Guin Saga

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
animalia
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Guin Saga

Post by animalia »

I believe thhat only the first 5 books of Guin Saga since it is a series that was a huge influence on Berserk so I thought it would be cool if we could host it here.
quethiril
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Guin Saga

Post by quethiril »

Wow, 123 volumes total. :shock:

I am confused by what you're saying. Do you mean someone has already translated the first 5 volumes, and they should be hosted here? Or that someone should translate the first 5 volumes? Is there a logical break at 5?
animalia
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by animalia »

only the first 5 books were licensed and translated and I thought it would be cool if you could pick them up where the official translation left off

I would also be willing to purchase and scan the raw novels if necessary, I just do not know how to post the raws.
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

How do you write 123 volumes O_o
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Muffinman wrote:How do you write 123 volumes O_o
that is like asking the mangaka of Hajime no Ippo Manga how can he draw and write that long (and we're not even halfway there yet) or asking kids in usa how can they wait for years for all the dragonball shows to be dub. (i was one of them, before i knew you can use the net to download all the subs of all the shows of dbz)

baka baka baka
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

b0mb3r wrote:
Muffinman wrote:How do you write 123 volumes O_o
that is like asking the mangaka of Hajime no Ippo Manga how can he draw and write that long (and we're not even halfway there yet) or asking kids in usa how can they wait for years for all the dragonball shows to be dub. (i was one of them, before i knew you can use the net to download all the subs of all the shows of dbz)
True say. On another note though, I gave up on DragonBall Z when i was a kid
Sinmay
Astral Realm

Post by Sinmay »

If they're licensed already, Baka-Tsuki can't translate them.
animalia
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by animalia »

like I said only the first FIVE novels
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Krikit »

A man who wears a mask mysteriously affixed to his face, who can't remember anything about his past....

Spoiler! :
Utawarerumono
Duh...lol

but this time we know which one came first :)

EDIT

lol, i'm reading the prologue they have on the website translated, and already see the word "regions" spelled "regons" and to prove I'm not mistaking the word, here's the sentence:
Spoiler! :
These were the borderlands between the domain of men and the darker regons where darker things ran wild.
^_^ I'm sure it'll still go through editing though.
kagetsuki23
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kagetsuki23 »

no one is willing to take this project? then we will never know the end of this wonderful story.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

It has 130 volumes (info from Wiki) and recently was resumed (by different author), so even if someone take this project, probably he will never finish it...
Etheraxia
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Etheraxia »

Hopefully, this isn't a necro-post.

Is there anyone still interested in this project? I wish to team up with anyone who wants to start this project. I can be a translator and editor. I'm new to this--but I do have a Japanese degree, if that helps. I've also written much fanfiction that seems to be appreciated by the ff.net community, so I have a fair grasp on story flow and term usage.

Since Vertical has only published the first 5 volumes, I'm hoping we can start after vol. 5.

I know the amount of volumes seems daunting, but it doesn't hurt to try and see how far we can go. I just really want to let people read about this great series.

Thanks for reading!
animalia
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by animalia »

Hi this is the guy who started the original post. I am willing to purchase the RAWs and scan them for you as well as edit everything together into PDF files. I have already done some work on other light novels at the group I founded at Fighting Dreamers Scanlations, and I am always looking for a new Translator. PM me if you are interested.
Etheraxia
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Etheraxia »

Since I'm a new member, I can't really PM anyone yet. Is there a way you can pm me? Perhaps we can continue this conversation via Skype or some other messenger. Just give me a screen name and I'll find a way to contact you.

I have a way for translating this that might be easier, but I'll leave that for the conversation.
Etheraxia
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Etheraxia »

animalia wrote:Hi this is the guy who started the original post. I am willing to purchase the RAWs and scan them for you as well as edit everything together into PDF files. I have already done some work on other light novels at the group I founded at Fighting Dreamers Scanlations, and I am always looking for a new Translator. PM me if you are interested.
Ugh, this is embarrassing, but it seems like I'm not even allowed to reply to a PM due to my newbie status on the forums.

Please just PM me your preferred method of contact and your screen name, if possible. Thanks.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”