HOW ABOUT Black Cat: Hoshi no Zanshou?

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
lime
Astral Realm

HOW ABOUT Black Cat: Hoshi no Zanshou?

Post by lime »

Black Cat: Hoshi no Zanshou
Written by Tomohito Ōsaki
Published by Shueisha
Published October 2005

No one has translated this novel, so i think i'll comment Black Cat. If u're interested i'll follow u till the end. :cry:

Black Cat (manga version) http://www.manga2u.com/Black_Cat/

Here's pic.http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo25 ... 00x260.jpg

With the permission from the author, Kentaro Yabuki, Tomohito Ōsaki wrote a light novel titled Black Cat: Hoshi no Zanshou. It was released in Japan in October 2005.

Synopsis

The story centers on a man named Train Heartnet who withdrew from an elite group of assassins called the Toki no Bannin (時の番人; the Chronos Numbers) to become a Sweeper (a bounty hunter).

In Train’s world, there is a secret organization, Chronos, that rules one third of the world’s economy through underground control of almost every kind of business. To maintain the balance of the world, Chronos is essential, and therefore, there is the need to have people to protect Chronos. Besides all normal erasers, there are special elite assassins with Orihalcon-made weapons called the Chrono Numbers. Chrono Numbers have their numbers engraved on their body and their weapon. There were twelve total Chrono Numbers, but when Train Heartnet, an unsurpassable shooter, decided to join Chronos in their cause, the number XIII was founded. No one that was targeted by Train Heartnet, also known as Black Cat, for bringing “bad luck”, and his extremely quick movements and attacks, ever survived. The name Black Cat was the most feared among assassins.

His only objective was “to be the best”. In one of his missions, he had to kill a target, but the target’s child was at the scene. Train, recalling his childhood trauma, could not kill the target in front of his child, leading to him being shot by the target’s bodyguard.

Eventually, he met Saya Minatsuki, who was a sweeper. Through his contact with Saya, Train changed drastically, a change that culminated with leaving Chronos. However, a man who admired Train in an obsessive way, Creed Diskenth, did not accept that an elite assassin was being changed that way. Creed then set out to kill Saya, while Train was not there. Train reached the scene too late and tried to fight Creed, but he escaped.

Six months later, Train is a Sweeper, traveling with his partners Sven Vollfied and Eve. Their lives as sweepers is about to be changed when the present is invaded by the past: Creed Diskenth, after two years of being away, returns. And he wishes to meet Train, with a proposal to become his partner.

A running gag in the anime is usually for a white cat to appear at a time when a character makes a joke but also appears in different places such as in Eve’s crystal ball and on one page of Sven’s newspaper in episode 13 and 21. The white cat also appears as a shield used by Train whenever Kyoko wants to kiss him.
quethiril
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: HOW ABOUT Black Cat: Hoshi no Zanshou?

Post by quethiril »

Any idea how the novel relates to the manga? Is it a side story? Does it recap the entire series? (Seems like a lot to fit into one volume...)
Amycat8733
Astral Realm

Post by Amycat8733 »

I would like to see that. I have all manga series and anime. They are different. I would like to read novel. Train one of my faves!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Did you make sure no one has this licensed for english translation? If not and really determined to see this in your native language I suggest you PM any of the translator and editors here with your proposal. Unfortunately many are hard working on other series so don't get your hopes high. What helps the most is find newblood with strong motivations to see this translate (black cat fans) and those who have the necessary skills to see your goal comes true.

baka baka baka

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”