Tenchi Muyo! GXP novel

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
electro41587
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Tenchi Muyo! GXP novel

Post by electro41587 »

Cosmic Eagle wrote:
electro41587 wrote:here is the first little bit of the beginning of the first book JURAI
Spoiler! :
This story follows the man called Azusa, who is to become the King of Jurai. The story is divided into two parts: the present, where he meets Funaho, and the past when he was a child. The story of the beginning of all...

In the present, Azusa was a young man of the house Masaki with a problem. Though claiming he was going into space for training, he was actually seeking to get away from a woman - Seto. Seto was the wife of Utsumi, of the household of the Kamiki family, and the mother of Misaki (Ayeka and Sasami's mother). She was called "The Terrifying Princess of Jurai". Seto was indeed terrible in a way, and that was causing dismay in those around her. She was a powerful and dominant member of the court. Because of this, she wielded a large influence on Azusa (and later Funaho and Yosho). Seto was continually trying to introduce girls to Azusa to marry, until Azusa could stand it no longer and decided to run away. (In fact, Seto was only having fun with Azusa, chasing him around with eligible brides. She enjoyed seeing his distress.)

During his trip into space, Azusa happened to meet Kagato and Ryoko (with Ryo-ohki). A battle ensued and he was defeated. He had to retreat from Kagato, finding that the Light Hawk Wings were not able to defend against the attacks from Ryo-ohki. The battle was tough and a space distortion was generated by the two powerful ships, Ryo-ohki and "Kirito", Azusa's ship.

When things looked bad for Azusa, Tsunami appeared and transported Azusa and his ship far away from the battle site - to Earth.

On Earth, Azusa helped a lady with some bandits. At her house, he recuperated from the injuries of the battle. Her name was Funaho. During his stay, he began to fall in love with her and finally, after the battle with the gangs (that were actually space gangs), he decided to take her to Jurai as his first wife.

During his stay with Funaho, Azusa told her about his childhood The stories of how his mother and father met, the event that changed his point of view concerning Seto, his first meeting with Mitsuki and the day when he gained his tree, Kirito.

Amame and Kazuki(part 1)

Azusa's father, Yotsuga Kazuki was a cadet of the Galaxy Police. He was posted to Jurai and there he was to meet Amame, who was a daughter of the Masaki family, one of the four imperial houses. There was a custom in Jurai that whenever a new officer was posted to Jurai, an event (or more a trial) was held for him. The event was quite simple: he must help a lady escape from some drunks. If he succeeded, then he would pass the test. If he failed, he must go back to where he came from. As was well known, no normal person could match up to a Jurai warrior and this test was only to find out if the officer had guts. However, not many had passed this trial. Azusa's father, too, had to face that trial the day he arrived, but an accident occurred. Kazuki actually ran into a real group of drunks, not the test ones. Fortunately, he was able to help the girl, but he was done to a frazzle. Those who were watching just thought it was another trial and no one tried to stop it, except for Amame. She was there to watch the trial with her friends, but noticing that the place where Kazuki was beaten was different from where she had heard, she realized what was happening and intervened.

After she easily got rid of the rowdies, she asked, "Why did you not use your blaster?"
"There were a lot of people around, and I also didn't want to hurt those fellows."
"Ha! Oh, there is no one clumsy enough here to be shot by you."
"Er, well, I suppose that is true."
"Well, after all - you have helped out the girl, so it seems that you have passed the trial."
"Thank you."
"But, I think you need to train yourself a bit more."
Though astonished at his foolishness, she admired his determination and so began to teach the Jurai martial arts to Kazuki as an apology for the accident. The relationship between Azusa's mother and father grew.

When the time came for Kazuki to return to a post on his own planet, Azusa's mother gave up her place in the imperial house and went with him, and there they were married. Though it might be thought difficult for one of the imperial houses to leave, it was actually quite easy to give up her (or his) place. All she(or he) had to do was to root his or her imperial tree to the earth of Jurai. It was not allowed for the descendants of such a person to come back to Jurai as an imperial family member unless two of the other three families accepted their return.

It sounded as if Azusa's mother had worried over her decision, which Azusa guessed, but the fact was that while she did worry about her imperial tree, she did not about leaving the imperial family. As one of the Jurai people, who are descended from pirates, she was strong and got used to the life in the new world. There they had a boy, who they named Azusa. A simple life, but they were happy.
I have those...they seem to be the summaries. I mean Jurai is a 214 page book. Washu is 270+

The translations seem too brief compared with those page lengths to be word for word translations.
the web sits shows that Jurai 8,746 words, Yosho 16,669 words, and Washu 13,686 words
check for your self
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

electro41587 wrote:here is the first little bit of the beginning of the first book JURAI
Spoiler! :
This story follows the man called Azusa, who is to become the King of Jurai. The story is divided into two parts: the present, where he meets Funaho, and the past when he was a child. The story of the beginning of all...

In the present, Azusa was a young man of the house Masaki with a problem. Though claiming he was going into space for training, he was actually seeking to get away from a woman - Seto. Seto was the wife of Utsumi, of the household of the Kamiki family, and the mother of Misaki (Ayeka and Sasami's mother). She was called "The Terrifying Princess of Jurai". Seto was indeed terrible in a way, and that was causing dismay in those around her. She was a powerful and dominant member of the court. Because of this, she wielded a large influence on Azusa (and later Funaho and Yosho). Seto was continually trying to introduce girls to Azusa to marry, until Azusa could stand it no longer and decided to run away. (In fact, Seto was only having fun with Azusa, chasing him around with eligible brides. She enjoyed seeing his distress.)

During his trip into space, Azusa happened to meet Kagato and Ryoko (with Ryo-ohki). A battle ensued and he was defeated. He had to retreat from Kagato, finding that the Light Hawk Wings were not able to defend against the attacks from Ryo-ohki. The battle was tough and a space distortion was generated by the two powerful ships, Ryo-ohki and "Kirito", Azusa's ship.

When things looked bad for Azusa, Tsunami appeared and transported Azusa and his ship far away from the battle site - to Earth.

On Earth, Azusa helped a lady with some bandits. At her house, he recuperated from the injuries of the battle. Her name was Funaho. During his stay, he began to fall in love with her and finally, after the battle with the gangs (that were actually space gangs), he decided to take her to Jurai as his first wife.

During his stay with Funaho, Azusa told her about his childhood The stories of how his mother and father met, the event that changed his point of view concerning Seto, his first meeting with Mitsuki and the day when he gained his tree, Kirito.

Amame and Kazuki(part 1)

Azusa's father, Yotsuga Kazuki was a cadet of the Galaxy Police. He was posted to Jurai and there he was to meet Amame, who was a daughter of the Masaki family, one of the four imperial houses. There was a custom in Jurai that whenever a new officer was posted to Jurai, an event (or more a trial) was held for him. The event was quite simple: he must help a lady escape from some drunks. If he succeeded, then he would pass the test. If he failed, he must go back to where he came from. As was well known, no normal person could match up to a Jurai warrior and this test was only to find out if the officer had guts. However, not many had passed this trial. Azusa's father, too, had to face that trial the day he arrived, but an accident occurred. Kazuki actually ran into a real group of drunks, not the test ones. Fortunately, he was able to help the girl, but he was done to a frazzle. Those who were watching just thought it was another trial and no one tried to stop it, except for Amame. She was there to watch the trial with her friends, but noticing that the place where Kazuki was beaten was different from where she had heard, she realized what was happening and intervened.

After she easily got rid of the rowdies, she asked, "Why did you not use your blaster?"
"There were a lot of people around, and I also didn't want to hurt those fellows."
"Ha! Oh, there is no one clumsy enough here to be shot by you."
"Er, well, I suppose that is true."
"Well, after all - you have helped out the girl, so it seems that you have passed the trial."
"Thank you."
"But, I think you need to train yourself a bit more."
Though astonished at his foolishness, she admired his determination and so began to teach the Jurai martial arts to Kazuki as an apology for the accident. The relationship between Azusa's mother and father grew.

When the time came for Kazuki to return to a post on his own planet, Azusa's mother gave up her place in the imperial house and went with him, and there they were married. Though it might be thought difficult for one of the imperial houses to leave, it was actually quite easy to give up her (or his) place. All she(or he) had to do was to root his or her imperial tree to the earth of Jurai. It was not allowed for the descendants of such a person to come back to Jurai as an imperial family member unless two of the other three families accepted their return.

It sounded as if Azusa's mother had worried over her decision, which Azusa guessed, but the fact was that while she did worry about her imperial tree, she did not about leaving the imperial family. As one of the Jurai people, who are descended from pirates, she was strong and got used to the life in the new world. There they had a boy, who they named Azusa. A simple life, but they were happy.
Sounds somehow like a summary. I wouldn't expect a LN to have that much narrative text...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

electro41587 wrote: the web sits shows that Jurai 8,746 words, Yosho 16,669 words, and Washu 13,686 words
check for your self
Yup far too short to be complete novels.

Washu is definitely incomplete.

In fact I don't know if they are still in print or has Fujimishobo stopped printing them...

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
electro41587
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by electro41587 »

Cosmic Eagle wrote:In fact I don't know if they are still in print or has Fujimishobo stopped printing them...
i found the raw of Shin Tenchi Muyo vol 1-3
and the tenchi novels wright by Hasegawa vol 1-12
Do you want the link?
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

electro41587 wrote:
Cosmic Eagle wrote:In fact I don't know if they are still in print or has Fujimishobo stopped printing them...
i found the raw of Shin Tenchi Muyo vol 1-3
and the tenchi novels wright by Hasegawa vol 1-12
Do you want the link?
Kay...PM me.

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
electro41587
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by electro41587 »

Cosmic Eagle wrote: Kay...PM me.
Are you going to translate the Tenchi Muyo sires as a teaser project?
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

electro41587 wrote:
Cosmic Eagle wrote: Kay...PM me.
Are you going to translate the Tenchi Muyo sires as a teaser project?
No...currently tied down with HnA. And there are only three titles that I really have any heart to do. Namely Demonbane, Iriya no Sora and Ginban Kaleidoscope.

It's been years since I last watched/read Tenchi....

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”