Akikan! Novel(s) Addition & Translation to Baka-Tsuki

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

"Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?"

Yes !
100%
Not Really (Please give a reason) !
No votes
No (Please give a reason !
No votes

Total votes: 2

AnimeFreak
Astral Realm

Akikan! Novel(s) Addition & Translation to Baka-Tsuki

Post by AnimeFreak »

I have the Akikan! Novels linked from my proflie here on baka-tsuki. I dont know any Japanese and wanted to know if anyone can translate or add it to the website. >.< Its in win.rar format

'''Here are links to a Light (Romantic Comedy) Novel seris called Akikan! which is very funny'''

:!: It needs to be translated and it would be greatly appritiated :!:

Akikan! 1-6 (Light Novels)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story:
Akikan (”Empty Can”) is the unlikely story of high school boy Kakeru Daichi, whose can of melon juice soda magically transforms into a human girl. More "akikan" girls begin appearing, each of them needing to be infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive. They were created as part of the 'Akikan Elect' to determine whether steel cans or aluminium cans are superior. (wiki)

[Edit: Links removed.]

'''''''NEED TRANSLATION!!!!!!!!'''

All of these links above are from [Edit: Link removed].

Please Enjoy

*Pictures of Volume Cover Scans/ Illustrations*
Spoiler! :

If I have done anything wrong to infract on the rule please let me know!
Last edited by Darklor on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added poll
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Akikan! Novel(s) Addition & Translation to Baka-Tsuki

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Dear AnimeFreak,

Welcome to B-T. In the forums, posting links to scans are not allowed, so I had to remove them.

And, though it may be a great series, translators at B-T are usually tied down to one project(s) or another. So, it is quite unlikely that you are able to find interested translators in the forum.

Usually, the best way would be to initiate the translation yourself, as a few light novel series have already been started that way. In time, other translators/editors may turn up.

Good luck.
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Maybe you should also create a thread in the "future project suggestion" section, this section here is more for discussions about.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

theres an anime about this as well right?

question: is the novel series completed or still ongoing?

and do you know how far the anime covers?
ShadowZeroHeart

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Yeah, theres the anime... well if the fansubs i am following(which i trust quite a bit) are correct, i am kinda pissed at the protagonist... His words and actions makes the entire story seem dumb in a few ways... I even heard that the novel is even worse... so can anyone who has read the novel give some comments on it?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

I read the novels before the anime came out, and I gotta say that, despite the ridiculous premise of the novel, the author of Akikan can really write. So yeah, I would give the novel a score of 4/5.
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
ShadowZeroHeart

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

watched the anime, and was pissed by the way the guy acts in many cases... does he really act in that manner in the novels as well? is it really a good read in comparison to other novels(please indicate the titles of novels u compare with as far as possible?)?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Well the difference is that in the novels you actually see the psychological mechanisms that drives the protagonist to act the way he does so you'll probably like his character a lot more. And I'll say that it's about 80% as enjoyable to read as Toradora, as both authors like to use a single recurring theme for each of the volumes, giving a solid feel of progression as you work your way through the chapters, and both can really write. Akikan's main characters also have more depth than the main characters of say, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, and I really grew to emphatise with the main characters after getting to understand their inner throughts and feelings. Overall, I would say that Akikan's not as good as Toradora mainly because of the ridiculous premise for the plot, but a more stimulating read than Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. Of course, that's only my take on Akikan, which I read about 2-3 months ago so I might have unconsciously exaggerated its good points a tad.
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

dragonst wrote:Well the difference is that in the novels you actually see the psychological mechanisms that drives the protagonist to act the way he does so you'll probably like his character a lot more. And I'll say that it's about 80% as enjoyable to read as Toradora, as both authors like to use a single recurring theme for each of the volumes, giving a solid feel of progression as you work your way through the chapters, and both can really write. Akikan's main characters also have more depth than the main characters of say, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, and I really grew to emphatise with the main characters after getting to understand their inner throughts and feelings. Overall, I would say that Akikan's not as good as Toradora mainly because of the ridiculous premise for the plot, but a more stimulating read than Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. Of course, that's only my take on Akikan, which I read about 2-3 months ago so I might have unconsciously exaggerated its good points a tad.

that made me look at this series a little bit favourable.
I hated the anime of Toradora! and Zero's Familiar but love the books.

If only the made the anime as faithful as SHnY or at leased convey the essences of the novel, that reading it will enhance the story and not "fill in" the points they did not have time to add to the anime.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kemm
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

I truly do hope this project finds a translator (I'm tied right now and I don't know if I will start another series once I finish). And here I thought this was an original anime with attached manga, only to fing just a while ago it has at least 10 novels published. Knowing the quality of the anime plot and how the novel format makes upo for many of the shortcomings that can be found, I have great hopes for these LN.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Added the necessary poll. It seems someone did move the thread into the Future Project section without adding one.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”