Chaotic Academy - need translators / proofreaders please

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
alexlmlo
Astral Realm

Chaotic Academy - need translators / proofreaders please

Post by alexlmlo »

Hi, I think some of you have heard of the novel Chaotic Academy, the original title would be "混亂學園", this is a Chinese novel written by Cat (貓邏).

If you don't know who Cat is, she is actually an author under the same publisher as Yu Wo, author of 1/2 prince, roughly started to write novel at the same time, they are friends themselves.

About the novel, the story somehow like 1/2 prince, the main character is a female but somehow change to a male in the academy, and create some chaos.

Our group had started like half a year ago but nothing really happened until last month, we finally got 2 translators and 1 proof reader. Currently we have a rolling translation system and each translator have 4 weeks to translate a single chapter.

(no more msn meeting now)

[We are currently having a msn meeting every Saturday 14.00 (GMT +0) to discuss any translation related issues, to be proud to say, Cat the author, would attend the msn meeting as well, we are officially approved by the author as the English version of the novel, and the author is actually working with us to tackle any translation issues, lol.]

To prove how close we and the author is, this is the link to author's blog, where she posted a recruitment advert for us.

If you are interested to help, either as a translator (Chinese to English) or a prove reader (English to English), please contact us via: [email protected]

Here are some of our sites currently for the project:

Group's blog, will post translated novel there.

Group's forum

Group's facebook group

Our site

Thanks a lot, and hope you will join us.

Alex
Last edited by alexlmlo on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Chaotic Academy - need translators / proofreaders please

Post by Dan »

Could you give the plot or tell a little about the story? I could proof read for you guys.
alexlmlo
Astral Realm

Post by alexlmlo »

Dan wrote:Could you give the plot or tell a little about the story? I could proof read for you guys.
wow, thx a lot.
The plot... hmmm

In a fantasy world that consists of many clans- vampires, humans, elves etc, there is a teenage girl named Dia, who appears to be quiet and polite, but usually suppresses her wild, “masculine” side in attempt to maintain her refined image. She is portrayed as the “perfect daughter” in the eyes of many adults, who often advise their children to have her as a role model. Her best friend, Princess
Lisa, is the only one who knows that both sides of Dia exist. After a fight with her mother, who complains that she should be more like Dia, Lisa then bets Dia could attend her school- a royal magic academy- as a guy, without being discovered- thus the family supports Dia’s tuition fee and insists her to attend.

Despite Dia’s protests, her family happily agrees, and with their help, Dia is transformed into a teenage guy, who turns out to be surprisingly handsome. Upon her entry of the school, she encounters interesting characters, under a magical schooling environment and these events are only the beginning of the building chaos, which she has to pull through- while concealing her true identity.

Thx for my translator way-way who written this plot for me.

Actually the first chapter been translated and was posted onto our forum, take a look if you want and see whats the story is like:

http://chaoticacademy.freeforums.org/vo ... 1-t18.html

Thanks a lot.

By the way, please e-mail your e-mail and msn to me if you can? thx.

Alex
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I don't use MSN. My email is in my profile: [email protected]

I can correct the text in that link, where do you want me to send it?
alexlmlo
Astral Realm

Post by alexlmlo »

hello again, after a year of recruitment, we are still short of staff to help with the translation, if you are interested to help, please contact us, e-mail would be: [email protected], thanks a lot. We really are struggling, please help if you can, thanks!!!!

Alex
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

alexlmlo wrote:hello again, after a year of recruitment, we are still short of staff to help with the translation, if you are interested to help, please contact us, e-mail would be: [email protected], thanks a lot. We really are struggling, please help if you can, thanks!!!!

Alex
wow, almost been a year, so how far have you guys taken the novel? I can almost recall the part where I noticed about the translation error in the bird poop back then! haha!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”