The Radio Play

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
cotton
Astral Realm

The Radio Play

Post by cotton »

As you may or may not know, the producers of the TV series have released a CD with the VAs from the show in a Haruhi radio play. I downloaded the torrent yesterday and it all sounds very, well, entertaining, with giggles a-plenty.

I'd love to know what those wacky funsters are getting up to.

So... I don't suppose any of you translating geniuses feels like adding "Suzumiya Haruhi - SOS Dan Radio Shibu Bangai Hen CD Vol.1" to the long list of Haruhish things which need translating?
velocity7
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by velocity7 »

There are a lot of CD dramas and such that I would have liked to get translated, but two problems come up that involve such endeavors:

1. Are the translators interested enough?
2. How should the translation be provided? In text? A blank video with subtitles? A dub?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ah, i've seen this done before.

It was for the Evangelion radio play. it was very amusing.

What they did was to present as a video, they played the radio drama and using pictures of the characters, screen grabs and CGI from the EVA game, putting translated text in talk bubbles for whoever was talking.

It worked very well, but as some said this means that we have to get a fairly experienced with video software, and good timers.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

-blank/pic video with subtitles or like EVA radio play. Hope SHnY CD drama can be second CD drama that would be ever translated...
=^_____^=
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

My vote's for a translated script, or a novellised version to go with the novels.

Or, is your really, really clever, you could Torrent the soundtrack, add subtitles, take charcter references etc from anime episodes, and voila, we have a new ep!
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

IN fact, are there any fan-subbed torrents out there for this already? Enquiring minds wish to know....
garra
Astral Realm

Post by garra »

THey made it but so far its not fansubbed yet

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”