REQUEST: Samurai Guard

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

"Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?"

YES
96%
NO
No votes
NOT REALLY (Give reason)
4%

Total votes: 27

datenshi
Astral Realm

Re: REQUEST: Samurai Guard

Post by datenshi »

Title: サムライガード (Samurai Guard)
So far there are 5 volumes out, most recent one being in February of 2010. It seems to be on a 6 month release schedule.
1. 警護寮から来た少女 - The Girl Who Came from the Guard Dormitory.
2. 北の大地で待つ姫は - The Princess who waits in the Northern Lands.
3. 愛があれば○の差なんて - The difference, if there is love.
4. 命を懸けた殺死合
5. 刀とカタナと革ジャン剣士

Story seems to be that there was no Meiji restoration and that the Bakufu stayed in power. Hence the samurai class still exists to present times and they are allowed to wield swords. Basic setting/background. The main character is a decsendant of the Tokugawa line and as the 1st poster mentioned his inheritance rank went up and he is assigned a bodyguard to protect him from would-be assassins. For all of you curious about some synopsis just use amazon.co.jp and look up サムライガード.

Seems interesting enough that I plan to order all 5 novels from amazon.jp when I have enough light novels/misc stuff in my cart to save on shipping. Atleast with these 5 novels I can get my Sword Art Online vol 4 finally T_T...silly me sent my order a week before the preorder was available for the novel....
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

datenshi wrote:Title: サムライガード (Samurai Guard)
So far there are 5 volumes out, most recent one being in February of 2010. It seems to be on a 6 month release schedule.
1. 警護寮から来た少女 - The Girl Who Came from the Guard Dormitory.
2. 北の大地で待つ姫は - The Princess who waits in the Northern Lands.
3. 愛があれば○の差なんて - The difference, if there is love.
4. 命を懸けた殺死合
5. 刀とカタナと革ジャン剣士

Story seems to be that there was no Meiji restoration and that the Bakufu stayed in power. Hence the samurai class still exists to present times and they are allowed to wield swords. Basic setting/background. The main character is a decsendant of the Tokugawa line and as the 1st poster mentioned his inheritance rank went up and he is assigned a bodyguard to protect him from would-be assassins. For all of you curious about some synopsis just use amazon.co.jp and look up サムライガード.

Seems interesting enough that I plan to order all 5 novels from amazon.jp when I have enough light novels/misc stuff in my cart to save on shipping. Atleast with these 5 novels I can get my Sword Art Online vol 4 finally T_T...silly me sent my order a week before the preorder was available for the novel....
No offense, just a bit of personal advice? Always try a volume or two of a series first, before getting all available volumes... One volume and you MAY be able to see the quality of a novel, two volumes before you know more clearly whether its your type. This helps you save time and money...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
datenshi
Astral Realm

Post by datenshi »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: No offense, just a bit of personal advice? Always try a volume or two of a series first, before getting all available volumes... One volume and you MAY be able to see the quality of a novel, two volumes before you know more clearly whether its your type. This helps you save time and money...
Yes that is true. Sometimes novels start out great then gets meh with each volume.
I'm the sort of person who spends money to collect a set just for the sake of having it all. Bad habits die hard =.=! I will take your advice to heart and see if I can grab the first volume elsewhere for cheap and read it. Though granted synopsis and reviews seem good for this series.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

datenshi wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote: No offense, just a bit of personal advice? Always try a volume or two of a series first, before getting all available volumes... One volume and you MAY be able to see the quality of a novel, two volumes before you know more clearly whether its your type. This helps you save time and money...
Yes that is true. Sometimes novels start out great then gets meh with each volume.
I'm the sort of person who spends money to collect a set just for the sake of having it all. Bad habits die hard =.=! I will take your advice to heart and see if I can grab the first volume elsewhere for cheap and read it. Though granted synopsis and reviews seem good for this series.
I know what you mean... But I tell by experience... I got Shana and ZnT novels, quite a number of them, only to realise i am not so interested to reading them after some time... Some of them are left sitting somewhere without being read... I AM SORRY MY DEAR NOVELS!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: I AM SORRY MY DEAR NOVELS!
Shame on YOU!

baka baka baka
datenshi
Astral Realm

Post by datenshi »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: I know what you mean... But I tell by experience... I got Shana and ZnT novels, quite a number of them, only to realise i am not so interested to reading them after some time... Some of them are left sitting somewhere without being read... I AM SORRY MY DEAR NOVELS!
Yea, it happened to me too with the novels. I purchased like 10 Vampire Hunter D novels. It was fun reading till I got side tracked and never picked it up again after like 6-7 volumes. So many distractions in life yet so little time! I also found the raws in Japanese if any translators wants to take a gander at to see if it is interesting to translate.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

If you read them why not translating them yourself? :wink: :mrgreen:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”