Light Novel Project Possibilities

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Which series would you be most interested in seeing translated?

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
3%
Calling You
3%
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
17%
Inukami!
10%
Kage Kara Mamoru
13%
Kamisama Kazoku
20%
Maburaho
33%

Total votes: 30

Symphonia
Astral Realm

Light Novel Project Possibilities

Post by Symphonia »

Recently quite a few project ideas seem to have been thrown about, but I thought it might be quite handy to have a poll for translators to use for future reference so that they can see what people seem more interested in reading.

Note that I have gathered this list based on the examples provided with a synopsis on Wikipedia - there may very well be some good but less well known ones out there that people are welcome to suggest.

Incidentally, here is the Wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Light_novels

The list of novels in the poll are ones that have been suggested here already, I thought might be of interest, or are already quite popular in fandom through other media formats. Or all of the above. They're all currently unlicensed from what information I've gathered.

· Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
· Calling You
· Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
· Inukami!
· Kage Kara Mamoru
· Kamisama Kazoku
· Maburaho
· Maria-sama ga Miteru (Note that Marmite is already hosted on the wiki somewhat, but is currently devoid of translators.)
· R.O.D (Read or Die)
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: mod: removed poll options which are already approved
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Whether or not BOMF sees the light of translation is up to the Big Boss :cry:

On the positive side, it seems that another group (A trio actually) is doing BOMF. They've done the prologue and so far it's pretty good.

We have already suggested the idea of a collaboration. The rest is up to them ;P

Here's the link: http://ravyn-09.livejournal.com/32636.html

P/S: Good idea doing something like this Symph 8)
/me claws out throat and dies
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Re: Light Novel Project Possibilities

Post by Krikit »

Before I vote I have a question. Is Inukami as perverted as the anime portrayed it? Half the story-line dropped in my interest level because they had the male protagonist running around most of the time with an elephant and two ears censoring his ****. The end evil guy was a naked guy who like to streak...what the heck? I would be more interested in this if I knew that the novels develop a story more meaningful, or at least less....blue-elephanted, than the anime. Any voices out there?
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Before YOU vote I have a question... why are you replying to a topic that's over two months old? More importantly, why wasn't this poll given a timeout?

=Smidge=
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

haha...good question, I didn't really look at the time frame of it...But still, do you know if theres a section somewhere for Inukami? I tried looking in "Future Project Suggestions" with no luck on finding it, but maybe I just missed it?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Just to answer your question, No, Inukami is not as perverted as the anime, due to the fact of the visual graphics part. YES the protagonist runs around naked, but it was not described in words. His actions are... SLIGHTLY perverted, and some scenes do make it sound perverted in some ways, but that is up to your imagination... Just to remind you, this is a novel, so things are not as obscene as it is in animes/manga/movies in some ways...

P.S. Only read up to book 4 so far, finding 5~8, waiting for the rest to be published in chinese. If you are interested, feel free to make a post on the future suggestions with an Inukami title, and find some translators, i am doing KnS and dokuro for now. But if enough people are interested in it, i might do some translations for it here and there too, that is, if i do not work on SnS
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

@Shadow, lol, you're really working hard, 2 projects, and maybe a third? geez....

Okay, then I guess my next question, if it's okay, is, does the novel and the anime stick relatively close together? As in, does the end of the anime end where the novels end, or is there still material in the novels for the main story that continues where the anime ended?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

I am not that hard working, i am only doing a part of Dokuro and KnS per week, it is relatively light, that is one reason why the translations are slow... but i am the only one working on these two projects for now, so i take my time at it... I guess i can have another part per week, but that is my most i guess? and i doubt it will last once my school starts officially...

The novel and anime are very similar up till where i have read (book4) though there are differences. Included in the novel are some short comics for kicks too. As to whether they have the same ending, i am afraid i cannot answer this question, since i have not read the whole series, thus i have no idea what the ending of the novel is... Anyway, i suggest you open an inukami thread to get more replies, i only have the little information from what i read, and this is not the best topic to talk about these issues ^^"
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

ravyn has stopped translating Full Metal Panic BOMF... sadly

im just praying that it gets picked up by someone soon or else i might end up learning Japanese just to finish it
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

is there any possibility of the Full Metal Panic light novels getting picked up?

and if there isnt, would the fact that i am willing to do sexual favors for them to get translated change anyone's mind?
AnimeJanai
Astral Realm

Post by AnimeJanai »

Another source of light novel possibilities is the TOP TEN light novel listing guidebook Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! which
is an annual light novel guide book published by Takarajimasha. The guide book publishes a list of the top ten most popular light novels and their characters according to readers polled on the Internet. An introduction to each of the works comes with each listing, along with an interview of the light novel's author or authors for first place. Many of the light novels that have been listed in this guide book were later adapted into anime series. Most of the light novels listed contain a series of volumes, but some single-volume light novels also get listed. The first release of the guide book was on November 26, 2004 and was the 2005 listing. The latest release was the fourth volume on November 21, 2007 and was the 2008 listing.
The wikipedia entry for Kono_Light_Novel_ga_Sugoi! has lists of the Top 10 light novels for each year.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”