Novel:Inukami!

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you want this series to be translated

Yes
97%
No
1%
No Comments
2%
Yes and I would like to help out(Indicate in reply+ please choose this option)
No votes

Total votes: 260

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Novel:Inukami!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

sterling01 wrote:Just so you know it's the manga that's licensed not the novels
Just so you know, i am an idiot...
Just so i know, >"< i got tricked!! =X nvrm... i dont have time for translating this yet anyways
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol, sorry guys...Yeah, I went to the site and "thought" it was the novel, but not until I actually researched into it farther did I realize it was the manga...I just forgot to update the wiki ^_^

Manga's coming out, so the novels are still up for grabs.
ShadowZeroHeart

Fine, i shall blame you for everything, thus you shall take on the project for inukami!!
Just kidding, it doesnt really matter to me, i dont read from B-T, not yet...
Anyways there are no one for this project anyways, so until some knight in shining armor comes out to translate the text, this will remain just a "Future Project".
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ShadowZeroHeart

REVIVAL OF A DEAD THREAD!!

Anyways, I just obtained+read vol. 10 of Inukami!
The anime ended at vol. 8, and volume 9 is basically made up of short stories before (fake)Kaoru's Inukami's went off to search for (fake) Kaoru.

Vol. 10
(Real) Kaoru finally makes her appearance. She is a shy girl, and has always relied on her brother since young(she is still young). Waking up in an unfamiliar time/environment, losing her brother, with her father going overseas to work as always, she is filled with uneasiness and lonliness. Too shy to do anything at first, she eventually finally opens up to Keita, causing a big commotion! Yoko and Tomohane holds a bathing questioning session for her! "Lover or Sister?" is the theme! During the questioning, an unexpected guest appears! If you can still recall, the little girl of the Shindo family, once threatened by the Shinigami called Boryoku no Umi (Sea of Violence) makes a special appearance, all grown up!

Tomohane, the cute little Inukami, made a potion that gave an unexpected effect, transforming her into a grown up woman/inukami! With a body that can fight it out against Yoko or any of Kaoru's Inukamis, and power that is similar to all the Inukamis+Yoko within her, she packs a real punch!!

Keita! As always! Is dragged into misfortune... He went to bathe in the main Karahira residence, and Karina Shiro, Dai Yoko(Yoko's father), Sekidosai and his robot Xanthippe joins in! Shiro and Keita gets involved in a fight between Dai Yoko and Sekidosai, who accidentally set Keita's XXX to be the target for his attacks in the messy situation. With cactuses, balls made from gold, statues and an unconcious Xanthippe flying at his XXX, Keita suffers great physical damage. Yet the worse is yet to come! As the bathroom begins shrinking as Dai Yoko and Sekidosai fall unconcious, making their powers go wild. Squeezed in a small space, he must revive Sekidosai who has stopped breathing! In an enclosed space packed with muscles, he had to force himself to do mouth-to-mouth with him! Great mental trauma that is so great noone dares ask him what happened!

Cant wait for vol 11 =X

Edit: Forgot to mention this... but...
At the rate his Inukamis are searching, (back) Kaoru will probably never come back, the comic at the end of the volume shows how each of his inukamis are "faring" =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Final-Roxas13
Astral Realm

Post by Final-Roxas13 »

Inukami, Huh? Well It's rare that i find someone who likes this series. Im glad! This series should be translated IM learnign japanese right now so i probably can't be of much help. When i do learn I'll be glad to help!
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

@ Shadow: Whoa, wait. This means that the REAL Kaoru is a girl!? OH MY GOD.

I smell naughty ideas inside my head. (yeah yeah, probably it's that hope of seeing Keita having someone added into his... uh, harem.)
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ShadowZeroHeart

Final-Roxas13 wrote:Inukami, Huh? Well It's rare that i find someone who likes this series. Im glad! This series should be translated IM learnign japanese right now so i probably can't be of much help. When i do learn I'll be glad to help!
Fine, so i am a rare person, so sue me =X

Well, sure, looking at the future projects section, so many are suggested but left untouched. So feel free to try your hands at translating if you are interested.
Assassin wrote:@ Shadow: Whoa, wait. This means that the REAL Kaoru is a girl!? OH MY GOD.

I smell naughty ideas inside my head. (yeah yeah, probably it's that hope of seeing Keita having someone added into his... uh, harem.)
Yes, REAL Kaoru is a girl. She looks young, coz she was frozen entirely, she cant grow up like her little brother that became Keita's rival. And yes, she is added to the harem, tat is why our cute Tomohane is worried her "little sister" position may be taken away by Kaoru.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Assassin wrote:@ Shadow: Whoa, wait. This means that the REAL Kaoru is a girl!? OH MY GOD.

Yes, REAL Kaoru is a girl. She looks young, coz she was frozen entirely, she cant grow up like her little brother that became Keita's rival. And yes, she is added to the harem, tat is why our cute Tomohane is worried her "little sister" position may be taken away by Kaoru.
Hmm... I wonder how the (Real) Kaoru looks like :P

... wait, is her bro still alive?
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ShadowZeroHeart

As the anime has shown, the 10inukamis believe he is still alive. but no1 knows for sure... and with their way of searching, it is hard to believe they will ever find him.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Well, on the Dengeki Main site, which publishes these, it seems that December 10th-ish will see the release of yet another brand new Inukami novel, proving to me the series is still ongoing.

It is entitled:

いぬかみっ!EX わんわん!!

or in English:

Inukami! EX Bark Bark!!

It seems there are 14 novels, then the numbering stops, and we have いぬかみっ!EXわん!, Release Date: 2007/9/10. And it seems part II is finally on it's way out after...over a year :).

Yay for more books :)

i believe now though there is a total of...16-17 books. (not sure if there is a spin off out).
ShadowZeroHeart

From Wiki
Light novels
Inukami! began as a series of light novels written by Mamizu Arisawa, and drawn by Kanna Wakatsuki. The series originally started serialization in MediaWorks' now-defunct light novel magazine Dengeki hp with the release of volume seventeen on April 18, 2002.[1] Inukami continued to be serialized in Dengeki hp for another four initial chapters until the release of volume twenty-one of the magazine on December 18, 2002. The following month on January 10, 2003 the first bound volume of the series was published by ASCII Media Works under their Dengeki Bunko publishing label. Volumes continued to be published until December 10, 2008 with the release of the sixteenth novel. Of the volumes, the first fourteen were of the main series, and the fifteenth and sixteenth books, entitled Inukami! EX Wan! and Inukami! EX Wanwan!! respectively, were bonus novels of collected short stories with illustrations provided by Mari Matsuzawa who also drew the Inukami! manga.[2] Another novel entitled Inukami Special Edition was only released as a promotional gift for the animated movie. Additional chapters were also serialized in Dengeki hp volumes twenty-three through thirty, thirty-two through thirty-four, and thirty-eight through forty-two.[3][4][5] A ten-part original short story compilation is posted online at the anime's official website.[6]
I presume it is "Inukami! EX Wanwan!!"?
Wiki sure is updated. But those are short stories, meaning the actual story ended.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Adon-kun
Astral Realm

Post by Adon-kun »

Was lurking, and I have no intention of actually reviving this dead topic (though I wouldn't actually mind this getting translated), but I just wanted to ask something to anyone who's read the novels. I want to find out how the story ended. If there's anyone who knows, can you kindly share the info?
ShadowZeroHeart

Adon-kun wrote:Was lurking, and I have no intention of actually reviving this dead topic (though I wouldn't actually mind this getting translated), but I just wanted to ask something to anyone who's read the novels. I want to find out how the story ended. If there's anyone who knows, can you kindly share the info?
I know how it feels, since I watched the anime and was dying to know the ending.
Spoiler! :
Kaoru(Male) is gone, and Kaoru(female) returns as a replacement. However, she is unable to gain her/his Inukami's trust. Despite that, all of them work hard together to try and find Kaoru. They do so by seeking famous and powerful fortune tellers out.

Kaoru(Female) turns to the one closest to her, Keita, and then threatens the youngest Inukami's "sister" position, thus fights sparkle.

The girl that was in the Shinigami incident(The one about the girl dying at her birthday, but was saved by Keita), returns for Keita with a "Queen" trait that eventually blossoms in her name.

In a prophecy, it is mentioned that to revive Kaoru, they would need to gather the spirits of the 4 seasons(Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter) and perform a certain ritual. The gathering of such spirits and information would bring them a lot of obstacles, together with stronger bonds.

When they understood what the prophecy meant, and what it does, they were astonished, as one would have to make a wish to 3 goddesses with a bet of their life, and they would give them a seemingly difficult, but possible task to perform. Nadeshiko, with her deep love and regrets towards Kaoru(Male), then sets off to challenge, given the task of lighting up a lighter ten times without the flame being extinguished. After 9 successful light ups, the final flame was blown off by one of the goddesses, thus, she failed. This causes Keita and group to have to save not just one, but two people.

Keita then makes his wish, with his task being to circle the globe within a certain time limit. However, the goddesses made several restrictions, for example, he cannot just go to the pole and revolve there so as to complete one circle, he has to collect souvenoirs from different countries around the world etc. He then sets off, with Yoko and Kaoru's Inukamis(The youngest Inukami took medicine and grew up temporarily, gaining even more power than Yoko and any existing Inukamis! Thus she is Keita's ride most of this period). However, the goddesses set off to hinder his task as well.

The girl in the Shinigami incident, then led the perverts to obtain the souvenoirs, so Keita can just concentrate on his flying.

Keita's grandma, the officer(pervert, descendent of one of the greatest perverts), the cat and kappa that is always with Keita, all went to make wishes, so as to delay the goddesses' hinderance, together with to use their wishes to bring additional help back for Keita. The cat and Kappa combination also allowed them to realise what is really important in the tasks.

However, when all is almost ready, all 3 goddesses gang up against Keita, to stop him from achieving his task. Keita, Kaoru(Male), Kaoru(Female), Keita's grandma, and all the inukamis they have all gather up in the most spectacular fight ever, a fight where they would consider Keita as "User of the users of Inukamis", as they would interchange their Inukamis when the situation arises, performing assists and counters as and when needed, so much so that even the Goddesses are unable to handle them.

After all the tasks are completed, the goddesses disappears, and they all return to their household for a massive banquet!
(This is the end of the Inukami series, no true ending is given)

In the side stories WOOF and WOOF WOOF, an additional ending is given, where Kaoru(Male) and Keita fights for the position of the master of the household. In the end, Kaoru became the master of the household. The two strikes a pact, that Kaoru shall work towards internal defense, whereas Keita is to take care of the external issues, forming the most ideal situation as far as possible.
Hopefully this is enough information about the series. Though I hate to say that I can't bring the awesomeness of that final battle out just like this...

Edit: wanted to make additional notes to this post, as follows:

P.S. If you liked this novel, please keep a lookout for the following series:

Sweet Line: Written by the same author. He mentioned that he was charmed during the anime adaptation of Inukami! and decided to write a novel about VAs. This is the product. Not as good as the other novels, but I support the author!

Lucky Chance!: Another story by the same author. Story goes about a God of Misfortune, after bringing too much misfortune, takes a job change to become a God of Fortune. She decides to help the most unfortunate person in Japan. And that would be the protagonist, a 5-dollar user! The God of Fortune is new, just like a baby, she has no knowledge of basically anything, so the protagonist would have to take care of her. And as the name implies, the 5-dollar user uses 5-yen every time he uses a spiritual attack to expel demons/ghouls. But this would mean that he uses up his money per attack! Not to forget, he is UNFORTUNATE!! This would imply that he is poor to begin with! How will his life, or love life end??

And last but not least, i would like to say... "INUKAMI NEVER ENDS!!"
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Adon-kun
Astral Realm

Post by Adon-kun »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Adon-kun wrote:Was lurking, and I have no intention of actually reviving this dead topic (though I wouldn't actually mind this getting translated), but I just wanted to ask something to anyone who's read the novels. I want to find out how the story ended. If there's anyone who knows, can you kindly share the info?
I know how it feels, since I watched the anime and was dying to know the ending.
Spoiler! :
Kaoru(Male) is gone, and Kaoru(female) returns as a replacement. However, she is unable to gain her/his Inukami's trust. Despite that, all of them work hard together to try and find Kaoru. They do so by seeking famous and powerful fortune tellers out.

Kaoru(Female) turns to the one closest to her, Keita, and then threatens the youngest Inukami's "sister" position, thus fights sparkle.

The girl that was in the Shinigami incident(The one about the girl dying at her birthday, but was saved by Keita), returns for Keita with a "Queen" trait that eventually blossoms in her name.

In a prophecy, it is mentioned that to revive Kaoru, they would need to gather the spirits of the 4 seasons(Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter) and perform a certain ritual. The gathering of such spirits and information would bring them a lot of obstacles, together with stronger bonds.

When they understood what the prophecy meant, and what it does, they were astonished, as one would have to make a wish to 3 goddesses with a bet of their life, and they would give them a seemingly difficult, but possible task to perform. Nadeshiko, with her deep love and regrets towards Kaoru(Male), then sets off to challenge, given the task of lighting up a lighter ten times without the flame being extinguished. After 9 successful light ups, the final flame was blown off by one of the goddesses, thus, she failed. This causes Keita and group to have to save not just one, but two people.

Keita then makes his wish, with his task being to circle the globe within a certain time limit. However, the goddesses made several restrictions, for example, he cannot just go to the pole and revolve there so as to complete one circle, he has to collect souvenoirs from different countries around the world etc. He then sets off, with Yoko and Kaoru's Inukamis(The youngest Inukami took medicine and grew up temporarily, gaining even more power than Yoko and any existing Inukamis! Thus she is Keita's ride most of this period). However, the goddesses set off to hinder his task as well.

The girl in the Shinigami incident, then led the perverts to obtain the souvenoirs, so Keita can just concentrate on his flying.

Keita's grandma, the officer(pervert, descendent of one of the greatest perverts), the cat and kappa that is always with Keita, all went to make wishes, so as to delay the goddesses' hinderance, together with to use their wishes to bring additional help back for Keita. The cat and Kappa combination also allowed them to realise what is really important in the tasks.

However, when all is almost ready, all 3 goddesses gang up against Keita, to stop him from achieving his task. Keita, Kaoru(Male), Kaoru(Female), Keita's grandma, and all the inukamis they have all gather up in the most spectacular fight ever, a fight where they would consider Keita as "User of the users of Inukamis", as they would interchange their Inukamis when the situation arises, performing assists and counters as and when needed, so much so that even the Goddesses are unable to handle them.

After all the tasks are completed, the goddesses disappears, and they all return to their household for a massive banquet!
(This is the end of the Inukami series, no true ending is given)

In the side stories WOOF and WOOF WOOF, an additional ending is given, where Kaoru(Male) and Keita fights for the position of the master of the household. In the end, Kaoru became the master of the household. The two strikes a pact, that Kaoru shall work towards internal defense, whereas Keita is to take care of the external issues, forming the most ideal situation as far as possible.
Hopefully this is enough information about the series. Though I hate to say that I can't bring the awesomeness of that final battle out just like this...

Edit: wanted to make additional notes to this post, as follows:

P.S. If you liked this novel, please keep a lookout for the following series:

Sweet Line: Written by the same author. He mentioned that he was charmed during the anime adaptation of Inukami! and decided to write a novel about VAs. This is the product. Not as good as the other novels, but I support the author!

Lucky Chance!: Another story by the same author. Story goes about a God of Misfortune, after bringing too much misfortune, takes a job change to become a God of Fortune. She decides to help the most unfortunate person in Japan. And that would be the protagonist, a 5-dollar user! The God of Fortune is new, just like a baby, she has no knowledge of basically anything, so the protagonist would have to take care of her. And as the name implies, the 5-dollar user uses 5-yen every time he uses a spiritual attack to expel demons/ghouls. But this would mean that he uses up his money per attack! Not to forget, he is UNFORTUNATE!! This would imply that he is poor to begin with! How will his life, or love life end??

And last but not least, i would like to say... "INUKAMI NEVER ENDS!!"

THANK YOU!!! But my thirst for more Inukami is not quenched. I... need... more...

Though the battle sounds freakin' awesome, the ending is a bit unsatisfactory. The author should've at least made a close to the romance department. I hate open-ended endings. It haunts you. Day and night. Forever. Dammit...

Those stories seem interesting. I shall check them out.
ShadowZeroHeart

Adon-kun wrote: THANK YOU!!! But my thirst for more Inukami is not quenched. I... need... more...

Though the battle sounds freakin' awesome, the ending is a bit unsatisfactory. The author should've at least made a close to the romance department. I hate open-ended endings. It haunts you. Day and night. Forever. Dammit...

Those stories seem interesting. I shall check them out.
I would agree in most cases, but I would say the best stories should end in such open endings... Reason? Because I really don't want it to end...

If Keita stops being a pervert, its saddening. If he marries Yoko(Happy end? or not?) and maybe have some children(human?) it might be a happy ending for some. But it also kills his relationship and all those happy memories of him and the others, especially if you ever get to read the series again.

And another reason? Such endings give rise to the possibility of a next series don't you think? If the author ever feels like it and gets some brilliant ideas, why not?

And lastly, Inukami! is a very fun loving and light mooded novel. The ending of them having fun is really the way it should be, it suits the series very well, in my opinion.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”