Requiem from the Darkness (京極夏彦 巷説百物語)

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Felin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Requiem from the Darkness (京極夏彦 巷説百物語)

Post by Felin »

I recently finished watching overrated anime (it seems so) "Requiem from the Darkness"
which was very refreshing imo - ghosts,creatures and evil plots, a theme I like :lol:.

"Requiem from the Darkness (京極夏彦 巷説百物語, Kyogoku Natsuhiko Kosetsu Hyaku Monogatari?, lit. "Natsuhiko Kyougoku's Hundred Stories") is a series of novels by Natsuhiko Kyogoku. It was made into horror anime series, licensed in English by Geneon Entertainment, and into a series of live action TV specials directed by Yukihiko Tsutsumi.
The plot of the anime revolves around a young writer named Momosuke who wishes to write a book of 100 ghost stories and his encounters with three spiritual beings. The three beings are reoccurring characters in the show who function as a team that punishes sinners, most frequently murderers. Their names are Mataichi, a small creature wrapped in bandages who serves as leader of the group, Ogin, an attractive, voluptuous and large breasted female puppeteer, and Nagamimi, a shape shifter."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requiem_from_the_Darkness

I browsed a little and found out the show isn't complete and there are novels out there that continue the story.
I don't have high hope for these novels to be picked up cause your hands are over-the-top full with other projects and I lack translator :(
but I wanted it to be here as an option, maybe If you find someone who is interested in it...I appreciate it.

Thanks!
Making some money through links ;) click here here to know more.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”