Inactive Projects

Updates, News on the Baka-Tsuki Project

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Inactive Projects

Post by Teh_ping »

Since there are so many threads asking for the status of some of our inactive projects, I'll be creating a topic so that they don't become too disorganized. Normally, this would go under here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4202

But it would be hard to sieve out, right?

To quote myself on Facebook:
Okay guys, with all the requests for new projects and the clarification of translation progress, here are things you can do.

1. All project suggestions are to be done here: viewforum.php?f=15, but before you post for new projects, please check the forum to see if the project was suggested, and what's the status (it's just 5 pages, folks.)
2. For translation status, please head to the main screen of the project and click the 'view history' tab at the top right hand corner of the page. There will be a list of updates. For Android app users, you folks are constantly updated according to how often you want the updates to be.

Thank you for your co-operation.
This thread is to be used for projects that were inactive for 6 months or more
almozayaf wrote:last update was in 2008 (Kino no Tabi)
As of now, most recent update was actually 4th April 2011. (My method didn't really apply as the translators just updated it by posting it in, so I can't fault you there.)

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... on=history
Charlie Toepfer wrote:Is PuiPui going to be continued?
That's hard to tell/answer, to be honest, since the translator isn't that active here now.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Inactive Projects

Post by hobogunner »

I'd also like to give a link to this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4202

It's not 100% up to date, and as Ping said, if you want 100% accuracy, simply go to the project page, and hit the "View History" button in the upper right.

Those are the two simplest ways to see whether or not your project is being worked on, as opposed to posting on Facebook and risking us blowing up.

Didn't I post it up there? ~TP

Yeah, you did, however, it makes much more sense for a short concise post as opposed to you giving examples at the bottom, etc. Maybe make different posts for those questions? Such as:

Inactive projects are defined as not being updated in 6 months. If you want to check on the status of your project:

1. Forum route
2. View History on wiki

I just think it's too clustered the way you have it. Delete this post after you read it, I leave it up to you.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Darklor wrote:Isnt this list enough?: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... e_Projects
How many people would even read it? And I think a lot of projects didn't have the 'stalled' tag applied on them.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

...Do I need to update my list on Sunday?

Anyone volunteering for tracking updates?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Kira0802 wrote:...Do I need to update my list on Sunday?

Anyone volunteering for tracking updates?
Please do.

While, I could do it, I think that whoever does it would have an easier job if the translators told them what was going on. (Which seems to not happen as the wiki / forum don't appear to have the same following.)
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I can update some on Sunday, but all the alt. translations would be too much.
Kira0802

rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Kira0802 wrote:I can update some on Sunday, but all the alt. translations would be too much.
That's why I want to edit the entire post of your list. Can do alt.languages but if I'll continue work on notepad I'll never end this.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Just post little by little, should be fine.
Kira0802

rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Ok.
Posted there some part of teasers.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Yeah, got it.
Kira0802

cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Can I suggest that the definition of a stalled project be shortened?

So that a stalled project is defined as a project that hasn't advanced in 6 months? Or 9 months?

We get better separation this way. Honestly, if a translator hasn't released in 6 months, they're not working on it. @_____@; Which for that matter means the project is inactive.

Also, you've heard that cloud's been rambling about his MySQL database, right? Well, there's an application it can be taken in that makes everyone's lives easier. XD I made a bot account today, and I tested that I can make edits to the wiki from the bot. It works! Anyways, this is what a bot could do:

CHECKING FOR INACTIVE PROJECTS
~~~Every Week (set the bot to run from cronjobs)

1). Get fetch a list of pages from the inactive category on BT with API
2). Fetch list of projects from cloud's database where there hasn't been an update >12 months (according to mangaupdates)
3). For each item on the BT category list
  • 1). If it's not present on the list from my database...
    2). Edit page and remove stalled tag
4). Go down the list from my database
  • 1). If that item doesn't exist in the inactive category
    2). Go to the item, edit the page, and add the stalled tag
fun stuff! it makes cloud excited. @______@;
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Lery too :mrgreen:
Good job there, cloud !

But... How did you do to create a bot on the wiki ? I thought only TLG had the rights needed in order to do so ? :o
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Lery wrote:But... How did you do to create a bot on the wiki ? I thought only TLG had the rights needed in order to do so ? :o
Any automated process is considered a bot. xD For example, here's DarkoNeko's bot account.

Hence, if you write a program that logs onto Baka-Tsuki with the Baka-Tsuki API, it's considered a bot. Someone (aka a Wiki Supervisor) just needs to add that bot account to the Bot Usergroup (which gives the bot more privileges like being able to fetch more pages at once, etc).

I don't think we have any rules against bots, right? Just try not to blow up the Wiki while using them, of course. XD

FYI: DarkoNeko did not like the idea of a bot running around doing these inactive updates. *shrugs*
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Okay, I see.

Well, I must confess, we aren't okay with what his bot did neither :lol: What's the point removing the "French" category, honestly ? Whatever, I find a bot to check activity could be a great thing if it's well thought.
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.

Return to “News”