Bento

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Do you want to see this series translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
1%
No (Please give a reason)
0%

Total votes: 905

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Bento

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Sharramon wrote:Also just in case people want to know I think there's around five or so books out by what I can gather.

Also there's five in Korea right now and we're never all that far behind(Although the SAO series are being pushed back and now we're two books behind T.T).
dont complain... I am stuck at vol 3 for Bento, and I dont think I have seen much SAO on my side, I dont even recall seeing vol 2? Maybe just because i dont read the series?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
ShadowZeroHeart

Not sure which Ben-to thread to go into, but I will stick to this one I guess?

Watched Ben-to the first episode, the sequencing is different, changing a lot of details, while most impressions and ideas are put in. While it is not the best first episode out there, the close-adaptation makes it a potentially good anime this season, should they start sticking to the novel.

P.S. Mei-mei is so cute! Shes NOT a tsundere by the way, but she just beats up the protagonist just for the sake of beating him up.
Spoiler! :
There is a guy that pats on the protagonist's shoulder in the anime? He is an ultra M. Seeing the protagonist being beaten up makes him think that the protagonist is an M like him as well!!
Can't wait to see Mei-mei's evil and painful stunts on the protagonist!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Vault
Astral Realm

Post by Vault »

I've just recently gotten into the whole Light Novel thing, and kind of uh, signed up here to cast a vote behind Ben-To. >.<; I've only seen the anime so far but given the law of "the book is always better" then these Light Novels should be great. xD
ShadowZeroHeart

Vault wrote:I've just recently gotten into the whole Light Novel thing, and kind of uh, signed up here to cast a vote behind Ben-To. >.<; I've only seen the anime so far but given the law of "the book is always better" then these Light Novels should be great. xD
Yes, the novel is much better. The sequence of events, the description of the food is way better, it comforts your soul and makes your stomach growl. That aside, its hard to imagine some parts of the fighting in the novel, so in those areas, if done well, the anime could do well, though so far, it has yet to even reach the novel standards even in the actions.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ShadowZeroHeart

I am ready to take my words back, the anime cannot deliver the full awesomeness of Ben-to, what a waste...

Episode 2:
Spoiler! :
"Wizard" is known for his air-borne abilities, setting off into the sky, using people's heads, the ceiling etc, stays afloat. This is very important, as the protagonist attempts to steal the ability, but fails several times.
Episode 3:
Spoiler! :
Regarding whether he wants "easy ben-to", the Ice Witch gives the protagonist 10,000 yen, telling him to spend it ONLY on dinner. This means that he has no need to fight so hard for "half-price ben-to". Yet, despite having money, the people at the mart still fights for them, why? Our dense-headed protagonist took a while to understand, but truly grasped the meaning of what it means by "half-price ben-to".
But damn, Mei Mei is keeping me reeled in. Shes the most interesting character in the series if you ask me, her actions/stunts are godly.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mura
Literature Club Member

Post by Mura »

Sorry to revive a thread as old as this but I would definitely love to see this translated on BT. Everyone talks about how great the anime is and such but from what I hear the novels are even better and I think this series is more than worth the time to translate.
ShadowZeroHeart

Mura wrote:Sorry to revive a thread as old as this but I would definitely love to see this translated on BT. Everyone talks about how great the anime is and such but from what I hear the novels are even better and I think this series is more than worth the time to translate.
No offense, but the anime was really bad. At least, I think those who read the novel would all agree on that.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mura
Literature Club Member

Post by Mura »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Mura wrote:Sorry to revive a thread as old as this but I would definitely love to see this translated on BT. Everyone talks about how great the anime is and such but from what I hear the novels are even better and I think this series is more than worth the time to translate.
No offense, but the anime was really bad. At least, I think those who read the novel would all agree on that.
Well I've never read the novels but I can see your point. Some adaptations are like that. That is why I would love the chance to read it.
sleepy920
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by sleepy920 »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Episode 2:
Spoiler! :
"Wizard" is known for his air-borne abilities, setting off into the sky, using people's heads, the ceiling etc, stays afloat. This is very important, as the protagonist attempts to steal the ability, but fails several times.
I'm intrigue with this. May I ask if you can write up a summary about this?
DoorKnob22
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoorKnob22 »

I'd love some more Bento.
Feel free to message me any of your favorite series.

Light novels I'm hoping will get translated
-mayo chiki
-mayoi neko overrun
-bento
-unbreakable machine doll
Rainb1
Astral Realm

Post by Rainb1 »

I just watched the anime. I liked the idea though I don't know about the adaptation since me too I did not read the LN. That is also why I think it would be a great idea to translate the LN. And I really hope it is translated...
Jasae Bushae
Astral Realm

Post by Jasae Bushae »

*hops up and down* I don't think there is a series anything like this on Baka Tsuki so Bento would be quite a grand sight to see translated so we may gaze upon the world of half priced bentos *got into it because of the ben-to anime and 'the road to ice witch' manga*
truggy
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by truggy »

This series sounds really interesting and I would love to see this become a project :D
Mando
Astral Realm

Ben-To

Post by Mando »

Ben-To (ベン・トー Ben Tō?) is an ongoing Japanese light novel series written by Asaura, with illustrations by Kaito Shibano. The first volume was published in February 2008, and 10 volumes have been released by Shueisha as of December 2011. Shibano also illustrates two manga adaptations titled Ben-To Zero: Road to Witch and Ben-To Another: Ripper's Night. A 12-episode anime TV series adaptation produced by David Production aired in Japan between October and December 2011.

PLOT
You Sato is a new high school student living in the dorms. While seeking cheap eats at the local market he finds himself beat up and semi-conscious with fleeting glimpses of a girl during the moments of his collapse. As his memories recover the next day, he discovers that trying to purchase half priced lunchboxes can be hazardous to his health as free-for-all fights with local students for the discounted food is the nightly routine. The girl from the night before, Sen Yarizui, is an upper classmate known as the Frozen Witch and is one of the local Wolves who dominates the area. She educates him on the rules of the game where Wolves eat well while Dogs settle for cup ramen. With fellow first year student Hana Oshiroi, a fetishistic germaphobe, You Sato sets out to discover if he too has what it takes to be a Wolf and taste the sweet victory of half priced boxed banquets or wallow in the bitter defeat of reconstituted noodles and salty broth in a styrofoam bowl.

The Mainichi Shimbun reported that as of March 2011, over 550,000 copies of the light novels have been sold in Japan.[9] The light novel series has ranked three times in Takarajimasha's light novel guide book Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! published yearly: eighth in 2010,[10] fifth in 2011,[11] and third in 2012.[12]

In my opinion, it's one of the most underrated anime. Amazing characters, amazing stories with great philosophies behind it, and lots of humor. I think the anime is an adaptation of the first 3 volumes so, i'd like (and more people i think) to read this great series. The only thing translated aside from the anime, is the manga spin-off.

Thank you, and i really hope it gets translated. If there's something wrong, just tell me.

For more info, you can look at the wiki's series

http://ben-to.wikia.com/wiki/Light_novel
Elan Tedronai
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Elan Tedronai »

So many good series, so few amazing people willing to translate... Must...learn..japanese...

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”