One-shot novel: Twilight Moon Rabbit.

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

I'm a smouldering pile of waste right now, is the correct term, i'm trying to plow through one too many novels. Here's a list of what I picked up.

Gosick 1
Shakugan 7-8 (nine is out, but retards at the fair didn't stock it)
Disgaea 1-2 (yea, there's a novel, despite i played the game i still wanted to see it)
My house has a vixen lord 1-3 (the official name is god damn knows what, but that's the rough translation from the chinese name)
Polyphonica 2 (three is out, yet again, retards at the fair didn't stock it)
Hantsuki 1 (it's up to vol 4, but i'm buying one to test the waters)
Magician Academy 3
My World Guardian 2 (Novel from Haruhi's author, rough translation from the chinese title)
Dengeki Five ?? 2 (Novel from Haruhi's author, rough translation from the chinese title)

TNG: Regarding your question, I'd drop Polyphonica anyday to read magician academy instead. tho it really depends on the person. There's just too much jargon inside the Polyphonica novel for me to enjoy it. Or maybe it's only vol 1 that has all the jargon stuffed inside. Perhaps vol 2 has less, who knows? i haven't gone round to read vol 2. I might be unrivaled when i read english novels. (My speed is about 100 pages an hour) I suck nuts for reading chinese, probably about a good 20-40 pages n hour.

Victory! On the first day I got harry potter 4th novel, it took me a good 3-4 hours to burn through it. Yet, it took me 8 hours to finish haruhi vol 8. Is something so wrong...

Oohh, here were some of the expected novels i wanted to buy, and i intend to buy at the comic festival (coming up shortly)

Some new novel one shot from AIR (Key) author
Polyphonica 3 (? depends if vol 2 is good)
Shakugan 9

Completed Novels from da holy bookfair

My house has a vixen lord vol 1
Gosick (1/4 through, boring like hell, i swear i wont buy the rest of this junk.)

A rough blurb for the two novels i've read.

MHHAVL: A seventeen and twelve year old boys are visiting their grandma's (maiden side) house due to some emergency reasons, only to find out that their blood carries the element water and is attracting element wood to kill them. In this story, the five traditional natural chinese elements, gold(metal), wood, water, fire, earth. As the last living decendents besides the grandma on the maiden side family, the grandma has resorted to desperate measures to keep the boys alive, releasing the vixen guardian which was sealed for more than three hundred years...

Gosick: (Yes Gosick, not GOTHIC, it's not a typo) In a prestigious school, originally reserved for only the royalty and nobels. After the recent WWII, the new headmaster of the school has changed the regulations and allow recent admittance of protigies (may have spelling error, i'm trying to say geniuses) ignoring family background. Focusing on the recent transfer student from the east (Japan) and the story revolves mainly around this boy and the golden haired princess from the west (England), watching her solve mysterious cases that go around as they travel. (They apparently travel later on, but why would they travel when they start off in school? weird mystery)

That sums it up nicely, and so far i've read, it's like reading some girl doing detective work, and watching this guy suffering from this girl, slightly. Feels a bit like haruhi in a bit of a more old fashioned way, since the boy cannot give up his customary ways from Japan and is your typical japanese boy. You know ancient japan, where women is inferior. yet this girl is in reverse, seems to be treating the guy like... er.. mm.. not inferior but like unnecessary. You can see him struggle internally that he doesn't relaly like being treated that way by the girl...

Whoops too long a rant, i'll cut it off here.
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

In that case I'll look into "Magician's Academy" when I get a chance. If I ever got to 20 pages an hour for Japanese, I'd be happy ... for a month. But it's definitely something to shoot for.

About "My House has a Vixen Lord"; Coincidentally, we have a topic on "我が家のお稲荷さま" here, so you can try posting there if you want to talk about it. (it's definitely the same book going by what you summarized.) kwok's read to at least volume 5 by what he says in his review.

"Gosick" sounds okay in terms of character interactions, but in terms of solving mystery after mystery, I would tend to think that would get boring after awhile. (I'm not sure if that was why you found it boring though.)

Mind doing a review of the two novels by the Haruhi author? For obvious reasons, those are the most interesting to me... (The Japanese titles are: "ボクのセカイをまもるヒト" and "電撃!!イージス5")
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
Zalthers
Astral Realm

Post by Zalthers »

我が家のお稲荷さま <= yea that's the book I'm talking about, I wasn't trying to catch people to help me do it or anything, I was just jamming up a huge summary and coincidentally touched a project on another thread. It doesn't matter, since I'm not going round to catch translators for it or starting the project neither. The blurb I pasted is the first and the last advertisement for this novel, so you don't need to worry about me posting in the wrong place.

ボクのセカイをまもるヒト <= I'll give a condensed version, the details are very fuzzy actually. The world is collapsing, there are multiple worlds (i can't remember, but there should be seven of them) since volume 1 only introduces four out of some of the worlds, the rest only appear in volume 2 which I haven't gone round to read. Out of all the worlds, there is a world which is called Normal (duh) and for some reason, they believe the savior to keep all the worlds from collapsing into one is there. (if i remember correctly, seven worlds has collasped into four, they're repeating the process until they turn into one, but imagine stuffing seven world's of population into one world!) The are several reasons why they think the savior is in the normal world although i can't remember all of them, one of them is mainly because, despite the other seven worlds being collapsed, the normal world is not affected so far. (I would imagine that it's probably parallel dimensional worlds, and the dimensional barriers are breaking apart). So one day, this kid goes home as normal, and finds before he is capable of entering his own house, some tiny girl at about 10-12 jumps on him, giving a load of junk about what he wanted to "configure" her as "sister, lover, childhood friend, etc... get the idea most of the configurations are default from a SLG" after a hell lot of bull, he manages to go home, but the little girl doesn't seem to leave him alone. Alas he is half losing his brain when he does arrive home yelling trying to catch some attention from his (older) sister to help him deal with this unexpected lolita girl to find that his sister is nowhere insight and another new girl awaits him....

Er so what was I saying? Oh yea, so basically the story is about the possibility of a savior in the "normal" world, and it happens to be this kid (about 16 yo), so different representitives of other worlds, come to either forcefully take him to save the worlds, or protect him until he matures enough to be a full savior.

電撃!!イージス5 <= Right, Dengeki sumthin sumthin. Condensed version is, this guy which attends university is to live in his grandpa's house because his year living in the uni dorms is over(?). When he tries to go home, instead of finding his grandpa, after being blocked by the house itself with all kind of weird gadgets (his grandpa is an inventor/professor) he manages to go in, only to find a young girl of about 11 in his house (more specifically his grandpa's house). Unfortuantely this girl is extremely shy to strangers and makes a great deal about the opposite sex (guess who). This attracts all the occupants in the rest of the house and thinking that the guy is a robber/assaulter and attempts to kick him out before the automated AI system built in the house declares him as the grandson of the professor and is not someone suspicious. Later the grandson finds out that three months ago, due to some failure in his experiment, his grandpa has made a dimensional warp hole when his experiment blew up, allowing foreign aliens to attack Earth. To recover from this huge blunder, his grandpa has gone to great lengths to find a countermeasure against this, finding that during the explosion of his experiement, five great balls of light has flew away from the house and that these balls seem to be able to attack directly these aliens. By the time he managed to track this down, the balls of light has manifested into forms of everyday objects. And for some reason, the ability to attack aliens seem to be restricted to the current owners of such objects and alas, it was five different girls. After alot of underhanded transactions he persuades the five girls to cooperate to help (nono, nothing sexual, it's just like, boosting their grades in school, etc etc, help tutoring them [he is a professor you know, and a renowned one for some reason]). So yes, for the reason to attack the aliens, he has assembled these girls to temperarily live in his house. Moving on, that was three months ago that the explosion happened. He was constructing a larger weapon to attempt to reseal the open hole instead, during the construction to near completion, ONE month ago, the experiment blew up, this time, he has entirely vanished. But before he vanished he did arrange to tell his grandson to come here to live, incase anything happened to him (heh, don't curse yourself, look at what you did in the end!). After a lot of hell to live with these girls. The guy settles down and basically works to help these girls fight the aliens and hopes that his grandpa isn't really toast and is somewhere helping to work out to end matters. So when they aren't battling, the guy is nearly the girls' household slave. And he normally instructs them during alien battles, for some reason he has a better eye in how they should battle.

About Gosick, I'd suspect it's something like Conan or something, cept it's a girl this time with a guy sidekick. Unfortunately I'm a comedy sort of guy, if no one has noticed. It totally FAILS to amuse me. Have fun.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: One-shot novel: Twilight Moon Rabbit.

Post by Darklor »

I dont know what the problem was, but I think that what did remain is up to be a teaser project -> So ready for Teaser creating.

Also a project gets (normaly) only the aproval if it has a first finished chapter (or a second if the first is really short). As I think that wasnt the reason so is nothing to complain about that it was considered a teaser. And nothing is wrong with teasers, since they are great to show the diversity of light novels, also to create interest in them and they are often also a great starting point for becoming a full project - also I think ones cant have enough teasers (or full projects if we can get those, too) ;)

So done - additional parts would be welcome... ;)

And we will see if it get some readers (but its hard for a teaser project ;))...

(edited several times)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”