Steins;Gate Novel Epigraph Trilogy.

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

"Yes"
100%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
No votes
"No (Please give a reason)"
No votes

Total votes: 6

Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Steins;Gate Novel Epigraph Trilogy.

Post by Haiyami »

So I know everyone is hyped about the new Steins;Gate game that's coming out, Steins;Gate 0, but I would really like to see the Epigraph Trilogy novels to be translated which are: Epigraph of the Closed Curve, Pandora of Eternal Return, and Altair at the Apoapsis of Infinity. There is a manga going on the the manga is on hiatus and I haven't seen any updates in Japanese. So what's the next source? The novels which are completed and done and have more information which I was told that only certain information will be in the novels!

Would anyone else like to see these novels translated? I sure as heck would! I know for sure there is no English license for them because I've searched as hard as I can to find an English license and it does not exist.

Here are the covers of the novels, I think. Listed from Epigraph first to Altair being the last. They will listed from top to bottom.

Image 閉時曲線のエピグラフ - Heijikyokusen no Epigraph

Image 永劫回帰のパンドラ - Eigoukaiki no Pandora

Image STEINS;GATE 無限遠点のアルタイル Mugen Enten no Arutaeru
Kuro Hoshikuzu
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Steins;Gate Novel Epigraph Trilogy.

Post by Kuro Hoshikuzu »

Sheesh, why has nobody replied yet? Steins;Gate is an awesome franchise, with even the VN to have an english release, so it's sad to see, no one is interested in the Light Novels.
I'm German. I'm nix good English ... sonuvabitch ...
mercenariez
Astral Realm

Post by mercenariez »

I am very very interested in a translation of the epigraph trilogy light novels. The anime isn't going to be out anytime soon (sg0 I mean) and the manga is on hiatus. I am sure the Reddit steins gate community would appreciate this as well. If there's anyone out there who can do this please reply!!!
Rugazza
Astral Realm

Post by Rugazza »

I have never done any translation work before, but I would like to test my Japanese skills on this one. If anyone can provide the raws, please do so and I'll try my best translating it! I'll also try to keep localisation as minimum as possible (but with explanatory notes if I can) to keep it as close to what the author has intended.
Rugazza
Astral Realm

Post by Rugazza »

Ugh... I downloaded the raws but they're in PNG format and I can't read kanji that well. Due to circumstances, I can't run programs to hook the kanji in the text. Would someone be able to post a google doc file of the hooked text? Thanks! ^u^
(I've only learnt Japanese for a year >~< forgive me)

PS: I'll try and save up for my own laptop so I don't have these crappy limitations...
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Just a quick note, it is against forum rules to post links to raw versions of novel (or any language for which an official version exists), as well as request those versions. Hopefully it will work out for you.
ScarletGold
Astral Realm

Post by ScarletGold »

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing this novel be translated. This type of novel is one of my favorites.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”