Novel Teaser initiative

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
harunako
Astral Realm

Novel Teaser initiative

Post by harunako »

Okie, here is the teaser thread.

I'll kick start the teaser wheel, by doing teasers for the novels named in the Future Translation thread I'm interested in.

1. Escape from School
2. Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
3. GOTH

Probably more when I have the time :roll:

The question is: where shall I put the teasers? My opinion is that the forum is more suitable than the wiki, coz the forum will be more friendly for reader / translator input.

My suggestion is to build a forum under Baka-Tsuki Project just for teaser threads. The teasers will consist of two parts: an objective discussion of the title (probably from Japan wiki), and translation of the first page. For those who have read the novel and found a certain page of the novel particularly representative, he can counter-suggest on the forum, and the page will be translated and posted.

Any suggestions is welcome. When I am allocated a space for teasers, I'll post the teasers straight away.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well i thought it was going to be on the Wiki, but doing it on the forum is also valid.

If there is no objection, the teasers will be hosted here, only when they are ready for full translation then it can be moved to the wiki.

I'll wait a little longer before i create a new forum for it, or until other candidates are ready/selected.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
harunako
Astral Realm

Post by harunako »

Well now that I think more about it, putting on wiki is not a bad idea either... People should be free to add in what they know about the titles, and wiki is more adaptable to such free editing than forums...

Well I'll leave it for discussion then... Wiki or forum threads?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

wiki it is.

T-minus Zero seconds & zero minutes.
You are ready for launch, good luck and yuki speeds!

8)

Teasers links will be available on the main page, so keep a close eye on it.

:wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
harunako
Astral Realm

Post by harunako »

Teaser Archive: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... ry:Teasers

First feature: "Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu" Under construction...
alaster
Astral Realm

Post by alaster »

I already read you Teaser and it is great! I agree with your comment on the novel. Hoping to see a new translation for this novel. :P
harunako
Astral Realm

Post by harunako »

Yes, I'd love to do a teaser of it. The problem is, i'm too stingy to buy a book, so appreciate it if somebody provides me a scan / ebook of the first page...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

some translators (me included) are having difficulty adding new pages to the catagory to show up on the teaser main project page.

Can someone please explain how to do this, so that other translators may also add teasers.

thank you.

@Onizukademongto
harunako
Astral Realm

Post by harunako »

Do not need to edit the Category:teaser page...
Create any new page, and at the end add:

Code: Select all

[[Category:Teasers]]
Look at the individual teaser pages for example.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

I've moved all the GOTH posts to a separate thread, where it'll be easier to view.
/me claws out throat and dies
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Novel Teaser initiative

Post by Darklor »

Do we have at the wiki a official exemplary model page for a teaser project page?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

No.

But you can look at the teaser created by the big boss: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... aku_Shoujo
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ok. Good, that was what I did... so circa... ;) but I also tried to create it so that it would have an easy start to become a full-fledged project :mrgreen: - was it to much? :?

Hmm... and shouldnt a teaser page have more information as you (Vaelis) have given them at the end? So that an interested reader or translator can get an broader insight into the series (like how long, how much volumes, how much work, how much missed...)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

I find it a little confusing when there are two threads for a light novel, one in the future project suggestions and one in the teaser section. Rather than simply create a duplicate thread when a teaser is posted, I would say it'd be better to either: #1 move the future project suggestion thread into the teaser section; or #2, to lock the future project suggestion thread and create a new thread in the teaser section.

Does anyone else have any opinions on this proposed policy change? (And are the forum mods interested enough in applying it, since I'm not one myself?)
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Cthaeh wrote:I find it a little confusing when there are two threads for a light novel, one in the future project suggestions and one in the teaser section. Rather than simply create a duplicate thread when a teaser is posted, I would say it'd be better to either: #1 move the future project suggestion thread into the teaser section; or #2, to lock the future project suggestion thread and create a new thread in the teaser section.

Does anyone else have any opinions on this proposed policy change? (And are the forum mods interested enough in applying it, since I'm not one myself?)
I agree. FYI: I just happened to add the help page for New Project Creation on the Wiki. I should mention, some of the information is on the forums is quite outdated... they don't take into consideration the current workflow for most Teaser Projects (which are a newer thing). I tried my best to interpret it!

Anyways, I favor the first of what Cthaeh suggested.

These kinds of things really should be codified into the rules!
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”