Strawberry Panic Vol. 3

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
tsuyo_puyo
Astral Realm

Strawberry Panic Vol. 3

Post by tsuyo_puyo »

Would you guys consider translating the final volume of the Strawberry Panic light novel series (which is volume 3)? Seven Seas Entertainment released volumes 1 and 2 in the U.S., but because they had poor sales for their entire light novel line, they have decided to quit publishing all their light novel titles. In Japan the author had to quit working on the Strawberry Panic manga, so now Seven Seas is even unable to publish their Strawberry Panic manga also. I'm dying to know the ending, as well as many fans who bought the first 2 novels or the first 2 volumes of the manga. It would be greatly appreciated, and according to Erica Friedman, the Strawberry Panic light novels are so much more easier to translate than the Maria-sama ga Miteru novels (I'm guessing that shes referring to the amount of kanji in it).
tsuyo_puyo
Astral Realm

Re: Strawberry Panic Vol. 3

Post by tsuyo_puyo »

ooh and might i also add that the anime greatly differs from the manga and light novels. the manga is based off the light novels.
tsuyo_puyo
Astral Realm

Post by tsuyo_puyo »

mm after doing a bit of browsing on the seven seas forums, im pretty sure they are canceling their entire light novel line. here is a quote from adam arnold, the site admin over there.
Unfortunately, Seven Seas currently has no plans to release or reprint any additional Light Novel titles. So that date for Strawberry Panic novel 3 is incorrect.
here's a link to the quote

http://www.gomanga.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=20

it would be really cool if you guys translated the final volume, i need some of the official stuff and not fanfics (because i've read like all the good ones already lol)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

seven seas...remind me of a vitamin supplement brand, quite good acutally, unfortunately, this seven seas seems to be entirely disappointing and not even tasty and energy boosting either.

IAnyone have the full list of light novels seven seas will be dropping?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
billborden
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by billborden »

"Kanokon" was also on the list, but it never got in print.
CaptainHYPERBOLE
Astral Realm

Post by CaptainHYPERBOLE »

so whats the deal with this? confirmed on gomanga.com (seven seas website) that volume 3 (the final volume) will not be coming out in english, and the first 2 volumes have been out for awhile. ive really enjoyed the story so far, and they just leave me hanging. i cant even finish teh story throught he manga because the manga author quit that project and the manga was based on the light novel.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”