Many, many light novels.

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
Hezza ([email protected]) - Not a member, email me instead
Astral Realm

Many, many light novels.

Post by Hezza ([email protected]) - Not a member, email me instead »

Hey guys, I was just found a huge webpage with all the latest light novels, free, online, in Chinese. I just wanted you guys to know, if there were any series you were looking for but don't have copies of, just visit http://book.sky-fire.com/
That's assuming you guys didn't already know about it. I dont know many light novel series, but on the front page there seems to be a hell of a lot. I see Shana, Fate, and other stuff. You have to register to download the texts, but then translating should be not too hard.

I just wanted you guys to know.

Cheers,
Hez.

PS. I'm going to have a go at TLing Akikan. Don't get your hopes up coz my Chinese sucks ballz. It's just that if I tried to improve my Chinese by TLing light novels (ie. something interesting) my Chinese might get a lot better, a lot faster.
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bloody speeling did my head in! its N-O-V-E-L!
quethiril
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Many, many light novles.

Post by quethiril »

Hezza ([email protected]) - Not a member, email me instead wrote:but then translating should be not too hard.
HAHAHAHAHA.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Hezza ([email protected]) - Not a member, email me instead wrote:but then translating should be not too hard.
Join us as a translator. ^^ then say that please. Its not too hard, so come on, help us out.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

quethiril wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA.

awwww....don't be cruel Quethiril...... It's youth!

what's the word? 若い? ;)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Ah, sky-fire's a good website, but I gotta warn you though, the site does not have a reliable system of moderation, meaning that one just needs to register an account to post a story or translation, which results in inaccurate translations (as seen by my latest nogizaka translation fiasco) and repeating titles with slightly different names. Having said that, sky-fire does have just about every chinese-translated novel on the net in its database, though you might want to confirm that the translation was taken from a reliable source like http://www.lightnovel.cn

Ps. Akikan's a good novel to start translating, since there aren't a lot of particularly hard words and phrases, while the generous helpings of comedy scattered throughout the novels make it easier to translate. Good luck and have fun! You can always ask the forum guys for help if you get stuck or anything
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
Haze
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Chrome Shelled Regios
Now to be Tenyoku no Alderamin

Post by Haze »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Join us as a translator. ^^ then say that please. Its not too hard, so come on, help us out.
LOL
I joined like 10 seconds after that post.
But translating is a pain. And that comment was the result of youth. I have heaps of time and waste most of it on Anime or Homework.
and I have found my worthy pursuit in CSR. I watch almost no anime now, which is great!
~Haze.

Baka.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Haze wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote: Join us as a translator. ^^ then say that please. Its not too hard, so come on, help us out.
LOL
I joined like 10 seconds after that post.
But translating is a pain. And that comment was the result of youth. I have heaps of time and waste most of it on Anime or Homework.
and I have found my worthy pursuit in CSR. I watch almost no anime now, which is great!
Awww, translating shouldnt be too hard. ^^

LOLz, anyways, i do not have heaps of time, but i still waste them on Anime or Homework. Well, lets hope you will stay and help us out, translators are always needed in B-T. Of course, the rest are always welcome too, but without translators, it is hard to start.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Haze
Project Translator

Post by Haze »

It happens to be a habit of mine to do something without thinking first... :oops:
I"m definitely going to stay for a long time, but I'm gonna be AWOL when my Uni entrance test comes up.

I'll deal with that when it comes. Meaning I have about Two years of TLing before that.
~Haze.

Baka.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

dragonst wrote:Ah, sky-fire's a good website, but I gotta warn you though, the site does not have a reliable system of moderation, meaning that one just needs to register an account to post a story or translation, which results in inaccurate translations (as seen by my latest nogizaka translation fiasco) and repeating titles with slightly different names.
yeah, different names... current problem with CSR, but we're managing fine atm, Haze? :D (but it really is a pain, which is why I avoid the short stories)
Haze wrote:I'll deal with that when it comes. Meaning I have about Two years of TLing before that.
I hope you're not neglecting your school work and life in general before your Uni entrance test too? I'd feel bad if you do... oh, one reason why I'm translating so fast is coz I might have to drop CSR end of next year, so I want to get as much done while time permits. :D BTW, how can you not watch anime?! Did you get into CSR first through anime or novel?
Haze
Project Translator

Post by Haze »

blewin wrote:I hope you're not neglecting your school work and life in general before your Uni entrance test too? I'd feel bad if you do... oh, one reason why I'm translating so fast is coz I might have to drop CSR end of next year, so I want to get as much done while time permits. :D BTW, how can you not watch anime?! Did you get into CSR first through anime or novel?
Nah, My life is going fine. I'm actually doing well at school and I'll prolly go AWOL in the last year before my exams to make sure I dont fail.Actually, it's to make sure I get 99.95 ATAR^.^ What i mean by not watching anime was that I don't do it any more, coz I'm spending all the time TLing instead. I got into CSR from the anime. And yeah, none of the names are that bad at all, coz all I need is a pinyin machine and wikipedia to tell me what the character's name is :mrgreen:
~Haze.

Baka.
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

I just saw the impressive updating record of CSR, and I am embarrassed because my dear toradora hasn't had a proper update since june :oops:
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

I'm still trying to translate Shana here. Its no simple job... Who's the one who said it was easy? :evil:

Hopefully I can finish translating my work by the end of the week.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

Haze wrote:
blewin wrote:I hope you're not neglecting your school work and life in general before your Uni entrance test too? I'd feel bad if you do... oh, one reason why I'm translating so fast is coz I might have to drop CSR end of next year, so I want to get as much done while time permits. :D BTW, how can you not watch anime?! Did you get into CSR first through anime or novel?
Nah, My life is going fine. I'm actually doing well at school and I'll prolly go AWOL in the last year before my exams to make sure I dont fail.Actually, it's to make sure I get 99.95 ATAR^.^ What i mean by not watching anime was that I don't do it any more, coz I'm spending all the time TLing instead. I got into CSR from the anime. And yeah, none of the names are that bad at all, coz all I need is a pinyin machine and wikipedia to tell me what the character's name is :mrgreen:
that's great! Can't go wrong with discipline. :D I'm impressed with how you don't have to de-stress by watching anime. I need entertainment to help me cope. The closer the exams are, the more animes I watch... lol. I guess my marks suffer a little, but they seem ok (though I certainly could have done better, so yeah, really impressed with your self-discipline).

Make sure you let me know before going AWOL! :lol:
dragonst wrote:I just saw the impressive updating record of CSR, and I am embarrassed because my dear toradora hasn't had a proper update since june
You guys are doing a great job on Toradora! Almost finished I heard? I love that anime. Might read the novels when I have time.
Don't mind me. My translating speed is abnormal. I think the translation could be better if I slow down and if I know Japanese. :mrgreen:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

blewin wrote:
that's great! Can't go wrong with discipline. :D I'm impressed with how you don't have to de-stress by watching anime. I need entertainment to help me cope. The closer the exams are, the more animes I watch... lol. I guess my marks suffer a little, but they seem ok (though I certainly could have done better, so yeah, really impressed with your self-discipline).
heh. you think that's bad?
On the last day i had to hand in my 6 month project, I had been up for 34hrs, 8hrs before i was due to head in, i was on Baka-Tsuki copy/pasting wiki discussion threads to the forum. Around a thousand threads! I just kinda cracked! LOL!

I had so little sleep and too much coffee i just couldn't stop myself from doing this little thing. So, Haze I dunno how you can do without anime :roll:

As for me, luckily i ran out of discussion threads to to copy just three hours before i was due and managed to finish writing my paper work and grab my model down to my university..... wasn't pretty though... :roll: :lol:

me or the model....but meh.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Haze
Project Translator

Re: Many, many light novels.

Post by Haze »

I used to rely heaps on anime to de-stress but TLing seems to have replaced that.
...(at the end of last year, I was trying to finish six different animes the morning before my science finals...ie. at 3am. I crammed in the last 10 mins before the test...)

Which is why I'm glad to not be watching anime. Otherwise.... (looks at last years report card...) sigh...
~Haze.

Baka.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”