☆any translators/translating group willing to take on 混亂學園☆

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
k.aise
Astral Realm

☆any translators/translating group willing to take on 混亂學園☆

Post by k.aise »

☆混亂學園☆

CHAOTIC ACADEMY

AUTHOR:MAO LUO

http://paradise.ezla.com.tw/files/artic ... index.html

(σ・∀・)σ due to a favor frm someone....I'll probably be translating first 1st half of a mere sub-chapter 1 soon. sorta lyk a teaser version .from chinese to english. and u peeps decide whether the plot's favorable enough to continue. i'm a free-lance translator btw. and on behalf on someone i'm searching for interested chinese to english translators/translating grps if there's any. to take up this project. he claims his english sucked.so i guess i'll do him a favor by posting this up. cheers~

SUMMARY: 『ILLUSORY CITY』,THE NAME OF THIS LAND, CONSTITUTES OF 6 MAINLANDS AND MANY MULTITUDINOUS ISLANDS. LIVING WITHIN ARE: BEASTS,ELFS,DEMONS,HUMANS, DWARFS,VAMPIRES, GIANTS...A WIDE VARIETY OF LIFEFORMS EXIST IN THAT ISLAND. ALTHOUGH THOSE GROUPS HAD ENDLESS SLAUGHTER AND STRIFE IN HISTORICAL TIMES. IT HAS MADE REVOLUTIONARY CHANGES. TO NOW, A COHERSIVE AND PEACEFUL ENVIRONMENT...

...THIS IS A NEW ERA IN HISTORY, SCIENCTIFIC TECHNOLOGIES, WESTERN BLACK MAGIC, EASTERN MAGIC ARTS,FOLK SPIRITUAL SYNERGIES... ALL FUSED IN THIS NEW GENERATION OF ILLUSORY CITY...

Last edited by k.aise on Sat May 16, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: ☆any translators/translating group willing to take on 混亂學園☆

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Sorry, but firstly the link isnt working, secondly is it possible to post a bit of a preview or something to keep one interested? Not sure how the characters are like, or how the story may be like... But the title do remind me of Magical Academy... Best to include a summary and some illustrations?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
k.aise
Astral Realm

Post by k.aise »

hi there~i've updated the novel link to a workable one. i'm working on a chapter review now~shalt post it up for reference soon. and since it's a novel series there aint any illustrations i know of...hahas~
k.aise
Astral Realm

Post by k.aise »

I'VE COMPLETED A SHORT PREVIEW OF BASICALLY HOW THE 混亂學園/CHAOTIC ACADEMY NOVEL STARTS OFF~
Spoiler! :
『ILLUSORY CITY』,THE NAME OF THIS LAND, CONSTITUTES OF 6 MAINLANDS AND MANY MULTITUDINOUS ISLANDS. LIVING WITHIN ARE: BEASTS,ELFS,DEMONS,HUMANS, DWARFS,VAMPIRES, GIANTS...A WIDE VARIETY OF LIFEFORMS EXIST IN THAT ISLAND. ALTHOUGH THOSE GROUPS HAD ENDLESS SLAUGHTER AND STRIFE IN HISTORICAL TIMES. IT HAS MADE REVOLUTIONARY CHANGES. TO NOW, A COHERSIVE AND PEACEFUL ENVIRONMENT...

...THIS IS A NEW ERA IN HISTORY, SCIENCTIFIC TECHNOLOGIES, WESTERN BLACK MAGIC, EASTERN MAGIC ARTS,FOLK SPIRITUAL SYNERGIES... ALL FUSED IN THIS NEW GENERATION OF ILLUSORY CITY...

~The early rays of sunshine shot through my windows, with the air perfumed with the tantalizing aroma of breakfast. I pushed open the windows and was confronted by the lush forests. Leaves fell gracefully to the earth. Caressing breezes of cold air. The joyous chirping of robins fortells of a wonderful day…
It should be a wonderful day but however, an instinct tells otherwise…could it be because I saw a row of bird droppings outside the window?

Damm the birds!how can they shit so neatly!why can’t they shit forming a ‘circle’ shape? That’ll be more natural?

“Dia, come down for your breakfast~~” mom’s voice called out. “alright~~” I shouted in reply. As I gazed at the neat row of droppings, I chanted a water spell to cleanse them off.

After a quick grooming,I rushed down the stairs,grandpa,granny was already seated aside the dining table, mom was dishing out a bowl of hot soup while dad was fiddling with the dining utensils.

“Your face looks a little bad, are u uncomfortable in any way?” mom worriedly asked.

“Your face really does look paleish…” grandma pulled me over for a closer look. “I should get you my newly invented 『revival potion』later, guaranteed to revive you to the utmost health”

My grandma is a witch. she has a fetish for werid potions and medicines. And born to be her grandchild, I became her most precious guinea pig. Although those potions aren’t fatal but they have worse-than-fatal side effects.

Aside from just being transformed into blue snails,green snakes, half horse…what leaves the worst impression is, I’ve once became half transparent. Being half invisible, is not like something cute as a elf. But in the sense, that all my organs can be seen, my heart throbbing, the food that I ate down my digestive trait and even the protruding face muscles when I laughed…

During that period of time, nobody dared to sit in front of me while dining, and me myself, couldn’t even look in the mirror , much more, step out of the house.

Also, anyone who has saw a witch’s brew knows. Witches puts eccentric stuffs in their potions, what looks like a normal glass of vegetable juice probably consists of icky insects of all kinds. Maybe even bones frm the dead. Why can’t the ingredients be more normal? I’ve asked grandma.

“If bizarre ingredients aren’t added, it wouldn’t be called a witch’s brew!” was her reply.

Sometimes,I do think. Maybe these ingredients are added to boost the credibility of a witches’ reputation. But on realistic terms, Those are of no healing purposes.

Retrospectically, If those brews tastes good, I don’t mind it’s contents at all. But it actually tastes yuck. bitter. Simply leaves a bad taste in my mouth with it’s nasty flavor and apprearance. And upon seeing the resemblance between a witch’s brew and fresh vomit. My goosebumps raised. Oh well.I should be a little tired by staying up late yesterday night.

“You burnt midnight oil again on novels?” Upon hearing my self mumblings,my mom puts up a strict face.

“Didn’t I told you not to stay up that late, engrossed in novels?Why don’t u listen?”

“Because the book has to be returned by today, I couldn’t help it but to finish that overnight.” I pouted with a face of feigned innocence.

My residence is located deep in the mountains, quietly hidden away. In any sense, we should be called villagers. But the irony is, the seniors in my family are on excellent relations with the royalty, and our family can move freely around the kingdom.much more, borrow from the royal library.

Upon noticing the thick book in my hands, my grandpa curiously asked while stroking his snowy white beard. “The book that interests our dear dia so much, must be a excellent one. May I know what you’ve borrowed?”

Actually this book ain’t of any special quality. And it’s even somewhat mouldy, but since I’ve picked it up, I should just finish it.I took a deep breath and muttered the title spedily. “The introductions of ancient black magic and historical origins-Effects of black magic against future sorcerers-idealism of lifeforms in sorcerers’ mindsets.”

Huu~~This book title sure is lengthy,I’ve almost lost my breath.

After read the title aloud, nobody spoke and the house was in a total silence.

If it would turned out like this I wouldn’t have said it. Upon watching their stoned reactions, I realised I have indeed said something werid, it seemed to have dropped a few degrees in the house…

“CONGRATULATIONS! Dia Anthonymiscellaqi! You are already enrolled into the『DI HUA NA KE』academy, please gather in the eastern continent named 『ALA ALA』, on the first of next month” a piece of sheepskin note fluttered in through the window and broke the zombified atmosphere.

DI HUA NA KE? Isn’t that a very expensive school? The fees could make one feel faint. I’ve heard that if one intends to enter that school , they have to register and go through tribulations of strict examining.I certainly did not enrol there thus it’s a irony for me to receive that notification? Is the school’s intakes so hard up nowdays?

Upon watching my family members still stoning with their foreheads sweating. I just knew they aren’t the ones who took things into their own hands and applied for me…Then….the only person who could do such a thing probably could be…

“Congratulations! Dia Anthonymiscellaqi! You are already enrolled into the『DI HUA NA KE』academy…” That piece of sheepskin note keeps repeating loudly nonstop.

Damm!it’s noisy! The sheepskin note incessant announcements cause me headaches. I chanted a ‘Fireball spell’, and a tiny orb of fire appeared on my fingertip and directed it at the annoying object swiftly. The flames quickly devoured the note in no time.

“I’m going to return the book now…”
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

thanks for the teaser K.aise.

seems interesting, but familiar.

Then again been reading a lot of magic academy lately, so that might be it....
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

Ermm... To k.aise, please do not read if you may be offended in any way... But there may be some inappropriate parts to your translations?
Spoiler! :
The first species in the start should be beastmen, instead of beasts. "Different species exists within this world, and their initial fights and manslaughters eventually lead to the current peaceful and stable co-existance." may perhaps be a slightly better translation? Just a minor suggestion.

"All fused together" instead of "ALL FUSED IN THIS NEW GENERATION OF ILLUSORY CITY..."? or merging altogether?

Shone through my windows? using the word "shot" does not seem too appropriate... Dew fell from the green leaves, the leaves did not fall. "The cold wind grazed my nosetip, several birds flew between the branches and bushes, clear and cheerful chirping could be heard from all around."

Instead of how can the birds shit so neatly, it is more of "If they can shit so neatly, why not shit to form a picture of "Shit"(Note: not circle), that would suit them much more.

Dad wasn't fiddling i believe, but placing the dining utensils?

"You don't look too good" may be a little better than "your face looks a little bad", or perhaps you can say "you look a little pale"?

purple snakes, instead of green ones? half horse are centaurs.

The most memorable one, or the one i remember most clearly, is that i became semi-transparent once, and by being semi-transparent, i do not mean something cute as a spirit(not an elf) etc etc etc...

"icky insects of all kinds" according to the link provided is "Lizards, centipedes, spiders, deadman bones, cockroaches...

the brews taste bitter, gooey and gross, the colour is not black like ink, but yellowish like faeces(shit), it does not look tasty at all, and there would be smoke that resembles a skull above the brew, as if it is deadly.

It need not be novels, it should be books?

No, the book wasnt mouldy, it was boring and dry.

zombified atmosphere... not sure if such a term exists, but perhaps stalemate? or standstill?
Well, that is what i think really need some working upon? Please pay no attention to this if you may be offended in any way...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
k.aise
Astral Realm

Post by k.aise »

erm~yea. my style is not a word for word translation but rather, i would want to improvise a little of my personal writing vibes. and not nitpick damm much on details. yea~my chinese somewhat sucked, some mistakes and all. forgive me on that~ i'm not obliged for perfection for a 'teaser ver.' anyways~

In any case, the bottomline is, my real motive is to just post a teaser version for interested parties/translating group to pick that project up.
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Sounds interesting enough I guess, but I won't be free for the forseeable future, toradora's my priority right now. And interestingly, this'll probably be the first non-jap novel that we'll translate to english in the history of BT if someone picks it up wouldn't it? o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
k.aise
Astral Realm

Post by k.aise »

ahah~yeaa~this's a novel with potential. and is apparently the 2nd most popular novel series in the novel rankings , just under manga/novel hit 1/2 OUJI. these 2 plots are similar too~revolves around fantasy-gender blender-comedy genres.
alexlmlo
Astral Realm

Post by alexlmlo »

Hi, Im the one asking k.aise to translate this novel by the way.

I am currently asking the premission from the author to do the English translation, just hope she will be ok with that.

I don't think its Magic Academy, but not sure, still have to confirm if there is an official English translation for this novel at the moment.

Alex
ShadowZeroHeart

Magical academy is a japanese novel, so it probably is entirely different...

The chinese used is not all that tough, and 1/2OUJI is not a novel is it? Its a manga i believe, so is this the top rated novel?

And it is rather rare for any novels to get translated, so there is probably no official English translation for the novel... But errr... just a thought that came into mind... Does B-T only work on japanese novels? or is this actually accepted as well? But most importantly, is anyone gonna work on the translation? It seems kinda rude to ask for permission to start a translation project and then do nothing about it...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
alexlmlo
Astral Realm

Post by alexlmlo »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Magical academy is a japanese novel, so it probably is entirely different...

The chinese used is not all that tough, and 1/2OUJI is not a novel is it? Its a manga i believe, so is this the top rated novel?

And it is rather rare for any novels to get translated, so there is probably no official English translation for the novel... But errr... just a thought that came into mind... Does B-T only work on japanese novels? or is this actually accepted as well? But most importantly, is anyone gonna work on the translation? It seems kinda rude to ask for permission to start a translation project and then do nothing about it...
hi, 1/2 ouji, or i should say, 1/2 wangji (since its a chinese manga), its actually adapted from novel, and it is currently translated by prince revolution, and after me and member of prince revolution contacting the author, prince revolution is now the official approved english tranlsation group for the novel.

I am still confirming with the author of Chaotic Academy to see if there is any offical English translation, lol
k.aise
Astral Realm

Post by k.aise »

1/2 OUJI is a novel and manga. and i'm the official free-lance publicist for 1/2 OUJI manga artist [Doggy Cai]. personally approved by him.

and told ya my chinese kinda sucked~....reminds me of the sad fact....
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Magical academy is a japanese novel, so it probably is entirely different...

That was my first impression when I saw that it wasn't a japanese light novel since I'm under the impression that we're a japanese light novel (and sometimes visual novel) translation community. But I guess that's up to the higher ups to decide whether to allow this project or not.
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
ShadowZeroHeart

Before asking for permission from either B-T or the author, shouldnt a translator first be located??
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”