List of LN Translations Not Hosted on B-T

Have an idea on improving Baka-Tsuki?
Know a great light novel series that should be translated? Tell us here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
Please read the New Project Petition Guidelines before posting!
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: List of LN Translations Not Hosted on B-T

Post by cloudii »

Kira0802 wrote:How about making a separate wiki page for every of these? I can do it, if you want.
I actually favor a Wiki page for every light novel series (whether or not BT hosts the translations or not).

NanoDesu does the linking out already for series like Sugar Dark (and many more). And they typically make a new Wiki Project Page for each series they do.

If we contact these external sources, and suppose they agree to let us link out to them, can we follow the NanoDesu model for other external translations?

Since Baka-Tsuki isn't a translation group and more of a translation community, I think it's perfectly fair that Baka-Tsuki function as an encyclopedia to existing light novel translations on the internet. Wiki's function best as encyclopedia's after all. xD Honestly, it doesn't hurt Baka-Tsuki (server-wise) to have one additional page for every additional known light novel translation that exists on the internet.

Furthermore, if we go in that direction, I think it will increase the reader utility of Baka-Tsuki as a hub for light novel translations, and ultimately take us one step closer to dominating the universe~! >:D *mwahahaahaaa*
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lery »

We could add Kyoukai no Kanata (http://nakulas.blogspot.ch/2013/04/kyou ... ation.html) to the list, maybe some translators would pop out of nowhere... (since it's more or less stalled as of now) :mrgreen:

Cloudii, have you actually done what you were talking about in March? About creating one page for every of those?
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Kuro Hoshikuzu
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kuro Hoshikuzu »

Sadly Chuunibyou got removed :/
I'm German. I'm nix good English ... sonuvabitch ...
Ecchi-sama
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
Ero-manga Sensei

Post by Ecchi-sama »

Just curious, can we link Sky's KonoSuba to BT?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Ecchi-sama wrote:Just curious, can we link Sky's KonoSuba to BT?
Probably not, since it was clearly dmca'd (even if it was reposted as "fanfiction") and BT respects dmca in general.
AP24
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AP24 »

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Cthaeh wrote:
Ecchi-sama wrote:Just curious, can we link Sky's KonoSuba to BT?
Probably not, since it was clearly dmca'd (even if it was reposted as "fanfiction") and BT respects dmca in general.
Just curious, did they just shot down, or was it also backed with an official release?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Future Project Suggestions”