Novel Teaser initiative

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Novel Teaser initiative

Post by cautr »

Why not close the teaser section in the forum overall and flag series that have been teased with "Series (Teaser incl.)" on the Future Project Suggestion board? Less bureaucracy.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

The polls are different
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

cautr wrote:Why not close the teaser section in the forum overall and flag series that have been teased with "Series (Teaser incl.)" on the Future Project Suggestion board? Less bureaucracy.
I like it better than the current situation, and I think it's an option. But I like the idea of having a teaser subforum to correspond to the series that are in the teaser section on the wiki. That way, if it's on the wiki it's either in the Teasers or Auxillary Brigade subforums (or it's own subforum), and if it's not on the wiki it's in Future Project Suggestions. Though as long as a solution gets rid of the two threads for one series issue, I'm probably content.

I never thought polls had that much value, but then I'm not a translator, so I lack the perspective of the those who might benefit most from them.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

The thread in the FPS would aim to lure in translation efforts. While teaser is just to check for reader feedback I guess.

Maybe it's just the process. Not a recognized project = a thread in FPS. Someone did a teaser = a thread in the teaser section.

The idea was never for the teaser to be part of the step for a project to be recognized and the thread gets moved to Aux Brid.
Teaser was intended to be something parallel to that process. It was also a shortcut people used for people to find the novel easier but I think it's better if we stopped that.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”