Sosh!te Shukusei no Tobira wo

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Sosh!te Shukusei no Tobira wo

Post by HolyCow »

そして粛清の扉を
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%9B% ... 7%E8%B3%9E

Having read that it won the 1st annual Horror-Suspense Award, I bought the book yesterday when I came across it. So far, I've only read 2 chapters (the book's not with me now, even though I'm dying to read it :( ), and it seems like the kind of psychological-horror novel GOTH would be, though not as gory (yet?) Having finished reading GOTH (will seriously start translating GRAVE soon, I promise :P ), I must say that excluding GRAVE (pure Psycho!!), VOICE was the most interesting chapter for me, simply due to the vast amount of psychology in it. I have a feeling that Sosh!te Shukusei no Tobira wo (shortened SSnT) will be able to do the same.......

So, anyone interested in this? *coughcoughThe_naming_gamecoughcough* I'll type out a summary next week when I read more of it (Need to get the book back from Reppu first!! :D)
/me claws out throat and dies
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by the_naming_game »

Well, I will leave the story summary to HolyCow, but one review noted that comparisons with "Battle Royale" were almost inevitable... however, I haven't read either, so I can't comment. The parallels with GOTH seem apt, GOTH without anything like a Morino or Boku though ... but I'll let HolyCow confirm or deny that. Perhaps a chapter translation would allow a better judgment of the novel? :D

sources:
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/miurat/shukusei.htm
http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~abcdefg/kurotake.html
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

sure sounds interesting, why not? If you translate it, I'll read. Summary would be nice.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I haven't had the time to read further yet (book's still not with me >.<) but from what I've read, the first 2 chapters are pretty slow moving, nothing gory for the moment. Chapter 1, however, seems very much like a suicide note to me, so I'm crossing my fingers that something happens in the 2nd chapter... Something psycho, hopefully :P
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Is this in a series? Or is it just stand alone.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Stand alone single story, approx 300 pages.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”