Amagi Brilliant Park

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you want to see this series translated?

Yes
97%
Yes (I'll do it)
1%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
0%
No( Please give a reason)
1%

Total votes: 285

Johnny Topside
Astral Realm

Amagi Brilliant Park

Post by Johnny Topside »

Might I propose the translation of Amagi Brilliant Park? I have no knowledge as to whether it is licensed or not so please forgive me if this has been asked before. But I would very much like to read the LN seeing as how an anime adaptation is close by.

Thank you to anyone who considers this and feels the same. :^)
Last edited by hayashi_s on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: conforming to guidelines for new project petitions
Lucks13
Astral Realm

Re: Amagi Brilliant Park

Post by Lucks13 »

I'd like to see it translated as well. Have just seen the anime's firt episode and it was awesome.

If anyone is willing to do it, please do so. I'd be extremely grateful.
Spyro
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Spyro »

The anime most certainly caught my interest. So we'll have to see.
GamingGuy1802
Astral Realm

Hell yeah!

Post by GamingGuy1802 »

I will love to see that!

Synopsis: Seiya Kanie is a good looking, perfectionist boy who is forced by the mysterious Isuzu Sento to visit an amusement park named Amagi Brilliant Park, which is in serious difficulties and about to be closed forever. To save the park from closing, Seiya is hired by the owner, Latifah Fullanza, to use his skills in entertainment to become its new manager, but to do so, they have only three months to attract 250,000 visitors, a feat that seems impossible given the park's current condition.

Publication information: Fujimi Fantasia Bunko

Provide images of the volume covers:

And the spin off Maple Summoner as well:

As of October 18, 2014 after episode 4 of the anime adaptation release, there are currently have 5 volumes in the light novel series.
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

If someone makes the project page, you have my permission to upload the prologue I translated as a teaser:

http://kumori-rain.tumblr.com/post/9971 ... n-volume-1
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Kashim
Astral Realm

Post by Kashim »

I would definitely like to read this. Especially since its following directly after Full metal panics end. I guess the author couldn't sit still for long. :mrgreen:
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

I'm against it. Anime is just another typical for KAni moeshit (but with heavy fanservice) parasiting on FMP popularity.
ProGamer
Astral Realm

Post by ProGamer »

this novel has a genre that differs from any novel (based on my exp on reading and watching a lot of manga, light novel and anime). It has its own backbone unlike those light novel that use same back story and even the characters. So i think it will be a nice opportunity to read a whole new genre of this novel. :D

Hope to see this light novel be translated.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Sacredus wrote:I'm against it. Anime is just another typical for KAni moeshit (but with heavy fanservice) parasiting on FMP popularity.
I think you haven't been watching since episode 3...and even that was tame compared to the original LN's fanservice, albeit with more girls instead. (Which already is on Fumoffu's levels, though still not on Nourin's levels)

Unfortunately, the series is more of an episodic nature. Ever since volume 1, the story has yet to be driven forward. It provides amusement, but not plot progression, so it does feel somewhat lacking in that aspect. The author did promise for more progression starting from volume 6 though, so we shall see.
Pridam
Astral Realm

Post by Pridam »

I'd be happy if someone could translate Amagi Brilliant Park. I've been interested in it even before the anime was released
kizrock94
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

202 yeses? Holy crap this needs to be translated, like pronto
Hello................Bye
daoquangduc
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by daoquangduc »

Yeah, I really would love to see this Light novel translated ... I have been really excited since the time I read the news that a project of Shouji Gatou was on line, for an anime production ... I loved Full metal Panic! the most before, and now, with this new series, I even have more hope than ever :D The anime is very good to see, with the development of the characters is quite nice, isn't it? Moreover, we see some "Moffle" again now, bringing back memory from FMP! one time :) (cute so much, with a bit ironic)
And the couple Kanie Seiya and Sento Isuzu is perfect ^^ Lovely couple! (compared to Sagara Sousuke and Kaname Chidori that time ^^)
If Baka-tsuki decides to take this one, then I will always be ready to support you guys until the end :D
By the way, thank you very much!
edmond321
Astral Realm

Post by edmond321 »

Support x1000!
AcOo
Mikuru's Master

Post by AcOo »

The anime adaptation was the best thing to watch in this season imo, so I give my +1 for the translation of this LN.
Hopefully a kind soul will pick it up someday :) .
japzone
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by japzone »

I've read the part of the manga that's been translated and I like it even more than the anime adaptation. Sure Amagi has FMP references and cameos in it, but it's no more prevalent than I've seen other authors do with their work. Anything else that seems similar to FMP is just because of the author's style(FMP and Amagi being written by the same guy). I actually think the author is shining more in Amagi than in FMP, because the Slice-of-Life Themepark Comedy/Drama of Amagi fits him better than the Mech/Sci-Fi Action Comedy of FMP. Basically, the author learned from his mistakes in FMP and made a stage that fits his style more, and that became Amagi Brilliant Park. I always loved the comedy in FMP, but the Action always felt kind of clunky, and removing the action focus(like they did in Fumoffu) improved his stories a lot. Having Kyoto Animation animate Amagi was also a fitting match because they did Fumoffu together, and seeing how well that turned out he probably gained a lot of trust in them.

So all in all, is Amagi Brilliant Park revolutionary? No. Is it a masterpiece? No. But is it really good? I'd say Yes. The author felt his way around with FMP, and finally found his groove in Amagi. Plenty of tropes are used, but he balances them well and I haven't found much that drags down the story.

So if anybody is interested in translating, I kindly ask you to please do so. Many thanks to you if you do.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”