Kitsune no Hanashi

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Aethereal_Fox
Astral Realm

Kitsune no Hanashi

Post by Aethereal_Fox »

Hi, long time reader on Baka-Tsuki here, and previously assisted a few translation projects in various niches of the internet.
Is there any interest in affiliations involving not-so-light novels? Since I've been studying using a few books ordered from Amazon Japan anyway, I decided to start writing up translations on a little wordpress site.
It will be updated very sporadically since my free time comes in waves, but if anyone finds it interesting enough I'd be happy for it to be linked.
Kitsune no Hanashi is about 65% complete.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Kitsune no Hanashi

Post by Cthaeh »

I don't think there are too strict of guidelines as to what books can be added. We do have Shin Sekai Yori and Hyouka projects, which I believe are not light novels strictly speaking.

If you think it would be of interest to readers on BT, it should be fine to go ahead (as long as it doesn't run afoul of the "commercial activity policy" or "machine translation policy", which doesn't appear to be an issue when I glanced at your blog).
Aethereal_Fox
Astral Realm

Re: Kitsune no Hanashi

Post by Aethereal_Fox »

Thanks for the advise, I'll think about it more seriously when I have some time to spare again.

Didn't actually realise Shinsekai Yori was linked from here. I have the Japanese books for it myself and would tend towards saying that they're not light novels. At the very least they're not so light in weight!

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”