SHI-NO(-シノ-)

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Tomacatawata
Astral Realm

SHI-NO(-シノ-)

Post by Tomacatawata »

Hasekura Shino (支倉志乃) is a childhood friend of our protagonist (sorry, his name is not mentioned on the Fujimi website), who is a college freshman. Shino, on the other hand,is...a fifth grader. Other than the fact that she hates green peas, Shino basically is a nice and quiet girl who stays away from trouble. Unfortunately however, she is unusually interested in hunting mysteries, without the least regards to her own safety. Therefore, he is compelled to accompany Shino on her quest to discover answers to seemingly unexplainable human events. This is the detective mystery+"pure love" story of a college student and a fifth grader. (Source: Anime Yokoso)

Not much is known about the author,except that he/she is the winner of 2007 Light Novel Award in the Mystery Category..while regarding the illustrator,here's what Anime Yokoso got to say.
The illustrations for SHI-NO by Toujyou Sakana (東条さかな) are amazing eye-candies. His/her drawing of Shino is an immediate hit with me. I wonder if Fujimi Shobo has channeled their best art talents into their Fujimi Mystery Bunko publications because GOSICK also has absolutely gorgeous illustrations, and the same is true for almost every Mystery Bunko light novel. Maybe breathtaking cover art has become quintessential for marketing mystery novels because the majority of light novel readers usually cringe from mystery novels as reading them demands both patience and brainpower.

How about it? It's currently on volume 7.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: SHI-NO(-シノ-)

Post by Assassin »

If we have translators to spare, then maybe it can be done.

Right now I guess everyone's kinda busy.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: SHI-NO(-シノ-)

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Heard of it, but have yet to find it good enough for me to willingly dump my money in to find out how good it is, and as Assassin mentioned, I am busy >"< damn school life!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”