Light Novels and those who appreciate Baka-Tsuki effort in the Light Novel Community to see this post.

Some of you might know what this is about already, but please don't spoil it for others! (You only have to wait another an hours or so! :p [22:30pm Hong Kong Time] )*

Thank you and best regards,

Onizuka-GTO

P.s: Well apparently it's not 11th of April on the Blog yet! so i'll just schedule the release for that. won't be good to celebrate an anniversary only for the publishing date to different! :roll:

:]
Last edited by TheGiftedMonkey on Wed May 25, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Un-Global'ed. Wish you had told me about it before and not after Oni. :?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: A Special 5th Anniversary Blog Post:Please Spread the Wo

Post by b0mb3r »

Hey is the 11th here in Italy so Happy B-Day! While I consider myself a leech sometime I hope my being here adds some contribution, in terms of sharing my opinions and feelings of not only light novels but all things we share and love! It has been a wondrous four years chilling in this forum and talking with all different type of people in different parts of the world. While the internet is kind of one crazy bar where everyone are drunk and have strong words to express, not knowing whether is right or wrong, it is a heck of a nutty cultural diffusion! So I wish for another 5 years and then we can celebrate the 10th!

baka baka baka
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

Well it may be April 11th where the servers are right now but for me @ the time of this posting that is 4hrs away for me :P
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

saw the post on the dashboard, but can't view it :(.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

The article has been schedule to be published at 1:00am on the 11th of April. Looking at the blog, it's not up yet, so I assume the Blog Server is set to North America Eastern Time. My clock says its still 00:20.

Not long now! Just spread the word, in all other forums that likes light novels or have discussion. e.g. Animesuki, beastlair & etc.

I hope the Big Boss likes it. Proofread it so many times.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

You know what? i'm not sure what time the blog runs on! It's clearly past 1am North America Time, well that is what my computer clock says!

But it's certainly not for the blog clock.... : :?

oh, it's set for Pacific Time, (Alaska time according to my computer).

How strange! Thought it would be set to centre US/Canadian time.... oh well, well, we got another two and a half hour left!

And I've just wrote a great opening paragraph for the wiki front page.....
Sigh.
:roll:

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i woke up and see no blog post. shame on you oni!

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

b0mb3r wrote:i woke up and see no blog post. shame on you oni!

Not my fault, blame the Blog server! :lol:

I have to hang around for another hour or two,to update the wiki main page as well. :shock:

Dunno why i want the post to be dated for the 11th of April. i guess i could publish it earlier then back date it! Even though technically it's already the 11th here.....meh.

Anyway, not like i can change the blog clock, that depends on the Big Boss. :roll:

Blog clock says it's 10th of April, 10pm. Just two hours left. :p

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

It's up! :]

Please take a moment of your time to divert any traffic to it, thank you!

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Nice interview! To be a bit selfish I kind of like how we are popular but in the forum we are have a bit of a niche, keeping the circle small. Still I am a bit surprise there isn't more translation sites. Or maybe is good news for you guys since there will be less competitions.....unless the negative side is that many aren't just translating their favorite novels and sharing? Still I think many people do translate but post only in forum and not created a site for themselves. Maybe we should hunt (I mean look) for these people?

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

b0mb3r wrote:Nice interview! To be a bit selfish I kind of like how we are popular but in the forum we are have a bit of a niche, keeping the circle small. Still I am a bit surprise there isn't more translation sites. Or maybe is good news for you guys since there will be less competitions.....unless the negative side is that many aren't just translating their favorite novels and sharing? Still I think many people do translate but post only in forum and not created a site for themselves. Maybe we should hunt (I mean look) for these people?
Well you know how it is Bomb3r, we are always recruiting! People who wish to stay, stay! I'm sure since you have been here bomb3r you have lasted longer then some of the translators here. :roll:

If we manage to survive to our Decade Anniversary, I'm sure i will eventually hand over my care-taking position to someone much younger and motivated, like the wiki we have to keep evolving. nothing can stay the same forever, people included! :p

@Onizukademongto
Otaku186
Astral Realm

Post by Otaku186 »

Happy 5th Anniversary to Baka-Tsuki! :lol:

I logged in just to post this, back to lurking :lol:
Lawrence Craft
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lawrence Craft »

Happy birthday to Bakatsuki \(≥○≤)/
Sorry I'm late...
"I'm still a moron"

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Interesting interview.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I can't believe I've been here so long...

Return to “News”