Future Project Suggestion- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!

Would you like to see this novel translated?

Yes
100%
Not really (state a reason)
0%
No (please tell a reason)
0%

Total votes: 960

Kamikuro
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Future Project Suggestion- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Post by Kamikuro »

I hopes someone does this.... I would do it on my own but I don't have the skill :( I'm learning at a lower level right now so I can't read kanji
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

I hope someone will pick it up - it is look interesting

Edit: there many other novel which better than this one - so it is better to pick it up later.
Link to my user on B-T
alfa33333
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by alfa33333 »

:( Please, someone picks this novel. I have been waiting to read it. It is a shame that nobody is translating it.
Shuzero
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Oreshura
Date A Live
Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukanai (Haganai)
Shinmai maou no Keiyakusha

Post by Shuzero »

The plot really sounds interesting and 'kind of' grabbed my attention and I would definitely read it if it gets translated.

Unfortunately, I don't know ANY Japanese, but I would be happy to edit the novel (i.e text into ePUB) since I'm using Sigil to convert some PDF into ePUB.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

It's rumored to be insanely difficult. You basically have to be a hardcore otaku to get the references and at the same time pretty proficient in Japanese. The rumors alone keep me from even opening the hard copy I have - talk about superstition. :lol:
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Acularis
Astral Realm

Post by Acularis »

So is there any chance of this getting translated. I just finished both seasons of the show about a month ago and it is one of my favorite because it is so funny and I love the characters. What do you think the chances are of this getting translated?
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

1:99.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Btw. has this novel series a proper end?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
nini207
Astral Realm

Post by nini207 »

If you're referring to the author's finishing of this novel, then yeah, Wikipedia claims it ended April 14th, 2014.

If you're referring to how much closure the ending provides, I think it ends with an open-harem situation rather than the protagonist having some revelation with Nyaruko.

If you're referring to something else, then sorry for being presumptuous; I've done more than glanced at the RAWs and checked some fan posts on other sites, but I've done nothing to the effect of translating any of it.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

@nini207 ah, I meant the 2nd - thanks!

And I meant it in refrence to the anime ending which had an open end as well...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

Darklor wrote:@nini207 ah, I meant the 2nd - thanks!

And I meant it in refrence to the anime ending which had an open end as well...
There's apparently going to be one more OVA (I'm guessing a single episode) so there might be some closure on that side of thing as well.
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Kimzark
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Absolute Duo, Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Unlimited Fafnir, Hyouketsu Kyoukai no Eden, Saijaki Muhai no Bahamut, Hundred, Date a Live, Oda Nobuna no Yabou and many others ^^

Project Suggestion: Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Post by Kimzark »

Hi, it's my first post here on baka tsuki, so first of all i would like to say: Thank you very much, to the translators and editors, for all your time and effort translating our beloved light novels :D
Just a little note before i start, all the information im using here, it's from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyaruko:_C ... _with_Love). So if it isn't 100% accurate, i apologize, and some mod please edit it in the future ^^ Now to the main point of this post.

This series, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (or Nyaruko: Crawling with Love) consists in 12 volumes, which is already finished. Currently there are 2 seasons of the anime, and some OVAs, but there is nothing like read the original work, that lead to those awsome animations. This series is a Rom-Com-Parody (is this even a thing? Whatever, you guys understood right?), which envolve a male human (Mahiro Yasaka), two alien girls (Nyarlathotep and Cthugha) and one alien boy (Hastur). The thing is, these aliens, aren't the normal kind (is there even a normal kind of alien?), they are creatures from the work of H. P. Lovecraft's, in other words, Chaos deities. And even Mahiro, isn't your normal male human, since he has a secret weapon against those aliens (Do you wanna know what it is? muahah i'm not telling you :P) which he isn't afraid to use, every single time... More could be said about the story, but, if you're interested, have a peek at the anime (or if you have acess to the light novels, even better).

But, they said 1 picture is worth more than 1000 words right? Then lets introduce our characters :D

From left to right are Cthugha, Nyarlathotep, and Hastur.

Nyarlathotep and Mahiro.

And the picure of the cover of the first light novel volume.

Sorry for the long post, but, i just love these series very much. And, i hope you (dear translators) may enjoy these too.
Just one last note. On the wikipedia, there isn't any mention about english publishers, so i think there is none working on these.

EDIT: thanks to the mod who moved my post here (i used the feature to search if there was already a topic about this, but all the searches i made, always came up empty, so i apolagize for making it again. Maybe im just not used to this feature just yet... but i'll get the hang of it)
yono15
Astral Realm

Post by yono15 »

can someone please tell me if they've finished translating and if so post a link? ;-;

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”