Future Project Suggestion- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Would you like to see this novel translated?

Yes
100%
Not really (state a reason)
0%
No (please tell a reason)
0%

Total votes: 960

nocete45
Astral Realm

Future Project Suggestion- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Post by nocete45 »

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Synopsis
The story centers around Nyarlko, a formless Cthulhu deity who can take on the shape of anyone it wishes, but particularly the shape of a seemingly ordinary silver-haired girl. Mahiro Yasaka is a normal high school student who is chased by aliens one night, until "Nyarlko" saves him.

Genre: Deity, Romantic Comedy, Harem

TP: No sharing of RAW links on the forums. Do it via PM to any translator who expresses interest in working on this series. Also, what's with the English text in mediafire? I can't download here, so I'll check it out at home.
Last edited by Darklor on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added poll
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Future Project Suggestion- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Not too sure if it is considered "romantic" comedy, though it is comedy of course.

This work borrows a lot of puns from other series, and mainly from the kamen riders(masked riders), with poses and skills and special scenes from the riders series. The puns can range all the way from songs(Idolmaster) to games(monster hunter), TV shows to light novels(Kami-sama no memo-chou. DAMN!), every volume tend to have about 4 pages of sources for puns at the back.

There is no romance in the story really. The story revolves over how Nyarlko tries to seduce Mahiro, who knows that shes one creepy alien, and tries his best to fight against her. While reading, all Cthulhu and related beliefs will be revealed in a very negative manner. Later, more characters appear such as a fiery lesbian(alien) that is madly in love with Nyarlko, that gets along well with Mahiro usually, because he tries to throw Nyarlko to her, a girlish boy(also an alien) that is kind and cute, a mother(Human?) who seems to require special essence from Mahiro to survive etc.

Fighting scenes are rather brutal and nonsensical. Special attacks are made by adding "super galactic" in front, and are completely meaningless.

Example: CQC = Close quarter combat.
Nyarlko and gang, "Super galactic CQC Number XXX"!! Takes out a grenade and throws it at the enemy. Boom, its dead.

Reading this series is likely to get you some laughs, while at the same time decreasing ur SAN stats.

P.S. SAN = sanity.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I remember this from GA bunko. I almost picked it up, but fortunately, I picked up Ore Shura instead, which at least seems to have a clear direction despite the haremic components.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Well, I checked the links. There were translated volumes (in english doc. format). So, do I upload it? And for credits, who did the translation?
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

From JCafe, I get "Download: raw v01-06, txt ver, eng transl by ATLAS", which is a translation program, not a specific person....I don't necessarily know what that entails entirely.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
ShadowZeroHeart

hobogunner wrote:From JCafe, I get "Download: raw v01-06, txt ver, eng transl by ATLAS", which is a translation program, not a specific person....I don't necessarily know what that entails entirely.
If its a translation program, I suggest you don't even bother? A story filled with puns CANNOT be translated by machine, unless you don't mind losing ALL puns. Unless the machine is god-like, which then I suggest to use it for more novels haha!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Is it just a ATLAS translation without edits, than its probably not very good to read, since machine translation is always problematic...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Ways
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Ways »

the anime is out nyaa and there is also a 9 episode OVA series but what the hell...who cares,anyways.i would also like a novel for this 8)
ShadowZeroHeart

Ways wrote:the anime is out nyaa and there is also a 9 episode OVA series but what the hell...who cares,anyways.i would also like a novel for this 8)
Watched the anime first episode, it seems very similar to what I recall from the novel, and is pretty well done.

The OVA series you mentioned is probably the flash animation made, but is of really bad quality and is hard to understand in most cases without any prior knowledge of the series.

P.S. Anyone want to attempt identifying ALL anime/novel titles that appeared in episode 1 of the anime?

P.S.2. Anyone wants to attempt identifying ALL unique/special terms, words, phrases, poses that appeared in the anime? The novel stole a lot of phrases from different areas, with most crowding in kamen rider series.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I didn't expect myself to like this. I'm not going to read the novels but I'm going to watch the anime because it makes me laugh a lot. :lol:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

It sounds like a Seitokai-style without the romance/harem stuffs...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Ways

Post by Ways »

and also,nyaruko is literally a psychopath.i mean....yea......she kills the aliens brutally.....blood.....everywhere.....she is a sadist in love -nods-nods- nyaa
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

They look as bloody as the blood in C-Blood.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart

larethian wrote:I didn't expect myself to like this. I'm not going to read the novels but I'm going to watch the anime because it makes me laugh a lot. :lol:
From the first episode, the anime is doing quite well in following the novel, so its fine with just watching the anime. In fact, it might be better, some parts were hard to imagine in words.
Kira0802 wrote:It sounds like a Seitokai-style without the romance/harem stuffs...
There is romance... Gay-ness(hinted), lesbian love(NOT hinted. If you don't notice this, you need to check your eyes, and brain), incest(if I recall), harem, puns, fights between families.

Its not seitokai style, because there is action and some ideas. But the main gist of it is all the puns and crazy ideas. Spotting all the puns used in the novel/anime is interesting too!
Ways wrote:and also,nyaruko is literally a psychopath.i mean....yea......she kills the aliens brutally.....blood.....everywhere.....she is a sadist in love -nods-nods- nyaa
Mentioned in both novel and anime, with nyaruko and such around, your SAN will go down.

Very minor spoiler:
Spoiler! :
P.S. Galactic CQC defines grenades as a form of CQC, don't ask me why. Anything goes with Galactic so long as they want it that way
P.S. having read the volumes, I must inform all of you that hidden plots can be located in the middle of the volume in many cases, only to be revealed at the end of each volume. These hidden plots can be really minor things that is briefly mentioned. The protagonist tries his best to guess some of these in the novel, but usually fails to. Lets see if you guys can spot them!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Ways