Kyouran Kazoku Nikki

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Should "Kyouran Kazoku Nikki" be translated?

Yes
89%
Neutral
2%
No
5%
Isn't it licensed?
4%

Total votes: 115

AmiHino
Astral Realm

Re: Kyouran Kazoku Nikki

Post by AmiHino »

Yup, little prologue-like things before each chapter.
If you were wondering what has Ouka so upset here it is writing the second journal entry:

April 5th, 2063 Archived It’s Kyouka-sama

That type of vegetable that looks like he has less nutritional value than a bean sprout, Ouka, was budding in a damp corner of the room so I tried hiding my presence and approaching him from behind. When I did, what the, what an interesting diary he’s been sneakily writing. When I asked about it, it seems that as part of the Paranormal Phenomena First Department of Measures’s “Operation Cozy Family” he’d been keeping records of the family or something. What the heck is that; that’s just recording the perspective of the “father,” isn’t it? And on that thought, I’ve decided that from today on, every day we’ll alternate so that all of the family members get to write. It’s an order laid down by the ruler of all rulers, Kyouka-sama, so of course everyone should obey it.
That being said, there are those who can’t write among the “children,” aren’t there? What should we do about that? ......That’s it, when it’s that lot’s turn we’ll leave it to that type of vegetable that was cropping up in the corner of the room just now, Ouka, to write for them. Yes, yes, what wonderful management this is. Even Zhuge Liang would be surprised, I’d say.
By the way, as family, as wife, and as god, I, Kyouka-sama, am thinking I need to punish that type of vegetable called Ouka for the sin of keeping a secret from me. For now Kyouka-sama has taken a nice and handy, hard, heavy object and struck his head, covering him in blood and knocking him out, but I wonder what I should do now. Things like Ouka’s cooking methods are stored in his brain that has as much information as a Koujien dictionary and even Kyouka-sama doesn’t know much about those.
And, while worrying about it, the normal grade-schooler, more lacking in distinguishing characteristics than any other in the world, Yuuka, dragged Ouka out of the room screaming “kyaa kyaa.” Wants to give him medical treatment or something, I suppose. She’s screaming “Otou-san, don’t die, don’t die” in a shrill voice. As if he would die. That little lady’s response gets a little neurotic where Ouka is concerned, which is annoying. That thing is sturdier than he looks, so he wouldn’t die just from a bonk on the head.
But this diary thing, after you start writing in it it’s troublesome when there’s nothing left to write. Or like, I’m already bored. Tedious thing. Besides, this is my first time using this ballpoint pen thing so my wrist hurts a little. I feel like I’ve lost. This is also likely Ouka’s fault. After his treatment’s over I’ll take the opportunity to begin an experiment based on the profound thesis of “Can a salad be made out of a human body?” It might make me feel a little better.

—Great Japanese Empire Paranormal Phenomena Bureau of Measures Official Special Operations Exercise Excerpt from the Midarezaki Family Diary—

Translation notes:
Zhuge Liang: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuge_Liang
Koujien: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koujien
Otou-san: "dad"
That thing: Yes, she calls him a thing.

I have a question BTW.
I don't really want to scan my books (the first one is getting kind of worn-out anyway) so I was wondering if someone else with a copy could scan theirs or if someone knows where to get scans online.
I'll work on the first chapter now unless someone wants to read Yuuka's diary.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

A well, go on as you like - you have the power (as the translator) ;) - and since it is a while back - how does it go? ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
AmiHino
Astral Realm

Post by AmiHino »

I'm working on the first chapter veeery sloooowly, but I am working on it, so.
The problem is that I'm starting college in a week, so I don't know exactly how busy that will make me, but I'll try to stick with it.
I'll wait a bit longer on the scans and then maybe I'll just scan my book if no one does it by the time I've got the first chapter translated.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”