Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you want to see this translated?

Yes
100%
I might want to translate this
No votes
Not Really (Please give a reason)
No votes
No (Please Give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 3

Clousephinat
Astral Realm

Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed

Post by Clousephinat »

Title: Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed

Author: Ryo Amamiya

Publisher: Dengeki Bunko

Language: Japanese

Volumes: 4 Volumes

Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Thriller, Slice of Life, Psychological, Supernatural

Synopsis:
When someone dies, what should their final words be? Words that couldn't be said while still alive - of love, hate, hope, regret or perhaps words without any importance. These words are sent through letters called "shigofumi" from the recently deceased to the living. Mikawa Fumika is a mail carrier of these shigofumi, delivering them alongside staff and her partner Kanaka. However, there must be something more behind Fumika's silent exterior; shigofumi mail carriers are deceased humans with the same appearance they had just before death. Despite this, Fumika is still aging...
It's seems for what I read that the light novels take place before the events of the anime, and without able to comment the original work, I really recommend watching the anime series, only seeing the first episode and is enough already to love it and wish to see more. I wouldn't tell any spoiler for the safety of everyone, all I can say is that I'm really curious to read the lght novel and I would be really appreciate if someone can do it. I don't mind if the petition takes much time to be completed or even if it's not done perfectly, I just want to be able to understand what I'm reading and that's really all.

Thanks for your attention.
15Rinrin-chan-sensei
Astral Realm

Re: Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed

Post by 15Rinrin-chan-sensei »

Hello!! I'm still learning japonese but if you want I could try translating this light novel. ******* I'd start translating them right away.
I apologise for my bad English and thanks you for taking the time to read this.
Last edited by WakuKun on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't ask for raws since it is against the rules.
megatyler30
Astral Realm

Post by megatyler30 »

Since there is not even a teaser, I assume nothing has happened with this. I would be up for editing this.
Clousephinat
Astral Realm

Post by Clousephinat »

Hi, I'm resurrecting this just to say that -- I decided to just buy the novel itself once I got enough money for it and today I just got the book! -- I appreciate the people that showed interest in this project in the thread and if this works well I'll be sure to buy the remaining books as well, also if by some chance I'm unable to answer in the forum please don't hesitate to send me an email to [email protected], thanks for your attention and have a good day.
Last edited by Lunar Vitae on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please to do not offer to provide RAWs

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”