[Updated April 10, 2011]Wiki upgrade

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: [Updated April 10, 2011]Wiki upgrade

Post by rpapo »

Forgot to mention that. After I've pasted into the Wiki editor I have to do two things: (1) insert paragraph breaks, and (2) double-check the spot immediately before where I pasted, as I often wind up with an extra line feed that I cannot get rid of except by joining that paragraph with the previous (backspacing) and then inserting a new paragraph break. I want only one blank line between paragraphs normally, but the current editor often leaves me with two there. The procedure I described was what I wound up having to do to fix the problem.

You may have noticed me speaking badly of the editor in the changelist notes until I figured out what was needed.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

huh? I got the complete opposite problem lol. you end up with more breaks? you must have taken mine lol.

kira, you have the same problem as me. and using notepad as an intermediary doesn't work to resolve the break eater issue.
rpapo
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by rpapo »

The only extra break I get is immediately before the text I paste in. Other than that, all double line feeds in the text are shrunk to single line feeds.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

firstly, now, I'm using a private mediawiki before transferring my work. and I think the default editor that comes with it doesn't have the issues of "leaving focus of editor after copy and paste", "stripped line breaks after copy and paste", "lag after copy and paste".

I strongly suspect the javascript is badly coded for the new editor. well, anyway, my workaround is to uncheck "show editor toolbar" in preferences. and everything works fine with no lag. :D
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:firstly, now, I'm using a private mediawiki before transferring my work. and I think the default editor that comes with it doesn't have the issues of "leaving focus of editor after copy and paste", "stripped line breaks after copy and paste", "lag after copy and paste".

I strongly suspect the javascript is badly coded for the new editor. well, anyway, my workaround is to uncheck "show editor toolbar" in preferences. and everything works fine with no lag. :D
What do you mean, 'show editor toolbar'?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

in the wiki, go to "my preferences".
go to "editing" tab
under "advanced options", there's a "Show edit toolbar (requires JavaScript)" option. Uncheck that.

Return to “News”