Minarai Shinkan Level 1 (見習い神官レベル)

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes
98%
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 48

TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Minarai Shinkan Level 1 (見習い神官レベル)

Post by TheCatWalk »

(THIS HAS YET TO BE COMPETED! WILL BE UPDATED SO STAY TUNED!!!..nya~)

Minarai Shinkan Level 1
Authors:Sasahara Shio
Art:Senmu

Spoiler! :
cl--> Image
Summary
Joshua Break is a failure Student in the temple for training priest/monks, the <Tower of Seikon> . Because he doesn’t have any aptitude as one, not being able to even summon a <Masou> that enables one to utilize Divine Magic. But he has a secret. He was once an assassin of the <Red gem brigade>, and has a marital contract with a single digit ranked <Dai Masou> Thunderbird, Suuriin. If this comes to light, it’s capital punishment! But even so, Joshua aims to be a first class priest while hiding all that and making sure his wife doesn’t go on a rampage!

Characters:

Characters introduction with images (just click it ) :

Joshua Break
Spoiler! :

At first, he might look like a natural good person with a kind personality, but he was once a member of <Red Gem Brigrade>, an assassination group that once shook the entire continent with terror. He had a nickname, <The Freezing Scarlet>. He has a contract of Marriage with the thunderbird, Suuriin. If he’s relation with a single digit masou like Suuriin is found out, it’s capital punishment for him. But even so, he aims to be a first class priest while keeping his bond with Suuriin. Though, for some reason, he isn’t even able to form a contract with the lowest of masous. The only thing he excels in is music, and he’s great at that. Because it was the font he used when he was an assassin.

<Raiou> Suuriin (A Thunder bird, a type of Chinese Mythical female Phoenix)
Spoiler! :
Main Heroine

A great thunderbird masou with the court rank of 4. If she was to be summoned forcefully, it would take hundreds or thousands of humans’ lives as sacrifice. But having a playful personality, she disguised herself as a small bird and was playing around in the human world, till one day she was bought by a seven year old boy called Joshua Break as a pet in the marketplace. One time, when Joshua was almost killed in an incident, she formed a contract of marriage with Joshua in order to save him. It takes a lot of life energy for her to be materialized in the human world, so she usually resides in Joshua’s pendant.
Rakishu Mahed
Spoiler! :

She’s a student in the <Tower of Seikon>. A girl who just became 10. Even though she is so young, she was sent to the tower in order to learn more about masou and to train to be a priest. Her parents are also priests that run a small temple in a village somewhere. Be it for better or worse, she calls Joshua ‘Ossan’ and helps him study but…being the ten year old brat she is, she also gets him involved in all her mischiefs. Her contracted spirit is a while cat called ‘Katan’ with a court rank of 78.
Natatu of the <Bouen>
Spoiler! :

She is part of the Fire Sheep tribe. A tribe of blazing sheeps that cross the great desert in huge flocks that looks like a gigantic red flaming river or disaster for afar. Court rank 44, a fire fairy. Both her parents used to work for Priest’s, or maybe she was too interested in humans. In anycase, she I very very young (probably 3-4 in human years), has a nonchalant personality and is a young lass (?) with no sense of fear what so ever. Joshua's second spirit.
Gileado Mireba
Spoiler! :

Even though he is still a kid, he’s taller that Joshua. Like’s to remain silent most of the time. He came from afar to the tower in order to study about masou and become a priest. Has amazing concentration power, and when he starts thinking, he losses track of what’s happening around him. His contracted spirit is a talking facon, Avei with a court rank of 81.
Teiel
Spoiler! :

She is the daughter of the head priest of the Canan great temple. Even though she’s just 13-14 years old, she has amazing authority over masou since she’s been studying it from childhood. Has a very stubbornpersonality. She says what she wants, does what she wants… in other words, the Princess type. Her contracted spirit is a court rank 32 water fairy, Rimari.
Seim
Spoiler! :

He is also from the Canan great temple. He came to the tower with Teiel as her attendant. He’s also a student there. At first glance, he looks like a quite boy who always follows around Teiel. But if something ever happens to her, he becomes hysteric. No matter what happens, for him, Teiel is the most important. His contracted spirit is a court rank 70 earth fairy, Noam/Gnome.
Afeikh Yuhas
Spoiler! :

He is the top ranking student of the <Tower of Seikon>. Said to be a genius that appeared once in a hundred year. And on top of that genius, he was a very peculiar personality. He is very self-righteous (for the most part, he IS right). If they talk back to him or try to prove him wrong, they will be counter-attacked and defeated instantly by very aggressive and flawless logical arguments. So he got the nickname <The Silencer Tyrant> since he can silence anyone with his arguments. He has two contracted spirits, the beast (goat) spirit Ibak with a court rank of 28, the wind spirit Fuenna (kemonomimi kitsuna-tan) with a court rank 21. He can control both of them at once.
Eremia Bethel
Spoiler! :

He works at the tower cafeteria as a cook. Has a nice face and a ladykiller attitude. Actually, he is the most popular guy is the tower. He won the heart of Maruta (Joshua’s homeroom teacher) and many other girls. But in truth, he is a spy working for some governor (not gonna tell, that’d be a huuuge spoiler) somewhere and keeps an eye on Joshua. He was ordered to help out Joshua as much as possible since that governor was also Joshua’s guardian. Even though he has an irritating personality and is a playboy, he comes from a line of military nobles and is a master of swords.
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
sirgoodguy
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Bungaku Shoujo
Spice and Wolf
Suzumiya Haruhi
Toaru Majutsu no Index
All gone. T_T
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life

Re: Minarai Shinkan Level 1 (見習い神官レベル)

Post by sirgoodguy »

~Nyaa!~ O.o ... Another "Failure Student" You seem to like failure students as much are "Main Girls" these days... ~Nyaa!~

PS: Ummm the internet is trying to say something... I voted yos... it comes up as no... Umm... Ok... Now to give a reason... Ummm... Can't think of anything... #Nyaa ? :P
Currently the personal editor to the cat.
~sirgoodguy the Freelance Editor, Typeset, Timer, Translator... Etc... Also a Chef and Computer Nerd... oh and part time artist.~
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

sirgoodguy wrote:~Nyaa!~ O.o ... Another "Failure Student" You seem to like failure students as much are "Main Girls" these days... ~Nyaa!~

PS: Ummm the internet is trying to say something... I voted yos... it comes up as no... Umm... Ok... Now to give a reason... Ummm... Can't think of anything... #Nyaa ? :P
why you little.....
there..
now change it.
phantom lurker
Astral Realm

Post by phantom lurker »

Well, it looks interesting and suuriin reminds me of dyshana appearance wise so it got muy vote...
Not that it matters... anyway you have muy support. Moral support
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

lolis and fire sheep? sounds interesting
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

i'll be tl'ing this from..idk....next month maybe. well in any case no one touch volume one. i called dibs. (will make a teaser page and reg myself as tl'er but the updates will come from next month. after rakudai v2 is done) nyaa~
kuroryuu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kuroryuu »

TheCatWalk wrote:i'll be tl'ing this from..idk....next month maybe. well in any case no one touch volume one. i called dibs. (will make a teaser page and reg myself as tl'er but the updates will come from next month. after rakudai v2 is done) nyaa~
i will thank you first for doing both rakudai and minarai,i am currently bookmark this two so i am very happy if this 2 be translated :D :D :D
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

CAN SOMEONE POST LINK TO SOME RESOURCES WHERE I CAN LEARN THE PROPER USE OF 'thou'thee'thy'doth'dost' AND WHATNOT SHAKESPEARE SHIT!!! THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!! I DUNNO WHERE TO START DAMNIT....well....the main heroine uses a veeeeeeery ancient and 3rd person dialect which pisses me off.. more complex than atena talk..so yea...well..idk if i will start this though..meh..damnit
ACertainHumanBeing
Astral Realm

Post by ACertainHumanBeing »

Perhaps this will help a bit?
BakaGrappler
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BakaGrappler »

Did someone ask for help with Old English Pronouns?

http://bit.ly/1uyiCYX

That should help.
kevinL
Astral Realm

Post by kevinL »

I would love to see this novel translated. :)

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”