Project request: Ladies VS Butlers!

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Project request: Ladies VS Butlers!

Post by lchigo93 »

I don't know if there's already a request for this as I couldn't find it, I'm sorry for double posting if there is. But I would really like to see this series translated, the anime's a cliffhanger and I would like to read the LN for further details on how things end up with Akiharu's life in Hakureiryo.

I'll help you this time for the informations- Kira.

Plot Summary:
Akiharu Hino lost his parents when he was young and was adopted into his uncle's family. He decides to enter a boarding school, Hakureiryō Academy, because he no longer wants to burden his relatives. He decides to take the exam for that school and succeeds in entering the House Management Department, where the school trains servants for high society. He wants to become a butler, but his delinquent appearance frightens the girls, who make up the majority of the students. Being unable to get along with his classmates, Akiharu meets his childhood girlfriend Tomomi Saikyō, a girl with a two-faced character who traumatized him many times when they were kids. Another girl named Selnia Iori Flameheart chases after him because of his looks and calls him suspicious. Still, Akiharu starts finding his feet at the school and his relationships with the girls also get better.
- From Wikipedia.

Japanese title: れでぃ×ばと!
English Title: Ladies versus Butlers!
Author: Tsukasa Kōzuki (上月司)
Illustrator: Munyū (むにゅう)
Licensed: No
Volumes: 12

Volume 1 Cover:

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Project request: Ladies VS Butlers!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

lchigo93 wrote:I don't know if there's already a request for this as I couldn't find it, I'm sorry for double posting if there is. But I would really like to see this series translated, the anime's a cliffhanger and I would like to read the LN for further details on how things end up with Akiharu's life in Hakureiryo.
First, please do a proper project request. That would require the title, author, synopsis etc. Unless the minimum requirements are met, it is hard for us to say anything about it. Next, even after that, it is unlikely for it to get translated as there are not many translators on B-T, this serves just as a precaution, so you will not feel that we are not treating your request as an issue, but this is due to the heavy workload of translation unlike mangas/animes, as compared to the weak feeble translators we have here.

Next, I would like to inform you that up to vol 9, Akiharu's life did not change much. Many characters got more coverage, he even had a few events with the ice queen Mikan, but the story did not really progress much beyond the anime. Most females around him is still in the grey area, while drillhead and the black-hearted childhood friend are still in the lead (Not on my list though!). He went out with his roommate Kaoru on a date once. His roommate Kaoru thinks that his/her feelings are just because Akiharu is his buddy, or very close friend, but at the end of vol 9, it was mentioned that his/her opinion will make a 180 degree change real soon. The really clumsy maid and her sister are a big bomb, creating lots of commotion, but love don't seem to be in the air, as the clumsy maid seems to mistake everything and anything.

If you want more details, you can ask me. But please edit your first post to a proper request.

P.S. don't expect me to do any translations, my studies are killing me. I can at most let you know roughly how things are.
P.S.2. The anime is not as good as the novel, a lot of things are changed for fanservice and all. And the novel has yet to end, at least to my knowledge.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Info added.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

lols, sorry guys, i forgot the info~ but thanks kira for adding it~ oh well, guess i'll have to go find chinese translations then~

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

You could read those?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
rxls
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rxls »

First of all thanks ShadowZeroHeart for the synopsis until volume 9. As far as I know this light novel ended a few months ago. Does anyone know how this series progress after volume 9? For example Akiharu pick a particular girl or we have a harem ending? Thanks in advance for any reply. :)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

rxls wrote:First of all thanks ShadowZeroHeart for the synopsis until volume 9. As far as I know this light novel ended a few months ago. Does anyone know how this series progress after volume 9? For example Akiharu pick a particular girl or we have a harem ending? Thanks in advance for any reply. :)

Finally, the last volume of Ladies VS Butlers is available in Chinese. For those who are interested, this is the ending.
Spoiler! :
Akiharu did not pick anyone. He did fairly badly during his year, despite all he has been through (Normal conduct wise, he fared real bad towards anyone out of the gang you know) and while having been able to move to the next year, he deem himself unworthy to be capable of studies and romance at the same time.

Thus, he decided to reject both girls. In a way, he is postponing his answer. Towards the end of the novel, the 3 possible candidates he can choose are:

1) Selnia~ (How can she not be in?)
2) Tomomi~ (The greatest rival +nemesis, she must not be forgotten)
3) Kaoru~ (The black horse, but don't forget, she LIVES WITH AKIHARU!)

Of course~ there are still 2 years, so who knows? Someone might catch up and get his heart instead! It is all up to your imagination! (Though personally I would love to hear more about what happens!)
Great story, while sad, I think it has one of the best possible endings at that point in time...
Spoiler! :
Tomomi and Mikan both mentioned possible situations, thus it may perhaps be best that there are no couples formed in the school, especially at such a sensitive time.

Tomomi warned Selnia that she could easily spread rumors that may affect Selnia and Akiharu's feelings. While it is nothing more than an empty threat that can be easily overcome, it can still have dire consequences.

Mikan's reasoning was much more complete. As the establishment of the new system, as well as the inclusion of male students, a couple formed now may lead to parents wondering "What would happen to my daughter if I send her in?" While the school does not intend to interfer so long as Akiharu do not lead to dire consequences such as Pregnancy or dating multiple girls at a time, it can still influence and eventually lead to abolishing the entire system.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”