Katanagatari?

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Would you be Interested in Katanagatari

Yes!
96%
Meh, sure why not.
2%
I don't really care.
0%
No!
2%

Total votes: 266

SirZaphael
Astral Realm

Katanagatari?

Post by SirZaphael »

Hi, I'm a new member and I also just started Watching Katanagatari. I wanted to read the books, and in my quest to obtain a PDF or eBook in english, I cam across the whole series in Japanese with covers and insert art. Now, I don't speak Japanese, but I was hoping there would be other people who want to read Katanagatari, but couldn't find the raws. Anywho, if their is an interested Translator, please post. If there is already a Katanagatari thread, please tell me so I can go find it. Hope to hear from people soon!
-Sir Zaphael
P.S. I have all 12 volumes, but the actual pages are .gif and the insert art/cover are pdf, if that makes any difference.
pyonpyon
Astral Realm

Re: Katanagatari?

Post by pyonpyon »

I would also like to read the novels now that the anime is finished.
Kitiara
Astral Realm

Post by Kitiara »

Baka-Tsuki has all the Monogatari series. I'd like to see Katanagatari among them. The anime is great and i want to read the LN.
florza
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by florza »

Katanagatari has nothing to do with the Monogatari series.
woyo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by woyo »

Kitiara wrote:Baka-Tsuki has all the Monogatari series. I'd like to see Katanagatari among them. The anime is great and i want to read the LN.
this is katanagatari, not katanamonogatari :lol:
Toomin
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Toomin »

I would love to see an English translation of Katanagatari. I was a huge fan of the series when it was animated, and I'd even like to offer to help out should this become a project. My Japanese is mediocre at best, which is why I can't just do it by myself. However, my English is excellent, and if I had some help with even just general rough translations, I could take the rest from there. I previously worked on Kenji, a martial arts manga from the 80s. Like OP, I have the raws, but they are scanned as gif, which makes it a bit more difficult to look up kanji. I can work on OCR-ing them to make it easier if it helps. I have plenty of time over the next six months, at the very least, to get started.

If this can happen, please let me know. If I can help make it happen, I will.

Thanks!
- Toomin
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

If you know this much Japanese you could try it yourself... and ask occasionally for help here when you meet a problem...

Also translating is a good training to get better in Japanese... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Toomin
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Toomin »

Well that's just it. My Japanese is not very good at all, at least with reading. My professor in college put a lot more emphasis on speaking and conversation, so I did not learn many kanji. As a result, I would need to look a lot of this up as I go, since there are no furigana. In addition, because the raws are scanned in as png files, I can't easily highlight them and copy-paste to get the reading or meaning.

I plan on doing this project anyway, even if I can't find anyone to help out with rough translations, but it will be very very slow.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Toomin wrote:In addition, because the raws are scanned in as png files, I can't easily highlight them and copy-paste to get the reading or meaning.
Use japanese OCR (just google it) :wink:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Slow, I wouldnt really see that as a problem... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Toomin
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Toomin »

arczyx wrote:Use japanese OCR (just google it) :wink:
Thanks, I'll add it to my list. I have three different OCR programs. They each pick up different things with varying quality, so I'm able to get most of the kanji as I go. I started today, and it took a few hours to do the first page. Haha, half a year per book isn't so bad, right?
SkeletoNQueeN06
Astral Realm

Post by SkeletoNQueeN06 »

Please.. I would really like to read this light novel.. :(
metroid112
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by metroid112 »

I really hope someone picks this up in a near future. It's a great anime, and the novel is a work of NisiOisin, so it should be great too. It's even weird it hasn't been translated yet.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”