Nanoha Light Novel

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Nanoha Light novel!!

Translate it, please!!
78%
Erm, okay...
11%
Hell no, don't friggin touch this at all
6%
Who/What is Nanoha?
6%

Total votes: 36

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Nanoha Light Novel

Post by HolyCow »

I don't know if anyone's interested, but I've managed to secure a copy of the light novel RAWs (in chinese). It's exactly the same as the first season, ut from what I've heard, this show has a huge following, so if anyone is interested, PM me.

In case anyone's wondering, I'm not interested in doing this (although it's pretty short, probably half the length of the GOTH novel), so if you want to see this novel translated, try to persuade some of the translators here or rope in some new ones ^^;
/me claws out throat and dies
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

It's adapted from the anime and not the other way around, right? I haven't really heard whether it's any good, but there is the large and rather rabid Nanoha fanbase to take into account I suppose, who probably won't mind too much either way... =p
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Nanoha StrikerS the 3rd series, pwns hard!

Love nanoha, its one of those series that seriously progress.

i mean name me one magical girl anime, that the loli female character grows up, gets serious breast enlargements and stops being a loli, but still kicks arse?

exactly!

:P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Sorry for the long absence.

Anyway, this light novel is basically the novellization of the anime, so there's nothing new.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Kinny Riddle wrote:Sorry for the long absence.

Anyway, this light novel is basically the novellization of the anime, so there's nothing new.
YAY! kinny is back!

:D

how you ben kinny?

and i don't care if the there is nothing new in the novel, animes can never be exactly the same, nor show all of it!

"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Shouldn't you translate the first few novels first? Or are they lisenced . . .
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by the_naming_game »

whoa ... it's Kinny. Have you been working on any secret projects? If so, please PM links, etc.

If non-secret, of course, post!

If top-secret ... PM if/when they become secret.
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

I'd prefer to see the Touhou Novels translated instead...
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

The Touhou wiki is currently translating the Touhou novels. Wait for their updates instead.
/me claws out throat and dies
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

onizuka-gto wrote:
Kinny Riddle wrote:Sorry for the long absence.

YAY! kinny is back!

:D

how you ben kinny?

and i don't care if the there is nothing new in the novel, animes can never be exactly the same, nor show all of it!

Yeah, whatever, I ain't translating that, if you're wondering. :p
If the anime is based off the novel, then of course the source material (novel) would always contain more stuff. If it's the other way round, I would consider the anime to be more canon than the novel, with just a few more sentences elaborating the situation here and there.

It's like there's of course more to read in the Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter books than in the movies, but there's nothing new in reading the novels that are based off original movie scripts like Saving Private Ryan. That's my opinion anyway.

I've been taking a break. Playing Kanon and AIR, and considering getting CLANNAD to complete my KEY trilogy, so no new projects really. I still feel robbed by Viz for licensing Shana just when I'm about to work on that title, and I hear they're doing a slow and crap job at it, which just riles me more. It feels like your rival has stolen your girl of your dreams just when you're about to confess your life, and a few months of sulking later found out he's mistreating her. (To be fair to Viz, most of what I've heard is hearsay, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. )

Maybe I'll do an underground Shana translation, who wants to join?

And I've never really gone anywhere, I'm in AnimeSuki all the time if you're wondering where I am.
shiratoriryuuko
Astral Realm

Post by shiratoriryuuko »

I will translate this novel. I am on #Nanoha as well as #Baka-Tsuki. I will need editorial assistance for sure...
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

If you are willing to translate the novels, I can take care of all the formating. All you need to do is upload the scripts.

Since Nanoha is a popular series, if people find out it's being translated, I'm sure people will help with editing.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”