Full Metal Panic Translation?

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
GardenAll
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Full Metal Panic Translation?

Post by GardenAll »

Six months have past since the Tokyopop close doors, so FMP! can be translated without problems.

Looks like FMP! Another is really good, I hope see a translation someday.
Graphic-designer and Image Editor of Suzumiya Haruhi portuguese project
chad001
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by chad001 »

Hasn't this been translated already?
GardenAll
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by GardenAll »

chad001 wrote:Hasn't this been translated already?
All the "main stories" are translated, but some people say that have poor translations. Besides, there are only some translations of the "funny stories".

Above everything, nobody is translating FMP! Another anywhere,
Graphic-designer and Image Editor of Suzumiya Haruhi portuguese project
JbstormburstADV
Astral Realm

Post by JbstormburstADV »

GardenAll wrote:
chad001 wrote:Hasn't this been translated already?
All the "main stories" are translated, but some people say that have poor translations. Besides, there are only some translations of the "funny stories".

Above everything, nobody is translating FMP! Another anywhere,
Some? I find that to be quite a bit too exclusive of a qualifier. If it were me, I'd say most, since there's inconsistencies all over the place. I do agree, though, that someone needs to start translating FMP! Another.
fantwell
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by fantwell »

Please do FMP Another.

It hasn't been licensed at all as far as I can tell from Baka Updates manga (neither the light novels nor the manga). And yet no one is translating it! Why? FMP is a poking masterpiece from top to bottom, I'm sure that Another is just as good.

The main FMP novels could certainly be retranslated eventually, but Another hasn't even had the benefit of an initial rough translation. So my vote definitely goes to Another first, and come back to the original novels at a later date.
seibert47
Astral Realm

Post by seibert47 »

Does anyone know if there is a translator working on Full Metal Panic! Another?I've been searching everywhere for it but I can't find it anywhere. I really want to see it translated to English because FMP was a great manga and light novel series.
TaitoMagatsu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TaitoMagatsu »

I don't know if this matters, but I'd really appreciate it if somebody is interested in translating FMP!, as there should be freedom to do so in terms of licenses and there are no really good and consistent translations of the novels (also the "funny stories" haven't been translated fully anywhere). Also, from the part of FMP! I do know (anime + light novels that exist in english), it is a really good series, so why not?
Unfortunately I can't give my help to this proyect (or any proyect, really) because english is not my mother language, and I feel I have still ways to learn before getting as good as I'd want to be (think of my goal as the level of a translator to english from something else, or as the level of a good TED-talker). Thus, it's obvious I can't demand anything; I can only give my support to this proyect if there is somebody waiting for it. Although, if there is something which I can help with, I'm (somewhat, considering college stuff I must attend) free, and minded to do my best for it.

Best whishes,
Taito
obsidian pegasus
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by obsidian pegasus »

Hi, its been a year and a half since the license for FMP! reverted to Japan. I just picked up a copy of another and like it alot! Can I start translating the first chapter as a teaser project and see how it goes from there?
黒曜石ペガサス
私の悪い文法のため申し訳ありません
tainaco
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by tainaco »

bumping the thread while subtly trying to spread the word, that says Shoji Gatoh have actually penned novels other than FMP
lArtigerl
Astral Realm

Post by lArtigerl »

Must.
Bump.
Nao.
fantwell
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by fantwell »

obsidian pegasus wrote:Hi, its been a year and a half since the license for FMP! reverted to Japan. I just picked up a copy of another and like it alot! Can I start translating the first chapter as a teaser project and see how it goes from there?
Did this ever happen?

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”